Project X

I think your car looks great. Kudos to you for all the hard work that goes in to making a custom hood. I'd like to see a shot of the hood standing in front of the car looking down, and also from the rear of the car looking at the spoiler. Nice color too. Makes the terminator front bumper and headlights stand out.

just before the sun came up. Took the pictures with my tablet, I'll have to get the good camera out and find a good background.
I got to see your car up close and personal yesterday. She looks real good! I love the LED taillights and the sequential lights. well done! Nice meeting you!

Nice meeting you Green Machine, its always good to put a face with a name and see other Marks on the road.
Thank you for the kind words also.
J

Front plate mount

I realized I never posted pictures of my front plate mount.
I hate that mn requires a front plate and didn't want to drill holes in the bumper to mount it.
I mounted rare earth magnets to the backside of the bumper and made a plate to fit the front to hold the plate. The same magnets line up and hold the unit in place.
Each magnet has 40lbs of pull and I coated them in plastic dip to protect the finish.

20130227_081416.jpg

20130227_081503.jpg

20130227_081546.jpg

20130227_081622.jpg

Just curios because I'm thinking of making a hood using the cobra hood like u did but did u have to raise it because of clearance issues

Never mind I didn't realize u made that hood from scratch your car looks awesome by the way wish I had the patience to do all that

Never mind I didn't realize u made that hood from scratch your car looks awesome by the way wish I had the patience to do all that

The hood was a long process, it looks mean. If I were to do it again I would round the edges a little more. I also recently found a company that makes fiberglass cowl scoops long enough for our hoods that would make a normal cowl hood pretty easy.

The hood was a long process, it looks mean. If I were to do it again I would round the edges a little more. I also recently found a company that makes fiberglass cowl scoops long enough for our hoods that would make a normal cowl hood pretty easy.

and why are you telling us about it and not sharing the link? thats just mean

and why are you telling us about it and not sharing the link? thats just mean

That's like showing up underneath a bridge & yelling out to the homeless; "I know a place where you can get food & shelter very easily... Bye!"

Any cowl or standard scoop can be trimmed height wise as well as length. Making one taller isn't so bad, making one longer is a pita.
This place has some nice scoops, I don't believe they have a cowl long enough for our hood but I do see a few that would make a nice combo scoop.
http://www.racecomposites.com/scoops.htm

Most of these are plenty long and require a trim height wise. The one at the bottom of the page is probably close to perfect.
3inch Raised Z Scoop.57Lx25Wx3-1/4H.
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/cowlscoops.htm

spoonfeed.jpg

What type of padding did you use for the drivers seat? I'm looking into building mine back up as they're getting a wee bit uncomfortable.

Had a few free hours last weekend, molded in a dual gauge pod and repainted the a-pillar with interior dye to match.
Loaded it with my dual gauge aeroforce set.
Here are some pics. I took a few while it was still wet when it was outside, ended up being a perfect match with the rest of the trim.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome. those are sweet gauges. a lot of info off the OBDII.

Menards cabinets?

Funny I have the same.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Those are menards cabinets, gotta have someplace to put all the stuff..lol
The motor is coming along, down to the last few pieces to complete the puzzle.
If I had to do it all over again I can tell you I would not build a 4v.
Stand alone fuel injection with a 351 bored and stroked with a 6 speed or a FE motor with a 6 speed. Probably could have got there for half the price.
If someone want solid 4v power and almost a direct swap the termi set up is the way to go.
I may change my tune once everything is in the car but for now that's my story, I may have also gone a little overboard on the buying the "good stuff" too.

If you Get burned enough times you tend to buy only good stuff.
It is not cheap to pull off a all out 4v build.
I think it will be worth it in the long run over a hot push rod engine.

But I didnt pay for it. :rolleyes:

My brother has a 351 Winsor in Fairlane and we have been to the drag strip together 3 times and my Mark has beat him every time. Granted you can build a 351 wilder than his but its built pretty good and my Marks engine is stock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back