The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

or they were put in by mistake from ford, but i know for a fact that heated elements were not put in all the seats if they had heated seats or not, my 97 doesnt have heated seats, and i'll go pull the skin back and take a pic there is no elements in my seats!

Fuggin car is pissing me off. The white one could sit pretty freakin low, a good 1.5" lower then the grey car with the ASHAM set on full drop. So today I decided to go ahead and sensor lower the car to really get her low. No dice. Car wont get any lower only now its at full drop with the ASHAM set about half way and at full lift it can just get close to stock ride height. IDK why the car cant get any lower? Same size wheels and tires (even narrower in back) as the white one, same controler..... I just dont get why it cant go low enough. Not hitting the bump stops or wheels because when its as low as it will go I can sill push on the car to get some bounce.

Gonna have to wait till its cooler out before I move the sensors back to OEM positions. I like being able to lift the car for steep driveways.

Got a visit from the tire fairy today. :D

IMGP0532.jpg

I haven't seen too many good reviews of the Invos... let us know what you think of them. I went NT555 on my Tbird, any reason you went with the Invo?

i have those all around in 255/35r20s they have great grip and a nice quiet ride, much quieter then my old nitto 555r. i think you will like them a lot and the tread pattern is sweet!!!

I haven't seen too many good reviews of the Invos... let us know what you think of them. I went NT555 on my Tbird, any reason you went with the Invo?
Yes. I went with the Invo because of all the good reviews and because they are quiet yet have excellent grip. Also they look cool. But it was mostly because of all the good reviews. Of course they were Vette, G37, 370Z, Porsche, Audi, BMW and Skyline owners that gave them good reviews so who knows.

I've been using those tires on my bird for over a year. I'm very happy with them. I run them in 255/50/17. The reasons they are highly reviewed by vette guys is because they are cheap, hook decent, and don't ride like garbage like those uber expensive run flats.

They look like they would be a nice summer tire for me?
I was running these on my WRX and I was able to do better in snow than my M&S tires on my Mark :rolleyes:
140.jpg

Got me Nittos instaled today! :dancefool:

Really like them. Quiet, grippy and look neat.

IMGP0552.jpg

IMGP0555.jpg

IMGP0553.jpg

Hey Bill, those Nittos look great on your car!
I can't wait to get mine on but they're not ready yet.

I know you were sick at the time you trimmed the first airspring.
How did the airspring mod turn out?

Ren

Never eded up doing it. The rear shocks are firm enough that I decided I didnt want the extra spring rate in the rear. Still undecided about the front. More rate may be nice but I will wait to see if I can score some Konis first.

should just wait and see how it feels after you toss in some sway bars
need to go ahead and order 2 sets of the bushings from DLF so WE can have a set (and save on shipping)

also thought i would mention, your brakes look really tiny behind those rims .. :D

2 sets, thats several hundred dollars. While I will get them it wont be till after the house sells and I pay off my debts.

Thats why this cars progress in the beginning is so much slower then the white cars. I wont buy any upgrades till the debts are paid.

hurry up and sell that house! i have no idea why you keep stalling on that

Got me Nittos instaled today! :dancefool:

Really like them. Quiet, grippy and look neat.

Looking good, however they aren't always quiet tires, if you ever happen to drive on a highway with some sections of concrete instead of pavement you'll instantly hear what I mean. They sound like super swamper mud terrains on concrete. Under all other situations they are quiet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back