Supercharged Ls V8

photo shoot went well yesterday - rain today so no vids, did brakes on a SporTrac in the rain ....

first pic - photoshoot - second pic - today in the rain

DSCF5521.jpg

CIMG0048.jpg

Last edited:
this isn't the shot that made the calendar (too blury) but a nice shot for my desktop.

IMG_3000-rev4.jpg

I run a T2 Torsen LSD from Renieer Racing - they race '99 Cobra's.

Can't really explain why the driver's side track didn't show up well in that pic - but they both turn.

The Torsen is clutch-less - with a 3:1 multiplier. You can order it with a pre-load - I didn't.

so whats the count on the blowers im still saving waiting for a few people to roll through the doors first as i hate to wait for others

Hey Quik whens the last time this car saw the light of day?? Oh and dyno video/graph and time slip or BS. Yes thats right, Im calling you a poser. :p

It's my daily driver - Lotus is for sunny Fridays/weekends - so it sees the 'light of day' daily.

True - I haven't been to the strip for two years - most people know I spend my time on road courses and autocrossing - not strip. Even as I hit mid-12's I was at the slow side of the pack, many many cars are running 1000+hp here - it's just not that exciting for me to be a fast slow car.

I've posted all my numbers, my ups and downs through the project - which is years ago now....

I get you are still pissed at me for calling you out about pretending to have N2O... I'm sure you'll get it installed one day :rolleyes:

Austin has a couple of really cool courses - it's an expesive hobby - 3 1/2 hours throwing a 2 tonne car around corners results in ...

17226504.jpg

Last edited:
Big Red X for me :(

I'm just gonna assume its some tore up rear tires, due to rediculous unadjustable rear camber...

Did the "package" get into production? I'm thinking about working construction this summer and if I do, I will pay off the LS and (if I can get this kit) supercharge the LS. Quik, is your intake an open design or does it have rudders to each cylinder?

Sorry, missed this.
We did to do them in batches of five to keep the pricing - and we never seem to get all five people to commit at a time... so no, I'm srill the only one.

As far as manifold design - it is an open design - trying to allow for as much free flow to all the ports as possible.

Hey Lou quik question (you like that?)

any luck with turbo/supercharger for the V6? Any ideas?

Hey Lou quik question (you like that?)

any luck with turbo/supercharger for the V6? Any ideas?

They havent even sold any of the S/C kits for the V8 so Im gonna say they arent gonna waste time developing something for the V6

here's the thread on the 'belt driven turbo' they were doing for hte V6 - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=38271

He has not returned any of my e-mail for months - so I'm assuming the project's dead. They ran into some fit issues that were hard for him to work through remotely, and the plan was to bring the car to BoostHead for work.

Question for whomever knows....

My 02 V6 lincoln LSe has a Duratec 3.0L also known as Duratec 30. This engine is also used in the Jag S-Type, Mazda MPV, Mazda 6, Mondeo ST220.

Now I have found kits for the Mazda 6 could I put this turbo on the LS?

You may be able to but the limited engine compartment space may make things difficult or unable to install.. The piping is almost guaranteed not to fit. Universal kits are just what the name implies, universal.. You would also have to check out on upgrading your injectors and tuning the PCM..

Check out XxbmxlsxX's progress.. He is putting a turbo were the mufflers should be. I believe the name of the thread is 'trying something different'..

EDIT:
Plus the Mazda 6 is front wheel drive turning the engine around and putting the exhaust manifolds toward the front of the car. Thus, making more room for the turbo.. Hope this helps..

good questions.

yes - I have broke many, many things - nothing serious.
They re-classed me - I used to compete in Class E of Street Prepared (ESP) with Cobras (Supercharged Mustangs) when I was stock - as a misc American V8 Sedan. It was crap.

Then when I added a blower..... 'they' complained and I ended up re-classed into Street Modified 2 (SM2). Total joke, since everyone shows up on trailers.

Then SCCA changes SM rules. so I went into Touring Sedan. Bad idea.

In 11 races I have been black flagged 6 times for aggressive driving. I have replace my passenger fender 4 times, bumper twice - nothing serious. I busted the intercooler piping apart 100+ times. the hot oily air makes the silicon couplings fail fast, and a twist of the body, something come unodne.... I NEED to learn to TIG.

So....
I have not broke anything to do with more power from the supercharger. I have put down 408rwhp and an ET of 12.831. At 57,395miles I have had the SC on for nearly 2 1/2 years - or 14000 miles and I'm not the girly driver (6th set of tires and 7th set of brake pads....). The trannie, half shafts, motor, ... all good.

i'm gonna sleep well tonight

Blah blah blah, still no proof on this site.
seriously? one of the most respected members on the site whos posted infinite resources of in depth technical information who's been on here helping people with everything for years with list of awards for the car a mile long and now you're gonna pop in and call bull? because he hasn't put enough videos on the internet for you to view? please. noone is amused by the attempts at starting a flame war. try to keep this thread to useful posts.

Members online

Back