Supercharged Ls V8

damn QuickLS thats a bad ls bro i loved that burnout and admire all that effort and hard work. you still coming out with that kit i was reading about? id love to buy one just to show off lol

Still talking with Geoff - he just moved his shop so needs a little time to settle in.

Any 1/4 mile slips to post. You made a post a while back that sounded like you did kinda.

I know the traction is got to be limited but still would like to see how she moved down a 1320.

Yep - need a little more practice and I'll post up some. The launch is still 'tricky'

Yep - need a little more practice and I'll post up some. The launch is still 'tricky'

Can you run and post times of "race" 9+ PSI of boost or whatever setup AND "safe for everyday - X PSI" of boost setup?

I have a kenne bell 2.6 on my 04 cobra. I never thought about doing a blower on my ls, but now this is making me think.

Hey quick, really nice car man. I just bought a 00 LS 8 with the SST this past November. Was trying to find parts for it and had no luck until I stumbled on this forum! Thank god... I’m new to the LS but pretty decent and modifying cars. I have a 95 eclipse gsx that makes over 700whp with a Turbonetics T66.

I've been reading through this long thread and love your car. You must let me know if you end up releasing this kit because I will buy it guaranteed! I was just curious on a few things. These cars definitely need a LSD for the rear end and some type of shift kit for the SST. Are those available?? I couldn’t really find any info on them.

Here’s my race car, check it out... I took all the stickers off now though. Cops were starting to annoy me haha.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14413425

Now I'm gonna have to go home and change pants before class. Sweet vid.

Lou, it has been a very VERY long time since I've spoken to you, but I just wanted to drop in and say hello. It looks as though things have finally come together on this project and I can't tell you how happy I am for you and the rest of the LS community!

I don't even know if I have ever posted here before, but some of you might remember me from LLSOC. I sold my LS to my parents a couple of years ago, and they are still driving it around. I continue to drool when I see it sitting in their garage, but it no longer has the 125 shot of nitrous or the SCT tune, so it's much tamer now than it was when I was behind the wheel.

I have since purchased a 2005 Audi S4 (sold in January of last year), a 1997 Defender 90, and a 1987 Buick Grand National. I posted pics of the GN on LLSOC, but here are some updated pics. Again Lou, it's really great to see that you still have the car and it has turned into everything we always dreamed it would! Hope you are doing well!:)

Audi.jpg

Defender.jpg

BuickandDefenderPics006.jpg

(9,367 original miles!)

And the plans for the GN are?????? ;)

It's mostly done.

I replaced the turbo, torque converter, transmission, intercooler, fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, radiator, wastegate, and so on and so forth.

Everything visible without popping the hood is still 100% factory original though. Thanks for asking.

good to hear from you.

awesome - that is one of the cars I have always loved. Have you been able to put your foot in it?

Not sure if you've seen the threads - but I also bought another one of my favorite 80's cars - > http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=321

Yes, I saw the Lotus, and that is sweeet!

I have certainly been able to put my foot into the Buick. I've had it for nearly two years now, but I've only put about 40 miles on it this year. I took it to the track in Clarksville, TN last year and it ran 8.10 on the only pass with no spin on the launch. That was on 16 pounds of boost. It typically runs 18 psi which will be good for 7.90's or so, and at 20 it should be down around 7.60's. It's still very much a street car, so I'm happy with low to mid 11's in the quarter.

Have you gotten the LS down a track yet? That thing should run like a dream!:)

Still keeping it beautiful I see. I've got the '05 calendar here in front of me and things haven't changed much, which is great!

Quik... Re-reading through the thread here... I'm kind of curious what happened to the prospects of selling this as a kit?

still good, in fact we exchange parts lists last weekend. Geoff moved his shop over the last few months but is up and going now.

I am hoping to have something more formaing in about a month.

The issue will be - this will not be a simple afternoon bolt-on. It is a DIYer, but certainly you will have to work through some things - like making hoses, ...etc.

The positive is - it should have alot of options to piece and part. For example - with or without SC, with or without injectors, ...etc

I'll post up once we are there - hoping in September.

I havent posted in a LONG time but I remember back in 05 when this all started! All I have to say is that is Nucking Futs, nice work indeed!

I havent posted in a LONG time but I remember back in 05 when this all started! All I have to say is that is Nucking Futs, nice work indeed!

Yeah, it is!
By now my LS is falling apart. :(
Guys super- and turbo charged 08 Pontiac G8 GT long time ago and it was sold since March 08 or so. :confused:

Haven't posted in a while....

Here are a couple of pics of recent upgrades...

new injectors, dual fuel pumps. I am using two LS pumps, connected with J30R10 hose (it can be submerged in the tank) and a stainless steel wye. I had the extra pump on-hand - so this was more of an experiment.

I installed both pumps into the same resevior - to keep fuel around them (for both cooling ther pumps and keeps the pickups in gas while turning).

570.jpg

575.jpg

580.jpg

590.jpg

595.jpg

Nice work Lou.

Any reason you didn't go with a single Ford GT supercar pump? It would have supported the power you are making with ease. Those dual pumps are going to draw a good bit of amperage and I would be hesitant about running duals without at least some sort of wiring upgrade. I would also suggest drilling a few 1/4"-3/8" holes along the bottom/side of the plastic pump basket so that when the pumps are running at full speed they don't suck the basket dry and cause cavitation and potential fuel surge.

Please don't take it like I am critiquing the job you did, just offering a tip or two.

Members online

No members online now.
Back