The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

True, I competed against both cars. the judges once let the GN go through staging with the car off because they couldnt get it start.

Found more stuff to work on today. Got some new sway bar bushings but will wait till the shocks show up to replace them. Also gonna buy a cut off and grinding wheel to see if I can stop the tire scraping.

But it was cold today and I turned on the seat heater. It seems like the back does not work at all so I am gonna look into that. Hope its a loose wire but I am sure its a bad heating element. Gonna have to hunt the JYs I guess.

i agree on ford blue valve covers, i actuall have ford blue powder from eastwood left over from when i did chadly's valve covers i got enough for probably 2 or 3 pairs. wonder if i can find a pic of his motor. i cant find the pic after he put them on but this is what they looked like when i was done. i think something like these would look awesome on that gray mark.
valvecovers070.jpg

Found more stuff to work on today. Got some new sway bar bushings but will wait till the shocks show up to replace them. Also gonna buy a cut off and grinding wheel to see if I can stop the tire scraping.

But it was cold today and I turned on the seat heater. It seems like the back does not work at all so I am gonna look into that. Hope its a loose wire but I am sure its a bad heating element. Gonna have to hunt the JYs I guess.

I got some extra heating elements if you need them, I'll sell em super cheap :)

We need to talk about tthat then cause I think I need one.

So I am gearing up for tomorrows work. Nothing major.

1. Oil change to Mobil1 and get that damn Fram filter out and swapped with an 820S.
2. Bought cut off wheel and grinder wheel to trim the rear wheel wells.
3. Install new poly sway bar end links.
4. Install brand new second hand Bilsteins in the rear.

That should keep me from shreading yet another rear tire and get rid of the clunk from the broken sway bar link bushings.

Today all I did is switch the reg over and get a safety plus have some new exhaust hangers installed. Shop didnt even charge me for that. :D
Also lucked out cause the state thinks my car is of no value so reg and title and tax was under $200. :D

Started on todays work.

First pulled the crap bushings and slapped in new Energy Suspension versions:

IMGP0430.jpg

IMGP0432.jpg

Then I marked the wheel wells where I needed to cut and went to town.

Before:

IMGP0434.jpg

After:

IMGP0436.jpg

Now I am just waiting for FedEx to drop my shocks off.

Pretty simple huh?
Looks good and I am doing the same as soon as I get wide tires.

Hey I think I see a bee hive !!! :p

Well things are never simple. After waiting till 9 for the shocks to show up I call FedEx to ask why it says they were delivered. Turns out that the dude sent them to the wrong address even after I confirmed with him 3 times as to what the correct one was. Sapperfire drove me out to the old house and the shocks were still sitting on the front porch.

Anywho we picked them up and just got done slapping them in. All I can say is holy cow. With the fender shaving and the very firm shocks the tires dont even try to rub even when the car is low and going over dips at high speed. Car feels so much better with the Bilsteins on them I wish I would have gotten some for the white one when I still had it.

IMGP0438.jpg

cause I wanted to roll my fenders but if I'd get enouph clearance from trimming them up a little I'd rather just do that, I have 275's I want to lower the rear another 1/2" but the rub alot

I have 255 right now but the trimkming gave more room then rolling them. Had I of done this on the white car with 275s then it wouldnt have the occasional rub in it.

what's the part number for the energy suspension poly rear sway bar end link bushings?

Dunno. I threw away the package and trash was yesterday. They are the only ones Autozone has on their shelves. Its in the section with the ricer parts. Has 8 bushings and 8 washers and is in a yellow package. They are only $9 for the set.

Those are 03-04 cobra bilstiens? What about the shock mount what did you do don't mind my ignorance but my next steps are getting the way my car handles in check

Car has aftermarket mounts. Even with stock mounts all you need to do is burn the factory bushing out.

They fir perfect in my car.

My new center caps showed up today and I really dig em! They were so much cheaper then my last set and IMHO of much better quality. They are almost 3-d and are done how the factory would have done it. Kudos to Jeff at Temple Performance.

IMGP0440.jpg

IMGP0441.jpg

I love the center caps! They really look good on the black wheels. Did you get the cruise control board yet? My wife sent it out 3 days ago. The car looks awesome.

Members online

No members online now.
Back