Project X

My brother has a 351 Winsor in Fairlane and we have been to the drag strip together 3 times and my Mark has beat him every time. Granted you can build a 351 wilder than his but its built pretty good and my Marks engine is stock.

Lol.. Stock with a little help..
I hear ya Don. I think as the build on the motor has come to the last few pieces as alway the excitement start to build to get it done, at the same time you run that tally in your head of the cost.. Then the what if's start to creep up on you.
I figure if I grenade the thing it will at least be a good show.

I got a 4cyl flat head that I’m rebuilding this winter but you probably have more into the cams then my whole build.

If you need someone to hand you tools let me know, would love to learn a thing or two.

Thanks Eric, Kirk (ford nut) has also offered to help when it comes time for the swap.

A few pics I took today. I wanted to get out and get a few for the calendar this year but I'm time poor preping for the holidays at work... yup I said holidays. Gotta love retail.

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

new screen saver pic and 97markJa empty your pm message box....lol

As you can see in the pictures the leaves on the trees are already starting to change here in MN. Pretty soon she'll go in for a long winter nap.

I couldn't live with myself knowing I couldn't drive my toys for 4-5 months in the year. It would kill me. Some ppl down here take that for granted!

Believe me Alex, if I could move I would. The only thing stopping me is the right job. I've looked for a job elsewhere within the company I work for, need to find the right job at the right time in the right place. Unfortunately it looks like it may be easier to go someplace new to find what I want, I'm thankful to have a good job and can live with the weather.
Currently the only prospect I have in a warmer climate is Singapore through a head hunting firm that contacted me...lol
Can't say I'd take the Mark with me there either but in the end I don't think they can pay me what it would take to go to Singapore anyway.
As you can tell I'm really looking forward to another 6 months in a ice box, the plus side is I usually get quite a bit done on the car or inside of the house during that time period.

Oddly enough I think there are more classic cars up here in the north then down in the south. When I was living in FL I had a hard time finding good cruise spots and weekly car shows. I guess people here are stuck in there garages with nothing better to do then build small blocks.

As mush as I hate the salt and cold this is a beautiful state to live in during the short summers.

Now back to more car pictures!

Believe me Alex, if I could move I would. The only thing stopping me is the right job. I've looked for a job elsewhere within the company I work for, need to find the right job at the right time in the right place. Unfortunately it looks like it may be easier to go someplace new to find what I want, I'm thankful to have a good job and can live with the weather.
Currently the only prospect I have in a warmer climate is Singapore through a head hunting firm that contacted me...lol
Can't say I'd take the Mark with me there either but in the end I don't think they can pay me what it would take to go to Singapore anyway.
As you can tell I'm really looking forward to another 6 months in a ice box, the plus side is I usually get quite a bit done on the car or inside of the house during that time period.

Yeah Fl doesn't have the best percentage when it comes to jobs. Especially down here in Miami. My father is currently on a road trip on vacation. He went through GA, N. Carolina & he's now in Tenn. He takes that trip once every couple years & he says there's so much more employment up there. I haven't seen a "NOW HIRING" sign down here in years.

Oddly enough I think there are more classic cars up here in the north then down in the south. When I was living in FL I had a hard time finding good cruise spots and weekly car shows. I guess people here are stuck in there garages with nothing better to do then build small blocks.

As mush as I hate the salt and cold this is a beautiful state to live in during the short summers.

Now back to more car pictures!

You're on the ball but not quite there. There are indeed many ppl that love to work on their cars down here however statistically Florida is a pretty new state compared to many states up North where there's history. People pass away & classics/antiques are passed on to their loved ones up North. Also, there are so many seniors here that used to live up North & they too had gorgeous cars up North but also passed them on to their loved ones before moving to Florida. Some may have brought them down here but they have all their cars in the garages & they don't take them to car shows. It's not until they decide to sell them to a younger audience that we come across these gorgeous cars. Lastly there are those seniors that purchased the car as soon as they moved down here & kept it in their garage driving it very little each year. Hence those Lincoln Town Cars, Mark VIII's, Cadillac ElDorado's, Mercury Marqui's, etc... with SUPER low mileage. I'm going on 4 Mark VIII's that I purchased from seniors. They're truly the best ones!

I have to agree with Ultimate about the way you have approached the build. All basics - check. Great foundation for your modifications. You have a great eye for detail and pay attention to it. This will be a car to rely on for virtually anything you want it to do. Nice work. Your pride is on display. Just one question - how will that high compression work with the air pumper?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Ultimate about the way you have approached the build. All basics - check. Great foundation for your modifications. You have a great eye for detail and pay attention to it. This will be a car to rely on for virtually anything you want it to do. Nice work. Your pride is on display. Just one question - how will that high compression work with the air pumper?

Thanks.
The compression will be great!!.. Lol
I'll be running e85 so no issues at all. I'll have a second tune for premium that will pull timing to safely run the same boost.
I think in the end It will be a monster, its just a question of how much do I want to break. If it gets traction it will surely find the weakest link.

Thanks.
The compression will be great!!.. Lol
I'll be running e85 so no issues at all. I'll have a second tune for premium that will pull timing to safely run the same boost.
I think in the end It will be a monster, its just a question of how much do I want to break. If it gets traction it will surely find the weakest link.

Steet tires....the best fuse for your IRS lol

Steet tires....the best fuse for your IRS lol

No doubt Alan.

This car looks great man. Awesome infact.

VERY nice. This turned out awesome!

Thanks guys, and I think you're right. It would be the best if the tires are the fuse, the auto will be more forgiving than a stick would be. I'm a little nervous with the half shafts but $1500 for a set of upgrades is a little much, going to a live axle would be cheaper.... At that point I might as well buy a mustang. Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back