The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

I love the center caps! They really look good on the black wheels. Did you get the cruise control board yet? My wife sent it out 3 days ago. The car looks awesome.
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am really diggin this car to. :)

The board has not come yet but will prolly be here tomorrow.

bill what did them caps run you, i was thinking of those also but i couldnt remember who had them, i really like those, dont care for my chrome ones but i dont want to ghetto paint them, you just stuck those right on the center cap correct?

bill what did them caps run you, i was thinking of those also but i couldnt remember who had them, i really like those, dont care for my chrome ones but i dont want to ghetto paint them, you just stuck those right on the center cap correct?
You pop off the faux Saleen sticker and put these ones on there. Use a heat gun on the glue to help them cure and thats it. They are only $12 a set. They are about 2mm thick and feel like gel. Very nice quality and great look.
Its Temple Performance that sells them. Ya know the same guys that do the trans swaps and are making the new nose?

As for measuring them you may wanna fnd someone with the right stuff to measure. Last set I ordered were off by a mm and didnt fit and I had to shave them down. They had the LMS sticker on them. The LMS looks nice but dont last as its an unprotected sticker. Plus they look like a sticker where these have a nice finnished look to them.

Car looks awsome, that color really is great! Mang... those are some tiny Brakes!!! In the first picture you posted, they just look inadequate.

I like the look. It has that bad boy - sinister look to it. My next Mark will definitely be dark colored.

Bill...... We need a clean shot of the side... Add to my collection of wallpapers.. :)

Bill...... We need a clean shot of the side... Add to my collection of wallpapers.. :)
inter.jpg

IMGP0363.jpg

IMGP0349.jpg

Here is some fresh ones with the caps and my new $14 lug nuts. :D

IMGP0442.jpg

IMGP0444.jpg

IMGP0447-1.jpg

Got my radar detectors mount today so got it all setup. I really dig this thing. Has photo radar locations and speed traps via the AURA database. The rejection circuitry isnt as good as a 9500i and it dont quite have the range of a Valentine but for the rediculously low price I picked it up for I am happy. :)

IMGP0458-1.jpg

IMGP0459-1.jpg

Just looked at the last couple pages of this thread....and all the pics.....

*cries*

Looking good bro, cant wait to see where you take it!

Got my radar detectors mount today so got it all setup. I really dig this thing. Has photo radar locations and speed traps via the AURA database. The rejection circuitry isnt as good as a 9500i and it dont quite have the range of a Valentine but for the rediculously low price I picked it up for I am happy. :)

I have a Valentine but I have to send it in for repair :(
What kind is that one that you got?

I lucked out when I got mine. Had zero bids cause the ad happened to be misspelled the same way I misspelled the search. :D

No new progress so to speak of on the car. Just been enjoying it and driving it when I can afford gas. Took her out for a spin today and ran a 04GT between a couple stop lights. Pulled a car length both times so I am happy. :)

Be nice to not be so broke so I can do more things to it.

Love the cut wheel wells! So much nicer then when I rolled the last cars fenders. High speeds on rough roads and they still never come close to rubbing even when the car is lowered.

I may go ahead and sensor lower it in the next day or two since its free and I want it to sit a little lower when slammed.

Started on the air bag mod today to run the air springs at a higher rate. Unfortunatly between my hernia and the 102* weather I gave up for now but will finnish it this weekend.
Figure I will do the sensor lowering too so that she can get low when parked.

IMGP0526-1.jpg

I got my spare heating elements from a 98 lsc that was not
Optioned for heated seats. The elements must have came in all seats
VERY small connecting wires they beak very easy

I got my spare heating elements from a 98 lsc that was not
Optioned for heated seats. The elements must have came in all seats
VERY small connecting wires they beak very easy

hmm very interesting. i need a replacement for my drivers side

if you pulled heated elements from a mark with no heated seat option than the seats were put in from another car at some point. i have pulled apart over 3000 mark VIII seats and never once took an element from a seat that didnt have heated seats factory. they would never spend the money to install the elements into all mark VIII's unless they all had heated seats, way too much money to waste.

the seat would have had to have been replace at a very young
age then I got the car at 85000 miles
and I know the previous owner and I believe he got the car
around 20000 miles
when I took the car apart the wires for the heat elements were tucked up in
with the elements
I guess maybe I just got lucky

Members online

No members online now.
Back