Supercharged Ls V8

Lou,

How much work was it to cut that damn hole in your hood? Thinking it might be a good idea for my intake ;)

Lou,

How much work was it to cut that damn hole in your hood? Thinking it might be a good idea for my intake ;)

It's not a big deal - just a little tricky since the hood is 3-ply. There is the top layer, and then the bottom and middle layers are 'formed' to add strength. So often when you cut - you go through the top layer no problem, but then to reach the next layer in can be right next or 2inches away, so you have to really work at getting the vertical line straight. I just used a dremel with a carbon fiber cutting wheel.

It's not a big deal - just a little tricky since the hood is 3-ply. There is the top layer, and then the bottom and middle layers are 'formed' to add strength. So often when you cut - you go through the top layer no problem, but then to reach the next layer in can be right next or 2inches away, so you have to really work at getting the vertical line straight. I just used a dremel with a carbon fiber cutting wheel.

Next time you have garage day, I think I will swing up so we can do that :)

You tell me the parts and I will bring them. hahahaha

noone is amused by the attempts at starting a flame war. try to keep this thread to useful posts.

don't worry about it - he's on my ignore list - so I didn't even see his poor attempts at raising his self image until you requoted it. I have teased him about the turbo in the engine bay pic, the N2O in the signature but not in the car, ....etc - so I understand if he is not a fan.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=57912 (post #16 speaks loudly)

Sorry, missed this.
We did to do them in batches of five to keep the pricing - and we never seem to get all five people to commit at a time... so no, I'm srill the only one.

As far as manifold design - it is an open design - trying to allow for as much free flow to all the ports as possible.

Hey Quik do you have any recent videos of your LS in action & are you guys still making the SC kit for the LS? I would love to see your car in action I'm tired of going on youtube & the only new videos are places selling an LS...

THX!

seriously? one of the most respected members on the site whos posted infinite resources of in depth technical information who's been on here helping people with everything for years with list of awards for the car a mile long and now you're gonna pop in and call bull? because he hasn't put enough videos on the internet for you to view? please. noone is amused by the attempts at starting a flame war. try to keep this thread to useful posts.

Joking/sarcasm, calm down chief.

I have not broke anything to do with more power from the supercharger. I have put down 408rwhp and an ET of 12.831.

@ 408RWHP and a sturdy LSD you must have been having immensely troublesome traction problems or running at a less than decent DA

at the LS's gear ratio, both tires working, the given curb weight, and the low end torque and power from the M90 that garuntees sufficient power before peak is made... I'm highly surprised at your 12.8

I'm thinking your car is capable of low 12's as it sits with a good 60ft and good DA.... but that is just me

that being said a large stall and some bigger meats that read "MICKEY" will net you 11's all day at those power levels.... JIMO

also... 1,000WHP is all well and fine to have, but I've seen more than a few of those big power cars pull times a lightly modded SRT4 could, a real car puts all of it's power down from a stop... but then again, that's an opinion as well... just never was a fan of the people that strive to make huge power in their terminator or supra and then run 12.5 @ 154MPH

Quick LS: How about bringing the LS out to Cars and Coffee this weekend to show it to those of us who have never seen it? I'd sure like to look it over in detail...

I can't this weekend - we're out of town. I should be at the next one - but since it's sponsored by the Austin Lotus dealer, I show up in the Esprit....

The Austin folks try to get together a couple times a year - we could try pulling either another garage day or just a meet-up.

here's a pic from the Mar event
image_url-3844-1270477182.jpg

I saw the Esprit and figured it was you. We are also looking for an Esprit.

But I was hoping to see the LS in person... maybe next month?

P.S. - how's the Esprit's timing belt? Saw an episode of Wheeler Dealers the other day where they changed one... yikes!

I do all my own work - so I wrote a tech article on the timing belt swap.... one of the first things I did when I bought the car...

the things I've upgrade or replaced on it - staggering.... but that what you have to love about the Lotus experience - or have a huge, deep, wide pocket book.

I do all my own work - so I wrote a tech article on the timing belt swap.... one of the first things I did when I bought the car...

the things I've upgrade or replaced on it - staggering.... but that what you have to love about the Lotus experience - or have a huge, deep, wide pocket book.

That's what I've read.

In the Wheeler Dealer episode (great show from the U.K. on DiscoveryHD) they pulled the engine to get to the timing belt. Discouraging at first, but looked at as "glass half full", fun.

yeah - that show is TV - good but still TV.

You do have to get comfortable with having a flashlight in your mouth, a mirror laying at the right angle, and laying on your back with a leg over the transmission and head between the firewall and vacuum pump...

it's called the Lotus position - Sting made it sound sexual, I'm in my garage at 2am...

Folks: somebody needs to build one of these. This is the 2003 Supercharged Thunderbird Concept, which debuted at the 2003 Los Angeles show. It was planned to be built, but disappeared when little Billy Ford condemned all things Jacques Nasser and put an end to LS and Thunderbird development. Jacques drove one of these around for his official ride, and took one with him when he left.
Factory: 390 HP, 390 torque. Now you can build one too, thanks to Quik LS.
SCTbirdConcept03_HR.jpg

SCTbirdConcept15_HR.jpg

SCTbirdConcept16_HR.jpg

Here are more pictures, plus the press release: http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec-blog/?p=7383

That's one thing the LS could use - better appearance under the hood. I'd like to see somebody ditch the cover, paint the intake silver (aluminum-look), and the valve covers red. It doesn't need (and shouldn't get) any chrome, it should be understated like the car but draw interest to the engine.

That's one thing the LS could use - better appearance under the hood. I'd like to see somebody ditch the cover, paint the intake silver (aluminum-look), and the valve covers red. It doesn't need (and shouldn't get) any chrome, it should be understated like the car but draw interest to the engine.

pektel ditched the covers, not by choice lol but his exposed coils look nice, they are yellow, which brings alittle color under the hood, i agree with you about it being too plain and how it could look like more of a system under there with alitte color, sounds like fun

Hello, I have an 02 lsv8 and I'm looking to put an SC on it. pls tell me everything I need to buy.. your forums helped but the links are bad pls help

Hello, I have an 02 lsv8 and I'm looking to put an SC on it. pls tell me everything I need to buy.. your forums helped but the links are bad pls help

You can use Quik's list from his interview as a starting point, but there's a lot of custom work

Driveline:
• Prototype Supercharger from Boosthead.com. Eaton M90 Supercharger, customer manifold, belt routing, cooling system re-work, …etc
• XO2 Intercooler (7”x27”3.5”) with hand-made 3" tube routing
• Ford Racing 39lbs 'Blue' fuel injectors
• Dual fuel pumps
• Magnum Powers 85mm Throttle Body
• SCT (Super Custom Tuners) XCalibrator PCM tuning - Custom shift points / Shift firmness
• SCT (Super Custom Tuners) LiveWire - with integrated LC1 Wideband and MAP external inputs
• Built-in Innovate MotorSports LC-1 Lambda wide-band O2 Sensor
• Granatelli Cold-Air Tuned MAF
• LLSOC custom intake induction
• Green high-flow oiled air filter
• Porsche 944 turbo hood scoop vent
• Hand-made cold induction / ram air
• BMW M3 Paddle Shifts - shift lever set ‘wide’ SMG - larger paddles
• Hand-made shift relay circuit
• SST Shifter
• Dual JDM Sport oil catch cans
• DB Electrical - 200amp high output alternator
• Custom Exhaust - Flowmaster Super 40 Mufflers, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Magnaflow dual double-rolled tips, Custom mandrel bent exhaust piping

Interior:
• Autometer - C2 7163 fuel pressure gauge / C2 7175 air/fuel mixture gauge / C2 7159 boost/vacuum gauge
• Custom LLSOC A-Pillar dual gauge mount
• Pedal set - Ichibaahn ‘brushed’
• 4 sensor Backup Alert System
• Keyless entry door keypad
• LLSOC White Face Gauge Kit
• G-Tech Pro Performance Meter
• X50 Passport 8500 Radar Detector
• WoodTrim Paneling

pls tell me everything I need to buy..

honestly, you're in for a world of disappointment... with this, there is very little to buy, everything has to be custom made. since you are asking what needs to be bought, I'm gonna assume that you're not capable of fabricating all of this stuff. if that is the case, your best bet is to go and find a speed shop near you and ask them what they are going to charge you for it all (its not going to be cheap...) then you're going to run in to the problem that a lot of the boosted guys ran into... blowing up the motor because it can't handle much boost. quicks relatively low amount of boost that the M90 created was probably his motors one saving point. (I'm not saying that his system wasn't awesome or well designed, because it was, and most likely why he didn't pop his motor)

honestly, you're in for a world of disappointment... with this, there is very little to buy, everything has to be custom made. since you are asking what needs to be bought, I'm gonna assume that you're not capable of fabricating all of this stuff. if that is the case, your best bet is to go and find a speed shop near you and ask them what they are going to charge you for it all (its not going to be cheap...) then you're going to run in to the problem that a lot of the boosted guys ran into... blowing up the motor because it can't handle much boost. quicks relatively low amount of boost that the M90 created was probably his motors one saving point. (I'm not saying that his system wasn't awesome or well designed, because it was, and most likely why he didn't pop his motor)

I think ILLS said 8psi was the max you could do (at least with his turbo). But yes, wanting to boost, engine swap, or install Jag S-T R engine parts on an LS leads to disappointment in almost all cases. I just figured I'd at least give the guy an idea of what Lou put into it.

We all have dreams and ideas. Fulfilling them takes various amounts of time, money, and sacrifices. Alax has had engine problems. Quik probably dumped more money. The Chevy LSx LS guy gave up proper HVAC and stock gauges and control systems.

Almost 10 years after the last LS was produced, it just makes more sense to get a different car.

QUESTION: How does boost affect vacuum-operated components on the LS? I've been wondering if turbo NA Miatas have their headlights dip down at high RPM...

...QUESTION: How does boost affect vacuum-operated components on the LS? I've been wondering if turbo NA Miatas have their headlights dip down at high RPM...

Usually, there is a vacuum accumulator (plastic sphere) and a check valve for vacuum operated accessories. That way, they don't respond to temporary loss of vacuum. Even on a non-boosted car, vacuum falls to almost nothing at WOT.

Members online

No members online now.
Back