Supercharged Ls V8

nope no reason other than
I had the extra pump on-hand - so this was more of an experiment
I did up the use to a 30amp, the wiring is rated for 40 - so I should be ok.

I pop into the Supercoupe and Lighting forums once in a while - and many of them are running dual pumps - > Saleen, Steeda, Brenspeed - http://www.steeda.com/products/dual_fuel_pump_s197.php

(I know it's a discussion in the modular ford forums you and I belong to)

Since I had one I used it. I also looked at installing it in the other tank - working it into the jet pump - but there was no design I could find where a better jet pump would push more into the engine feed, it simply drained the other tank faster - messing up the balancing.

nope no reason other than
I did up the use to a 30amp, the wiring is rated for 40 - so I should be ok.

Thats cool. I can understand that. I try to reutilize the extra parts I have laying around before purchasing new if I can help it also. Though the wiring is rated to carry the amperage you will be pushing, you will usually see an advantage in the FPDC if you run bigger wire. I know that would require modifying the pump hat plug for thicker wire but it could be worth giving it a try if you run into issues.

I pop into the Supercoupe and Lighting forums once in a while - and many of them are running dual pumps - > Saleen, Steeda, Brenspeed - http://www.steeda.com/products/dual_fuel_pump_s197.php

(I know it's a discussion in the modular ford forums you and I belong to)

Yeah, I remember the Modfords post you are referring to. Most people usually upgrade a few other items while installing dual pumps. FPDM, wiring, and fuel lines. Obviously the FPDM mod will not happen but the other two can. Just an option to pursue that will assist in better flow while lowering FPDC and gaining more effective range with dual pumps. In all the dual pump systems that I have either designed or modified I used 10ga wiring and ran separate circuits for each pump. It did help.

Like the price on that SAE30R10 line??? ;) I remember people asking me in other forums if they had the right part number for that stuff when NAPA was screwing the orders up. They kept on asking me, "How will I know if I am ordering the correct thing?" My reply was, "If you think you got raped on the price then you probably got the right stuff.". After they placed their order they understood what I meant. Hehe.

yep - is nasty expensive. I found another place for it - lightningforceperformance.com - not any cheaper but at least they have it, where NAPA often doesn't.

yep very close. Instruction manual done, part list done.

Waiting on Geoff to 'bless' the instructions and give me the go ahead....

Quik's car is an 01, he has an 00 he's trying to sell.

Glad to see your still making forward progress. I don't recall if I've posted about the burnout vid. Very nice.

Quik's car is an 01, he has an 00 he's trying to sell.

Thanks dave, and Quik for another update, lol I was a little worried all my saving was for nothing :p

I'm sure I may have asked this Quik... Is the kit going to have the option for including the Intake Manifold (I believe I need a custom one?) or am I on my own for that? thanks

Last edited:
Couple of updates:

First - relocated the IAT sensor.
I have been using the stock LS IAT in the stock location up to now. This has not been ideal, since the stock location is right behind the air filter - it has been measuring the temp of the air just as it enters the intake.

In my case, the air comes in, is boosted (roughly additional 18degrees hotter for every 1PSI of boost), then it passes through the air-to-air intercooler and cools down to 'something' before going into the engine. To the PCM has no idea what the 'real' intake temperature is.

I swapped in a standard T-Bird SuperCoupe IAT into the outlet plenum (stock location for the T-Bird SC) and then built a harness to plug into the factory IAT harness. I used my IR laser temperature gun (and ohm meter) to measure the stock LS IAT against the new one - at room temp, in the fridge, out in the sun - and they seemed to be pretty close.....

Second - I added a intercooler sprayer.
took a coolant tank, added a washer pump. Sprays through some hose out through some 'pot misters' from Home Depot. I trigger it through a relay and a push button from a WRX STI. I added a checkvalve to prevent the water from draining since washer pumps rely on gravity to prevent draining.

It's been a record year for number of days over 100 degrees...!

DSCF3814.jpg

DSCF3815.jpg

DSCF3816.jpg

DSCF3817.jpg

DSCF3829.jpg

DSCF3831.jpg

Did you think about using the DEI or NOS Cryo ring?

P.S. My SC will be delivered back from Stiegemeier today!!

yep - looked at them - the thoughts I got back from other folks were that since these basically freeze your IC repeatedly, the rapid temperature change from the 100+ degree Texas days, people end up cracking their IC after a short while.

I am getting pretty good results with my setup. I have the stock LS outside air temp, a temp sensor in the blower output hat, and the IAT sensor post intercooler. It's interesting to see 105 degrees outside, 255+ degrees output on the blower, and 115 degrees at the IAT.

oops - yes sir.

Pro-96 - Austin is one of the few areas that use the Digital Trunking setup - so you gotta go $$$

Hey all,

Been watching this thread over the past few years. Just thought I'd chime in beig I do allot of work with the m90's

I currently have a few m90 equipped 3.8's and a 4.6.

I realize you had some stuff done to the m90 (porting coated rotors perhaps)

Here is what I can tell you.

The best m90 to use is that which is found on the 94-95 sc

The best all around port is the "S" port that magnusun gives you. That consists of the 94-95 square inlet SC with mild inlet and exhaust porting of the blower case. This will give you best performance throughout your rpm range.

If you are looking for ultimate power and boost then a Magnum Powers MPX blower case is what you should be using. You can really OD that blower.

Coating the blower rotors by lets say The High Speed Lab (only ones that I know who do it) or using coated rotors in general does little.

Once you have the blower you plan on using(the oval inlet blowers you REALLY want to stay away from) here is what you should know (and may already)

The factory SC inlet is a rather huge restriction ported or otherwise. Magnum Powers again sells a HUGE inlet. If it can fit this kit I HIGHLY reccomend it. If not I'd reccomend a custom inlet or the factory one made much larger.

Anything in front of the blowers inlet is a restriction be it the TB MAF or intake tube. For instance on both my 4.6 and 3.8 I run 90mm MAFS and 3.5 inch inlets, My 4.6 has a 75mm TB (due to fitment) and my 3.8's all have 85mm TB's.

These blowers create a ton of heat. WIth an LS compression ration I'd reccomend going with a methanol injection setup. Not only will it raise your octane but cut down on the IAT's drastically.

On my 4.6 at 4-6psi I was limited to 319rwhp. NOONE has bested 400rwhp with even the s ported m90 on a worked 4.6. I have however recently modified my setup to use a Magnum powers MPX...ANd hoping to break that barrier.

Unsure how much you are all looking for but at the min Id use the later model 94-95 SC M90 as its much more efficient then earlier models, work on getting everything before the inlet of the SC enlarged and lastly use methanaol injection....Im also unsure just how strong your pistons are. If they are anything liek a factory 4.6 they DONT LIKE BOOST(detonation)

Oh and glad to see it all comming along

Damon

Damon - good to hear form you - I recall seeing you on the SCCoA forum...

yup - that's one of the biggest reason for the design - we literally have more aftermarket options on the blower (and related pieces) than we have on the rest of the car!!

from Gen1 to the Gen2 SC T-Bird OE blowers, to the S-port and full on MP-series, pulley options, coating, inter-cooling (chemical, air-to-air, liquid-to-air), ...we have lots of options.

You hit it on the head - now one yet knows where the limit is.... so as soon as someone can safely shove 9PSI into it - we can really open it up ;)

Our little 3.9L is very effecient - so we make lower boost at the same rpm than was on the T-Bird.... making all the points you mentioned more important. Now that we have a setup running fairly strong, we can start swapping components to really maximize the flow.

Hey Quik... you never said if there will be a Gen II kit available.

I've thought long an hard about building a centrifugal set-up (if I could shoe-horn one in). But, I don't have the time, facilities or money to R&D a centrifugal blower (I can visualize some expensive mistakes along the way where things have to be redone at considerable cost to myself since I don't have fabrication facilities). In the long run, I think your kit would work well for me... IF you offer it for the Gen II's.

Offer it for the Gen II's, and I'll buy another LS when I get back in 2010 from my upcoming trip!

yes - all the custom pieces will fit Gen1 or Gen2.

The differences are:
- smaller belt - since the Gen2 doesn't have the fan pump and a smaller water pump pulley
- the intake is setup to come in where the Gen1 is - so can a Gen2 us the Gen1 intake (simply a fitment issue, and then wiring lengths for MAF, IAT)
- the Gen2 uses a throttle-by-wire setup, the kit is using the T-Bird supercoupe throttlebody. So we will have to make an adapter to mate the LS throttlebody to the SC inlet plenum

I think that's it - not really that much different but I'll need someone to work out the kinks. I have a few offers from people - who will get a discount on the kit price sine they are 'developing' it with me.

awesome!!!! Hopefully it will be all done and on sale when I'm ready to buy one come May-June 2010! :-D

Hey Good luck. Very interested to see whats up with all of this as we have a project LSE in the works that is currenly NA with a nitrous tune and something like this may be right up the alley

So Quick is your supercharger kit for sale yet. I recently stumbled upon this site and read all the posts last night and I was curious if it is ready to be relaesed yet? I have a 2005 LS V8 and am extremley interested in the kit.

click the link. look at the big advertisement on the page, stating that the supercharger kits are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase.

Tempted to SC the LS, what else?

I see.
I'm tempted to trade mine in as it is too old to spend $ to maintain it.
Yet still no info on power gain, power at ? PSI boost, 0-60, quarter mile time. Just info that you need 4 friends to buy it with you to actually get one.
I thought it was not cool to post LLSOC stuff here as they are a paid site.

Members online

No members online now.
Back