Time for a change

blue_t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well its that time of year again im getting the itch to change some things up.
Love the black..but..pain in the a** to keep it sharp and shinny,especially sense moving to the coast,salt spray covers the car everytime i go to work.So im looking for a new color,something in the blue family.

I haven't seen a gen 2 in a nice blue. That would be a nice color. What are you thinking? A lighter or darker shade of blue?

i have always wanted to paint a mark VIII like a GTS viper blue like this bike i painted.

this was a suzuki katana i repainted after it was layed down.
before paint:
GSX600F002.jpg

after paint:
katana088.jpg

katana090.jpg

i absolutely love the factory Dodge Viper blue. this is a harley tank i painted the same color, i painted the whole harley but you get the idea from the tank.
Rebsbike001.jpg

good luck lee, i know you know you are in for alot of work!!

Viper Blue is purdy. Sonic Blue also rocks. Negaro Blue from Audi is also quite a striking color in person but does not photograph well. I also dig the new Kona Blue from Ford.

Sonic:

21383d1263533612-user1_pic21_1224798586.jpg

Viper Blue:

dodge_viper_blue1.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Negaro blue:

Fullstrut-6220-NogaroBlueAudiS4V8.jpg

Kona blue:

2010MustangGT073.jpg

im thinking about house of kolor cobalt blue kandy or blurple.
love those two colors but leaning more toward the cobalt.i think i might paint it
this memorial weekend since im off for a couple of days.

i actually love the 2011 grabber blue, but i dont think any other car could pull it off like the mustang. i didnt like it the first time i saw it, but the ford dealer near my shop has 3 ponies in the front row all grabber blue and i am in love with it now, if i could shyt 100 dollar bills i would have one in my driveway already.
2011MustangV6.grabberblueside.jpg

hey lee why not a color similiar to a mystic cobra? i'm thinking that because i saw one pass work today when i was pulling out, i love mystic cobra's
cobra355jr7.jpg

2003MysticCobra.jpg

l_d4f681683c674d408f1c442c619ed046.jpg

mystic-cobra-mustang.jpg

so sick looking!

i actually love the 2011 grabber blue, but i dont think any other car could pull it off like the mustang. i didnt like it the first time i saw it, but the ford dealer near my shop has 3 ponies in the front row all grabber blue and i am in love with it now, if i could shyt 100 dollar bills i would have one in my driveway already.
2011MustangV6.grabberblueside.jpg

hey lee why not a color similiar to a mystic cobra? i'm thinking that because i saw one pass work today when i was pulling out, i love mystic cobra's
cobra355jr7.jpg

2003MysticCobra.jpg

Looks green at some angles. love kandys BUT!! they suck to paint! especially blue kandys.So if i can find something close to cobalt blue i may do
that.

i have a friend(yes just one) in missouri that is sending me new tail lights and trunk light,i think im might shoot them with a transparent blue.the ones on the car now are cleared with a transparent black and would be too dark after applying the blue. i like the Sonic blue.I have to go to Missouri to pick up my kids June24 which is a friday so i want to have all this done by then...anyone want to go?? 32 hour round trip with no sleep sucks!i have to work that monday.

i have a friend(yes just one) in missouri that is sending me new tail lights and trunk light,i think im might shoot them with a transparent blue.the ones on the car now are cleared with a transparent black and would be too dark after applying the blue. i like the Sonic blue.I have to go to Missouri to pick up my kids June24 which is a friday so i want to have all this done by then...anyone want to go?? 32 hour round trip with no sleep sucks!i have to work that monday.

if you put more than 2 or 3 coats of candy blue on the tail lights they will look black anyway. Its how I used to tint lights before they came out with nightshade, etc and it got popular.

well im went and ordered the cobalt blue candy from house of color.
ill start stripping it down this weekend.

well im went and ordered the cobalt blue candy from house of color.
ill start stripping it down this weekend.
That blue is quite....... blue. I like it and am very curious how that will look on a Mark. I think the curves can pull it off. Would be even cooler with a slight pearl in the clear.

album_picm.php

21dl.jpg

That blue is quite....... blue. I like it and am very curious how that will look on a Mark. I think the curves can pull it off. Would be even cooler with a slight pearl in the clear.

album_picm.php

21dl.jpg

It is very blue but it will be toned down a bit with dark gray primer.what color of pearl would you use in the clear?? purple?? that may be cool looking..

lee if you want i can mail you some pearle for the clearcoat. it is a powder pearle you sprinkle into the clear, its a royal violet blue, all you need is a pinch, i dont know if you would like it, its sick but too much of it will turn the color to barney purple, you could play on a scrap piece of something if you want, i have a ton of it so i wouldnt want anything, i can put it in a small baggie and mail it. its alot like the factory pearle they put on the white escalade's

lee if you want i can mail you some pearle for the clearcoat. it is a powder pearle you sprinkle into the clear, its a royal violet blue, all you need is a pinch, i dont know if you would like it, its sick but too much of it will turn the color to barney purple, you could play on a scrap piece of something if you want, i have a ton of it so i wouldnt want anything, i can put it in a small baggie and mail it. its alot like the factory pearle they put on the white escalade's

that would be cool! im stripping the car down now..sucks is i have to drive it next week with it in primer.seriously that would be cool ..ill take you to hooters for that!....if the wife wont get mad.my address is 51 sundunes cir,ponce inlet,32127.again thank Jamie!

Orry, thats a rosetta pearl. Havent seen one with regular pearl.

Still killer though.

IMG_1421.jpg

I like your car black just like it is. If mine had Black interior I'd be tempted to paint it Plum Crazy Purple.

Members online

Back