Supercharged Ls V8

You'll want to watch QuikLS's progress. He's currently working with the guy from whom you bought that unit on developing a SC kit for the LS. As a matter of fact, Quik's working on it today... :Beer

Good luck!

yep - start at 10:30am this morning taking a break at 1pm

so here is the progress in 2 1/2 hours....
stopping for a beer...

start.jpg

engine bay start.jpg

intake off.jpg

parts 1.jpg

ok - finished beer
- removed the cooling tower
- now to work on the new intake

cooling tower.jpg

CRAZY, but thats y we love quik. he knows sh!t that the producers of the LS font even know, :but what does he look like?" POST QUIK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Quick, better put that front plate back on!!! :D -- Don't want any unncessary attention on you when your testing the SC out!! :slam

Looking good. Let us know when it's done. I'll be on the lookout for some nice long tire marks around Austin when you finish.

Thanks guys -
- still working on it today - probably most of this week (finally have a week in town)

- yeah - I finally took my front plate off for some car calendar shootings - like it much better - but will never pass inspection without it. Just I'll put it on during the drive to inspection....

- no tire burns from me - I just put some Goodyear F1 GS-D3 on it - seem nice. They would dyno my car since the BG RE750s were past the wear bars.....

yikes - thatr's my 4th set of tire and 3rd set of brake in 42,000 miles.....

Quik LS said:
- yeah - I finally took my front plate off for some car calendar shootings - like it much better - but will never pass inspection without it. Just I'll put it on during the drive to inspection....
One would think that you'd be too busy driving during the drive to the inspection, but, hey, whatever floats your boat. ;) :D :D

What are you doing with exhaust? I have magnaflows but was thinking about doing cats and everything. what is the size of the tubes at the exhaust manifold. No room for headers that I can see. Any ideas from anyone?

I went to a local shop and made a custom cat-back - 2.5" piping with few bends, magnaflow x-pipe, flowmaster 40s, magnaflow quad tips....

reports from the prototypes it that 3" piping lost too much back pressure.

ok - here's where I am leaving off for the night.....

- injectors, fuel rail and mounting moved over to the new manifold
- test fitted all the cooling re-routing, bought gaskets
- transfered the LS iac valve onto the new set-up, built block plate
- worked on the TPS..... gonna need some work... the LS uses a typical late model Ford TPS with a WPT-170 connector - but is mounted vertically.... I need one mounted horizontally..... the search is on...

manifold.jpg

cooling parts.jpg

LikeNew02 said:
will you cut a hole in the hood for the blower

This particular supercharger that quik is installing is one that fits under the hood w/ no need for a hole cut in the hood..

Quik LS said:
- worked on the TPS..... gonna need some work... the LS uses a typical late model Ford TPS with a WPT-170 connector - but is mounted vertically.... I need one mounted horizontally..... the search is on...

Fixed the TPS issue - the 1998 3.8L Mustang uses the same TPS as the T-bird SC but has the WPT-170 connector that the LS uses....

TPS fix.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back