Supercharged Ls V8

I see, nice. The calcualtions I was thinking about or getting at was not just boost but cfm.

In turbos any turbo can make lets say 10 psi however a bigger more efficient turbo will make more power at 10 psi because of the cfm it moves. I see you were talking about being worried about overdriving the M90. That was making me wonder if I were to take on this kind of thing with my LS I maybe would be better off starting with a M112 off a cobra or something.

sure - Jamie started down that road.

The challenge is with the size of that unit and that the inlet plenum is seperate from the bypass/outlet plenum - you will have to start completely from scratch (very costly $$$) unless you do all your own welding, cutting, ..etc (which I think you do).

the real question is - how much can we stuff into the motor.... all the setups so far I think are more than capible of ending up in pieces - so not sure you need more.

More is always better right? I was planning on all kinds of cutting and welding anyhow so that doesn't bother me. I just want to make sure I have the right main component right off the bat.

sure - the M112 leads you to using an liquid-to-air intercooler - which are the common place on most of the supercharged mustangs. So make sure your manifold design incorporate the intercooler setup.

similar setup - the sc unit (depending on generation) is the same. The sc output is machined into the SC housing to include an internal bypass valve. It's a neat setup - but almost manidates mating to a liquid-to-air intercooler core that sit between the sc and intake manifold (like a roush sc). there is no easy way to route the sc output to external piping for an air-to-air setup.

The liquid-to-air is a great way to go - just costs more to integrate and to setup.

I am kinda partial to the liquid to air setups anyhow. Easier and cleaner to run black -10AN lines threw the engine bay rather than big 3" pipes. I will have to do some more reading and research when the time gets closer.

Speaking of pluming, I just finished up all the pluming on this little 4 banger about a week ago.

YouTube - Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If I have no experience in this field...who can do this for me? Reliably? And how long would my car be out of commission?

probably be better not trying...cause if you can't build it...you can't fix it...so you'll be :q:q:q:qed on your breakdown......

well - if you are not doing it yourself - then the key is to find a shop that:
- you trust
- is willing to take on this type of work, and is will to work with you through the decisions

make sure to have all the pieces - both the kit and all the other pieces in hand before turning the car in - otherwise the project will take much longer and cost much more.

yup yup...still deciding on whether to enlist for the SC kit....i just got plenty more mods I wanna do first :-D

My shop says they can do it...just hope they can fix it too :p I'm not a master of DIY engine repaires....

I'm going to be nose deep doing this but hell, I'm gonig for it anyways. I don't really have all that much experience but I certainly will after! I'm sure this club will help once the ball gets rolling.

That's what I did. The Advance Auto up the street from me is open till mid-night..... so many many nights I ran up there for a some odd-ball piece. By the end of the project - tey just yell 'hi' when I walked in the door (kinda like the neigbourhood pub) as I walked in behind the counter looking for stuff...

OH JEEZ!!!!!!!!!! Pete sweets is going SC... the sidewalks of Seattle (but not really Seattle since he thinks he is sneaky) will never be the same again!

I actually just bought a new place just last week so now I'm just a 2min walk from work and 6 min walk from the gym. So not to much driving will be needed so it is possible to do the SC......but where to use the AWSOME POWER???????????

My 2000 LS is pushing 136,000miles, isnt it about due for the tranny to crap out? Just trying to decide if its even worth investing the 4k...

I would get a new motor&trans first

Gipp I just had my tranny crap out on my 2000 3.9l at 156,000 $3800 at the stealer and then at 162,000 my motor has the left side knock and tick at the back of the engine. It starts and runs a little then dies down and knocks and pings, but at certain rpm's its sounds ok. I drove this car like an 'ol timmer. Mobil 1 oil and all. Anyone know the secret chinese foo fixing method?

My 2000 LS is pushing 136,000miles, isnt it about due for the tranny to crap out? Just trying to decide if its even worth investing the 4k...

Don't know. Mine has 165K miles and still going strong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back