Project X

I like it very much but it looks like the brake light is sequential. I to would think the police would not like that. it could take longer for people to realize your braking ??

I like the sequential tail lights. Saw an LED sequential on a '12 Camaro the other day. First one I ever saw was on a '69 Cougar.

But it is in fact a ticket waiting to happen in California now. People still do the mod anyway.

I like it very much but it looks like the brake light is sequential. I to would think the police would not like that. it could take longer for people to realize your braking ??

It is sequential. The high mount still lights up and the brake light portion is BRIGHT, the sequence happens pretty quick.
I don't know how someone couldn't notice you are stopping.

I like the sequential tail lights. Saw an LED sequential on a '12 Camaro the other day. First one I ever saw was on a '69 Cougar.

But it is in fact a ticket waiting to happen in California now. People still do the mod anyway.

Does Cali have a law on the books about sequential turn signals? I'm wondering because of cars like the original cougars (I'm sure that get grandfathered in) and the new cars that come with the sequential tail lights. I wonder if they have a switch to turn them off? I'll have to check that out.
This is a damned nice build.

I hope my current 95's project goes this well.

Again,

AWESOME!

Thank you, your car was clean before you started and pulling the drive line makes it much easier. I've seen how nice your work is, I'm sure it will be great!
My motor/trans won't come out until spring, I'll chassis black the underside then, a portion is done now when I put in the chassis rails.

J

This is a damned nice build.

I hope my current 95's project goes this well.

Again,

AWESOME!

Yes it is.
I bet he has built this car in his head a hundred times.

If this car gets pulled over It wont be the tail lights he will get a ticket for.
:cool:

I read somewhere in the California vehicle code - that ......it is permitted for any vehicle to have
.....a device to automatically activate the front turn signal lights to flash simultaneously
and rear turn signal lights to flash simultaneously......

Penalty for such violation is $100.

Code was amended in 1997 and was effective January 1, 1998

A LEO could interpret that in such a way to make it sound like a violation.

I remember looking through the codes after I was pulled over one evening in Palos Verdes and was given a ticket
for having a license plate "not illuminated by a white light".

It might be a good idea to have that extra toggle switch for those times when you
have to cross state lines.:shifty:

I read somewhere in the California vehicle code - that ......it is permitted for any vehicle to have
.....a device to automatically activate the front turn signal lights to flash simultaneously

It might be a good idea to have that extra toggle switch for those times when you

LOL!!! Isn't that a turn signal? :confused:

Oh that brings back memories. My '69 Cougar had fully functional sequential turn signals. I actually got pulled one night because the cop just wanted to ask me if the signals were original or aftermarket. I also had a '67 T-Bird with sequential signals. All Mustangs have factory sequential LED's now. I'm planning to do a sequential LED setup on the Cobra...eventually...

turn signals in the 69 cougar don't work... :( they were sequential when they did though!
sequential lights are awesome.

are they sequential when you hit the brakes?
shouldn't be too hard just to make them all light when you hit the brakes. that's what the cougars do.

I like them too.
I do wonder how that Vollong 10W White High Power Linear COB LED link you sent me would work.
Might be a little softer..... Hummm....

Got the other side done, just waiting on a couple of relays.
Tail light 2 - YouTube

Sounds awesome! Looks amazing!! And a fellow Trekkie! :D I have the communicator sound for my text messages right now.

I second everyone else's opinion! Brilliant car and can't wait to see it! I'm excited and it's not even my car :shifty:. It's just so killer to see someone put SO much love into a Mark VIII :p.

i've seen that link before. but i'm pretty sure its the piece up by the column that is dead. the signal stalk.
i've looked through the wiring. even if the sequential circuitry is dead, the inner most bulb should still light for the turn signal. fail safe mode if you will.
that doesn't happen.
which leads me to believe that no turn signal action is happening at all. also, the clicker doesn't click. and i tested it to be good.

I like them too.
I do wonder how that Vollong 10W White High Power Linear COB LED link you sent me would work.
Might be a little softer..... Hummm....

They make a 3watt and a 10watt version.
I have some ideas for those.

Sounds awesome! Looks amazing!! And a fellow Trekkie! :D I have the communicator sound for my text messages right now.

I second everyone else's opinion! Brilliant car and can't wait to see it! I'm excited and it's not even my car :shifty:. It's just so killer to see someone put SO much love into a Mark VIII :p.

You are correct on the communicator! Good ear.

Sounds awesome! Looks amazing!! And a fellow Trekkie! :D I have the communicator sound for my text messages right now

And I thought I was the only one! My ringer is the stargate dialing sequence. Nerds do run the world.

Unless you act like a complete douche nugget or have some noob out of the academy pull you over, you should be fine.

11 to 1 with boost, planing on e85?

-Alan

Yes.. yes I am :D
I plan on doing the fuel set up this winter as long as they don't send me to China for work.
I was planning on 3 focus pumps or two of the new twin turbine walbro 465 and do away with the fpdm. Now that I've seen the fuel tank mod in the other thread I have some ideas kicking around.

Let me know what you figure out for fueling, that has been a sticking point for my build as well. I have a spare tank that I was planning to baffle but if I can figure out another way I would rather not have to. I think I will probably be able to get by with a single 465 and a BAP, but that will still suck the stock basket drier than the sahara. Your build is looking awesome by the way :D

Also my understanding is that our FPDM is not a true variable voltage setup but just a simple high/low deal so removing it should not be a big deal.

-Alan

Penalty for such violation is $100.

Code was amended in 1997 and was effective January 1, 1998

A LEO could interpret that in such a way to make it sound like a violation.

I remember looking through the codes after I was pulled over one evening in Palos Verdes and was given a ticket
for having a license plate "not illuminated by a white light".

Excuse me if I just don't get it.... That law makes no sense to me... :confused:

Do they mean front to back at the same time or both sides at the same time? A 79-82 Mustang has the turn signal/brake/hazard as the same bulb.....

Cornfuzed.

...And a fellow Trekkie! :D I have the communicator sound for my text messages right now..

Notice my avatar?:D I've got the communicator sound for my ringtone on my phone. And the TOS viewscreen sound for my incoming messages:)

And I thought I was the only one! My ringer is the stargate dialing sequence. Nerds do run the world.

Turns out there are several of us on here;)

Live long and prosper!

Members online

No members online now.
Back