Supercharged Ls V8

C'mon people, you know you want a supercharger! People need to take the plunge so we can get enough for an order. Just think how sweet your LS would be if it were supercharged.

One more from what I hear. I'd get it now but I want to buy another engine and do a complete build up first so that it'll push more hp and so that I know it won't blow. My engine is in pretty good shape, the odometer reads 107,000 and it was swapped out under warranty at 35,000 I believe but I don't want to take my chances.

Upgrade your car with LS Superchargers. Easy bolt on modifications that don't require alot of work. Supercharger systems such as the Eram work to easily gain you horsepower without alot of money

The Lincoln LS Superchargers (for "Luxury Sport") is a midsize, rear wheel drive entry-level luxury car from Lincoln. It shares the Ford DEW98 platform with the Jaguar S-Type and Ford Thunderbird. It competes with the BMW 3 Series, Lexus ES, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Acura TL, Infiniti I35 and Cadillac CTS. LS Superchargers versions were originally to be dubbed LS Superchargers6 and LS Superchargers8 depending on engine choice, but those designations were replaced with "LS Superchargers V6" and "LS Superchargers V8", to avoid confusion with Lexus nameplate trademarks. The car is, however, usually referred to as simply the LS Superchargers.
Customize your Lincoln All with our great selection of Performance Parts. Browse through our huge selection of Performance Parts for your All Lincoln.YourHotCar brings you the highest quality selection of Superchargers and Performance Parts. These products are hand picked to make sure they fit your Lincoln LS. We only sell products from the highest quality manufacturers, no knocks offs here. We are your premier store for custom car and auto parts. We hope you will enjoy our selection of after market Superchargers and Performance Parts brought to you by AA ADS AEM Agency Power Airaid AIT Racing All Sales Apex Arospeed Auto Specialties B&M BA BELLON BMW Clutch Masters Cummins custom DC Sports DiabloSport

car zone

:confused: mkay... um.... no

I got all excited thinking we got some takers just to see damn e-ram shiat advertising. Ouch.

it's an 'effeciency' calculation -
25.58 = total air through engine / total air through blower

25.58 = [(atmosphere+boost) X engine displacement X RPM] / [drive ratio x blower displacement X RPM]
25.58 = [(14.7+5.32) x 240 x 6100] / [2.087 x 90 x 6100]
25.58 = 4804.8/187.73
25.58 = 25.58

It's kind of a constant - but assumes a very effiecent engine, which our little 3.9L seems to be.

Here's what I get for a VE on our 3.9L:
VE = [100% x AirFlow in3/ min x 2] / [EngineDisp in3 x RPM 1/min]
VE = [100 x (1814.4 x 386.58) x 2] / [240 x 6100]
VE = 95.82%

make sense?

Ok, thanks! 96% VE is very good, surprisingly good. With the SC you achieve over 100% now right?

I'm throwing my hat in the ring and sort of seeing what's up . . . from talking to Lou, he said he had four commits . . . and I make five, which is the magic number. I hope no one's backing out now . . .

Come on people, two more! JUST TWO MORE!

LOL only two... we waited months to get a ONE to say yes. 2 more is alot. I do understand with the state of the economy and all. I seem to remember lots of people talking about wanting dibs on the kit before they were available though. Of course thats when it was safe to "just talk".

LOL only two... we waited months to get a ONE to say yes. 2 more is alot. I do understand with the state of the economy and all. I seem to remember lots of people talking about wanting dibs on the kit before they were available though. Of course thats when it was safe to "just talk".

RIght?
I would do it if I could get LSD into LS. And if my LS had less than 100k miles and was 2006. I didn't want to spend what my car is worth on just more power parts.
Just got the G8 GXP up to 850 miles and got a chance to finally floor it. All I can say is wow!

RIght?
I would do it if I could get LSD into LS. And if my LS had less than 100k miles and was 2006. I didn't want to spend what my car is worth on just more power parts.
Just got the G8 GXP up to 850 miles and got a chance to finally floor it. All I can say is wow!

yep - this is very normal, everyone wants more power. but money, time and actually digging into a car (that usually is the daily driver) is scary. So no harm no foul, it will come with time - or not. The LLSOC is a non-profit so the is no money opportunity lost or gained.

Enjoy your GXP. Hope the kill of the product line does not leave you hanging.

Hey Quik,
How much have you driven the S/C LS, and how hard?
Also, have you broken anything with this hopped up mill?
Just curious...

good questions.

yes - I have broke many, many things - nothing serious.
They re-classed me - I used to compete in Class E of Street Prepared (ESP) with Cobras (Supercharged Mustangs) when I was stock - as a misc American V8 Sedan. It was crap.

Then when I added a blower..... 'they' complained and I ended up re-classed into Street Modified 2 (SM2). Total joke, since everyone shows up on trailers.

Then SCCA changes SM rules. so I went into Touring Sedan. Bad idea.

In 11 races I have been black flagged 6 times for aggressive driving. I have replace my passenger fender 4 times, bumper twice - nothing serious. I busted the intercooler piping apart 100+ times. the hot oily air makes the silicon couplings fail fast, and a twist of the body, something come unodne.... I NEED to learn to TIG.

So....
I have not broke anything to do with more power from the supercharger. I have put down 408rwhp and an ET of 12.831. At 57,395miles I have had the SC on for nearly 2 1/2 years - or 14000 miles and I'm not the girly driver (6th set of tires and 7th set of brake pads....). The trannie, half shafts, motor, ... all good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back