Supercharged Ls V8

Quik update....

- got more of the intake built - TPS and IAC on (built a blocking plate to fit the IAC to the T-Bird Throttle)
- made some intake gaskets
- removed and plugged the coolant line from below the coolant tree to the throttle body
- added the new thermostat housing (to re-direct the lines around the SC snout)
- removed and plugged the CHT sensor - moved it into the cooling bridge
- added the new cooling bridge
- found and used standard gaskets for all the cooling

gonna be a late night tonight.... ;)

throttle cooling 1 (small).jpg

throttle cooling 2 (small).jpg

engine cooling 3 (small).jpg

intake gaskets (small).jpg

manifold stage 2 (small).jpg

engine cooling 2 (small).jpg

Awesome. You sure like Blue too eh? :gr_hail: :gr_hail: :gr_hail:

What I want to know is how does your wife like that SC in the kitchen? :N

I've learned not to ask......

actually - I have a lot of 'cookies in the jar' .... ;)

Yeah, well you should see my dining room! Looks like a FedEx hub! And the wife REALLY loves that! :Bang

sorry for ignorance what is "CHT" you refer to in the pictures? also those black things running to the tops of the heads on each side, are those the knock sensors? Just curious, wondered where they were located.

and those do what? do they drive the temperature gauge?

It's used by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module - AKA computer) for various decisions such as start up fueling, spark advance, quite a few things actually.

-Matt

Quik - what are you doing for FUEL? 9th injector? bigger injectors? separate fuel controller? I'd love to know!

Probably using the stock computer and bigger injectors - and a tune, of course.

-Matt

Great job, I wouldn't even know where to begin with a project like this. Maybe I will spot your LS sometime when I party in Austin (I live in San Antonio).

I have some pics but not on this computer, i'm back and forth between cali and MI, moving!!!

I'll post soon! the benz site doesnt even compare to this site!!

Motts said:
I have some pics but not on this computer, i'm back and forth between cali and MI, moving!!!

I'll post soon! the benz site doesnt even compare to this site!!

cool, what part of cali are you moving too?

Just recently purchased 50 Acres in Napa Valley.

Purchased a vineyard and had a house built.

sorry - been traveling during the week....

So day 5:
- have the belt routing backet in place
- have the manifold in

...more to come today...

belt bracket.jpg

manifold.jpg

Hey Quik,

Looking great so far. Can't wait to hear how it comes out.

Could you ask the guy you're working with how difficult it would be to modify the manifold for something say ... a little bigger? :) Like a Kenne Bell perhaps.

-Matt

mdrobnak said:
Could you ask the guy you're working with how difficult it would be to modify the manifold for something say ... a little bigger? :) Like a Kenne Bell perhaps.

-Matt

no need. This M90 can make much more power than we need - I'm only running about 5lbs of boost - seeing how we are already at 10.55:1 compression.

but introduce some different intercooling (I'm only using a front mount) and move the pulley down to 8lbs of boost......

On stock internals - not sure where the upper limit is.....

Well, twin screw vs roots, twin screw should get the temps down a little, and make more power...

Btw, Jag runs 9.1:1 on their S-type R @ 13 lbs...but that only makes 390. (400 on the 4.2)

I'd like to surpass that. 400 or so to the wheels should make for a very interesting car -- esp considering this car is actually 100 lbs LIGHTER then my Cobra (I was quite surprised at that...), so 400 should be insane.

As for the 4.6L swap, may not happen solely because...of the transmission. Apparently the N and the S are completely different, trying to find out if they're physically the same (ie can swap internals), cause if not, this thread becomes VERY important to me. ;-)

Hope it works out well. How's the difficulty level on the install so far? Any crazy cramped spaces?

-Matt

Members online

No members online now.
Back