Supercharged Ls V8

LOL only two... we waited months to get a ONE to say yes. 2 more is alot. I do understand with the state of the economy and all. I seem to remember lots of people talking about wanting dibs on the kit before they were available though. Of course thats when it was safe to "just talk".

I know I know I know, and I know I'm just Johnny Comelately. :p I realize I'm probably coming off as an obnoxious twat by bumping this post from time to time, but I figure that if that's what it takes to get this done, then so be it. The ends will justify the means. :)

RIght?
I would do it if I could get LSD into LS. And if my LS had less than 100k miles and was 2006. I didn't want to spend what my car is worth on just more power parts.
Just got the G8 GXP up to 850 miles and got a chance to finally floor it. All I can say is wow!

Yes, you can! Unless I'm misreading your signature.

As for the mileage, I mean, if you've maintained the car, and the cylinder compression checks out, you should be good. It might be a bit riskier at higher mileage, and I know when this goes down and its time to install the supercharger, the engine will be getting a very thorough once-over to ensure it is in excellent condition.

I suppose there's two trains of thought on this, but personally, if the LS is paid off and you have that sweet-ass G8 to drive, isn't that the right time to play with the LS? I mean, if the G8 breaks, you've got the warranty to fall back on, but you pay for that warranty each month when the car payment comes due. With the LS, yeah, you could get it in there and break something, but if the car sits for a while until you can fix it, it's not like you're making payments on it or need it for your daily driver.

Your personal situation could be entirely different and I'm just tossing out a couple scenarios though.

good questions.

yes - I have broke many, many things - nothing serious.
They re-classed me - I used to compete in Class E of Street Prepared (ESP) with Cobras (Supercharged Mustangs) when I was stock - as a misc American V8 Sedan. It was crap.

Then when I added a blower..... 'they' complained and I ended up re-classed into Street Modified 2 (SM2). Total joke, since everyone shows up on trailers.

Then SCCA changes SM rules. so I went into Touring Sedan. Bad idea.

In 11 races I have been black flagged 6 times for aggressive driving. I have replace my passenger fender 4 times, bumper twice - nothing serious. I busted the intercooler piping apart 100+ times. the hot oily air makes the silicon couplings fail fast, and a twist of the body, something come unodne.... I NEED to learn to TIG.

So....
I have not broke anything to do with more power from the supercharger. I have put down 408rwhp and an ET of 12.831. At 57,395miles I have had the SC on for nearly 2 1/2 years - or 14000 miles and I'm not the girly driver (6th set of tires and 7th set of brake pads....). The trannie, half shafts, motor, ... all good.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

The issues forseen with a Gen 2 are not a deal breaker.

I think the biggest issue, will be tuning for the VVT, and no matter what your going to have to tune your car, Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Also, I think there are far less issues with making the SC work on a Gen 2 versus any alternative boosting options.

Right - it's simple stuff.
- the water pump pulley is a different size and no hydralic fan pump - so the belt will need to be a different length
- the intake will need to be re-worked - most likely to mirror a gen1 tube, since the SC intake plenum comes in from the mid-passenger area.
- will have to create a plate to match the gen2 throttlebody to the SC intake plenum. Since the gen2 uses throttle-by-wire you cannot use the SC throttle bodies and will have to mate the LS'.
- some of the wiring for MAF, IAT, Throttle-by-wire will likely need to be lengthen to fit were there are relocated to.

the rest I believe is just tuning. The VVT should not be a problem, just another facting in the tuning.

Perhaps the best approach is to lock out the VVT. Supercharged Jags don't use VVT. I haven't looked into what's necessary, mechanically, to accomplish this, but it's the route I'm taking.
KS

I searched most of the pages but couldnt find the dimensions of your intercooler, info please on L/H/W

look at this m90, on a v6

GTP-Supercharger-Oil-Change-03.JPG

sure - I used to own one - a Bonneville SSEi.

I upgraded fuel, pulley, PCM - owned the largest speeding ticket in ON, Canada for a couple of years... ;)

sure - I used to own one - a Bonneville SSEi.

I upgraded fuel, pulley, PCM - owned the largest speeding ticket in ON, Canada for a couple of years... ;)
Been there and done that too. I rebuilt it and never got it to the track after the rebuild (Check out my Cardomain page in my signature to see the total list of Mods). With just a Pulley swap and 1.9 Rockers I ran 13.6, not bad for a grocery getter!! Now I can't wait to get the V to the track:gr_devil: before AND after mods.

yep - $2700 and pulled my license..... no ticket - just an appearance. the 407 was quik that day.... 3am...

It's an M112.

My point being, does an LS have anything in common with a 3.8 GM motor? Why post that in the first place. Apples to oranges.

Maybe he thought 3.8, 3.9, what's the difference?:D

Just had to throw in the Mr. MOMish reference.;)

yeah - it stopped a month long rain in Austin this week. I have a photoshoot booked on Saturday with the cars. If that goes well and the weather holds up - I may try on Sunday. The regular track is booked for the 'challenge series' but try something.

Members online

Back