Project X

Ohhhhhh....Myyyyyyyy........GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

I'm speechless. I absolutely love it. If I saw that front end coming behind me in the rear view mirror I'd sh!t my pants!!! :D

What's the color code on your door? I'd love to paint my car in a darker version of your color.

The paint code is TT. They had 3 vairiants of that code; one that was more blue, one more green, and a darker version. Mine is the dark version with a mid coat of gun metal pearl. With the mid coat it looks gun metal in the sunlight, in the shadows or when the sun goes down its dark pewter.

Door panels turned out great, they look like new again. I'll get all the pics up soon.
Great meeting you the other day.
Eric had a chance to see the car in person last week.

Good deal. Your interior should be in a museum it’s so perfect, I felt I should have been wearing a tyvex suite just to sit in it. :D

Seriously though great job on that and the rest of the car. You have allot more time into that then you lead on too. Good to meet you too, I'll have to pick your brain when I start to dive in to mine.

Good deal. Your interior should be in a museum it’s so perfect, I felt I should have been wearing a tyvex suite just to sit in it. :D

Seriously though great job on that and the rest of the car. You have allot more time into that then you lead on too. Good to meet you too, I'll have to pick your brain when I start to dive in to mine.

Thanks Eric, Tyvex suit.. that's funny. You should have seen the guys at the shop when I went to get the alignment done. The guy walked out with a floor mat, opened the door.. shut it and went back for latex gloves and a drop cloth to put over the seat. Some guys would just jump right, its nice to see when people take their time and respect your things.

I'll post more pics later. Got the alignment done yesterday.. and of course it rained yesterday and today..

WOW! That bumper and color with the smoked headlights and blacked out grill look really really good together. Not sure but I think maybe I would like the basic cowl hood better.

IMAG0088.jpg

WOW! That bumper and color with the smoked headlights and blacked out grill look really really good together. Not sure but I think maybe I would like the basic cowl hood better.

Thanks Don, the hood is actually functional too.
The heat extractor vent are open just behind the radiator and the cowl vent runs the length of hood down the center to just forward of the alternator. When I install the SC instead of running the intake out the passenger side I'll run it to the center and pick up the cold air from the cowl. That's the plan anyway.
The headlights are clear but with the housings painted flat black inside it makes them look blacked out, I almost painted the housing the same color as the body.. glad I didn't now.

I ended up putting your picture on my facebook. Got a die hard bow tie friend of mine kind'a pissed. He called your car a Mustang Cobra's retarded abortion or something like that. I think the color combo is PERFECT with the pewter/black grill & lenses.

He didn't like the hood at all, I'm nto a fan either but I know how to appreciate good work. The bumper cover I've never been fond of but us Mark owners have no other choice if we wanted another look other than OEM. If I had the money I'd buy it too.

Please post more pictures of the car. Especially the rear all nice & lit up. I'm dieing to see what it looks like.

Lastly, please post the selling price. Every man's vehicle has a price. If I was to win a nice lump of cash (in my dreams) how much would it take to buy it? lol

everything is ****ing awsome about this car except for the ugly hood...i dont like it...you should of done something like the 94-98 Cobra hoods.

everything is ****ing awsome about this car except for the ugly hood...i dont like it...you should of done something like the 94-98 Cobra hoods.

Wow....

You don't have to like it, but don't insult his work by telling him it's ugly. Have some respect man.

You "should of" done something different with YOUR car.

He (not you) should (and can) do whatever the hell he (again, not you) wants to do with his (not your) car.

98linc dont take it personal dude its not your car man. Plus I did mention that the car is beyond awsome. I also see the the hard work and dedication that he put into it. Its ****ing incredible theres no words that I can say that can describe how insane this car looks. But I dont like the hood I think its ugly...it doesnt go with the rest of the car. Its just my opinion I think its too square and bulky it doesnt go with the wavy lines of the Mark VIII. ITS JUST MY OPINION dude dont take it to the heart. Plus who gives a **** what my opinion is he's the one thats got to be content with his work not your nor me.

Tell me about something that you put a TON of work into lately.

How would you feel if I told you it was ugly, or stupid, or that you did a horrible job?

Just because you complimented one part of the car, doesn't make it less disrespectful when you 'dis' another part.

It all boils down to respect.

That's badass man..I really like the 03-04 cobra extractors on the hood, just not.really a fan of the cowl portion towards the back..looks too sharp and squared for the gen 2..but hey just my opinion, if you're happy that's all that counts..overall really awsome work..love the headlights and custom neon err LED center light...are those staggered 17" bullitts in the front and 18"s in the rear? or all 17s?

in no way am i being disrespectful its just an opinion....we are still in a free country and we still do have freedom of speech...its in our constitution.

That's badass man..I really like the 03-04 cobra extractors on the hood, just not.really a fan of the cowl portion towards the back..looks too sharp and squared for the gen 2..but hey just my opinion, if you're happy that's all that counts..overall really awsome work..love the headlights and custom neon err LED center light...are those staggered 17" bullitts in the front and 18"s in the rear? or all 17s?

Those are 18" bullitts all around, staggered.
Pictures don't really do the car justice from a color/lines, it does look pretty mean in person.
When I made the mold of the top of the hood I did it to the inside of the existing step in the hood. If you look at the stock that step is quite wide at the rear and narrow at the front. That Bering said I wanted to have enough room for the extractors while keeping so
me continuity from a ratio standpoint. I could have rounded the edges/corners more but would have sacrificed overall form/function.
Everyone has their own taste. I wanted a terminator style hood and it works.
I drove it to work with the cowl and vents taped off and home with the tape removed 2* difference in the outside temp and 48* cooler under the hood.
When the new motor and SC goes in that will make a difference.

How would you feel if I told you it was ugly, or stupid, or that you did a horrible job?

Just because you complimented one part of the car, doesn't make it less disrespectful when you 'dis' another part.

Meh.. I've got thick skin.

LOL

Come on now...he has a strutmasters suspension kit....and tint!
That has to be a TON of work ;)

I ended up putting your picture on my facebook. Got a die hard bow tie friend of mine kind'a pissed. He called your car a Mustang Cobra's retarded abortion or something like that. I think the color combo is PERFECT with the pewter/black grill & lenses.

He didn't like the hood at all, I'm nto a fan either but I know how to appreciate good work. The bumper cover I've never been fond of but us Mark owners have no other choice if we wanted another look other than OEM. If I had the money I'd buy it too.

Please post more pictures of the car. Especially the rear all nice & lit up. I'm dieing to see what it looks like.

Lastly, please post the selling price. Every man's vehicle has a price. If I was to win a nice lump of cash (in my dreams) how much would it take to buy it? lol

Chevy guys.. well.. are Chevy guys.. and they have to live with that, no wonder they are angry all the time and never have anything nice to say.
As soon as we get some nice weather I'll take some nice shots. I have a bunch of progress pics to post too.
Price? I have no bench mark..lol
Everything is like New or is new, the stickers just came off the tires yesterday. The motor/trans will be new with boost . A couple of $ will be tied up in that alone.
All said and done I don't know that you could build the car for 20k.
Sometimes a car is worth more than the sum of its parts.. sometimes less.. sometimes more as parts.. lol.
For the right price I would probably sell it. I'd like to have a PD car, 03/04 cobra maybe but I think Mark is a nicer all around ride.
With all the +and - comments I should get a ne lic plate made. H8RADE
I was thinking 2L82WIN or DRIVEN

i agree with this post

IMO you did a terrific job sir, i it must be the greatest feeling in the world to drive around in your own creation that is so unique and yours. I know i get the feeling with my very mild mods. Again, fabulous job, especially on the tail and the headlights

i agree with this post

IMO you did a terrific job sir, i it must be the greatest feeling in the world to drive around in your own creation that is so unique and yours. I know i get the feeling with my very mild mods. Again, fabulous job, especially on the tail and the headlights

Thanks, it is nice to see people's reaction as you're going down the road. I think a lot of people are just trying to figure out what it is.

I'd like to have a PD car, 03/04 cobra maybe but I think Mark is a nicer all around ride.

+1 I had a clean low miles 03 Cobra that I aquired in 05 for 28,000 and added about 6,000 in modifications. Then in 2010 I started on my Gold Mark VIII and by 2011 and total of about 11,000 for everything I liked it better than the Cobra and it out run it. And I even like the looks of yours better than that Cobra. Looks is what I need to work on with mine now.

Don't let it get to you dude. It's Marvin's choice of words that's out of line. We're here to make friends Marv, not push ppl away. Like I said above The hood isn't my taste either but that's why it's on his car & not mine. I agree that the lines are too boxy for a round car but I have a feeling that the pictures don't do this car justice. Like I said in my first comment. I would NOT want to see this car in my rear-view mirror. It must look really intimidating!

I like it when people do chit different. Donkin' out cars doesn't count, 97MarkJA's work counts. Most of us on here would hope to have a fraction of the fabbing skills he does. An earlier post here though reminded me of some d-bag on Youtube that commented on a video where BurbankLSC was running a 10.90 in his Mark8 up against a Nissan 370Z. It wasn't about the Nissan, it was about the insanely quick Mark VIII in the right lane and this dumb troll had the nerve to say, "why not buy a Cobra?". That there was the dumbest and most unoriginal crap I've heard someone say. Some people literally have NO imagination. :rolleyes: There are people out there that hate these cars, and for that, I hate their face. :)

sorry for my choice of words dudes thats just me being me.....strutmasters kit wasnt my idea i bought the car with it on already....i would of gone with eibachs better.

+1 I had a clean low miles 03 Cobra that I aquired in 05 for 28,000 and added about 6,000 in modifications. Then in 2010 I started on my Gold Mark VIII and by 2011 and total of about 11,000 for everything I liked it better than the Cobra and it out run it. And I even like the looks of yours better than that Cobra. Looks is what I need to work on with mine now.

IMO the Gen 1's look great with a cowl hood and nice clean paint. I would really like to see a Gen 1... Dare I say it.. humpless. May look like a Lexus but I want to see one in person.

Members online

No members online now.
Back