The next progress thread: 1998 Midnight Grey LSC

Car has sat for 24 hours now with the air ride off and still has not dropped down at all so I guess the bags will hold.

Now I gotta figure out where the ASHAM install page is and print the instructions. Gotta fix the printer too I guess. :(

Prolly cant install it today because with all the bee stings I got yesterday my hand is so swelled up I cant even bend my fingers. :(

A flat grey would set your car off the chain.

mark_viii_in_the_weeds.jpg

At one time I was considering painting mine flat black, but not half assed and seal the flat black with a flat clear to seal it instead of it looking ruined or rain stained as that one does. I tend to be old school at times and like the flat black look, as long as the rest of the car is tied into the theme.

I like satin black, with black chrome wheels and dark tails and tint and headlights that looks sick.

Fun fun fun. Spent a bunch of money I didnt want to spend. Got a new tire to replace the one with the gash and bubble on it. After that I went to reg it but they needed a vin verification and my shop cant do that till Monday.
Soooooo I went and had the plates welded on for the front braces and had the exhaust shop fix the hangers so the exhaust stops clanging around. Great shop. They did the braces, exhaust and gave me a beer all for $20. :)
Also since I speed alot and cant afford tickets I bought another cheap $40 Cobra radar detector. Itd be nice to get a Valentine or 9500i but spending $40 was more then I wanted to spend.

Also ordered some black lug nuts. Did it for a couple reasons. One is the cars tire iron dont fit in these wheels so I needed a Gorilla style key. The other is one wheel is missing a lock. Third reason is for $20 its a hell of an improvement. :lol:

Last but not least a friend offered me an unbeatable deal on some 18K old 04 Cobra rear shocks for $60. The Monroes in the car suck and the tire is constantly rubbing the wheel well. These should help to eliminate that problem.

Ill be sure to post pics as the stuff shows up. :)

I am having a brain stumper. My drivers side puddle lamp does not work. I replaced the bulb and still no go. Tested the bulb and its good but there is no power at the socket. Traced the wires to the door plug and they are all good. Cant figure out WTF is up.

Also, before I tear it apart does anyone know if the cruise control button light bulbs are replaceable?

Yes and no. You have to replace the whole circuit board under the buttons. The bulb is soldered to the board. It' really easy to replace the board. Pry the buttons out with a small flat head screwdriver. The board snaps into the housing. There is a white plug that gives power to the board. It's really simple. I have several of both sides. Just let me know if you need one.

Yes and no. You have to replace the whole circuit board under the buttons. The bulb is soldered to the board. It' really easy to replace the board. Pry the buttons out with a small flat head screwdriver. The board snaps into the housing. There is a white plug that gives power to the board. It's really simple. I have several of both sides. Just let me know if you need one.
Cool beans. I need the right side or the "RSM/SET/Coast" side. :)

Too bad your interior is graphite, I replaced my cruise buttons because the ON/OFF side was burned out. The other side is good and I still have them.

Too bad your interior is graphite, I replaced my cruise buttons because the ON/OFF side was burned out. The other side is good and I still have them.
The interior is Midnight Black.

Let me see if I can find the buttons this week. If I can find them I will send them to you.

Installed the 97 beauty cover today. I like it.

imgp0423k.jpg

You should get some ford blue valve covers. I think it looks good in the engine room laser.

Members online

Back