Project X

Fortune favors fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise. ;)

My ringtone is Worf saying, "Bridge to Captain Picard."

My email message indicator is Majel saying, "Incoming transmission." :D

IMG_0910.jpg

Fortune favors fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise.

My email message indicator is Majel saying, "Incoming transmission."

That's awesome! Is that Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas? I never got to go to it:(

But I did get to meet Leonard Nimoy at a book signing in Raleigh, NC back in 1995 and John DeLancie at a convention in Durham in 1996. I've got Nimoy's book "I Am Spock" signed by him and got to shake his hand and I've got a signed photo of Q. Two of the high points of my youth:)

Oh, BTW, gotta say it, you're gorgeous!:D

Let me know what you figure out for fueling, that has been a sticking point for my build as well. I have a spare tank that I was planning to baffle but if I can figure out another way I would rather not have to. I think I will probably be able to get by with a single 465 and a BAP, but that will still suck the stock basket drier than the sahara. Your build is looking awesome by the way :D

Also my understanding is that our FPDM is not a true variable voltage setup but just a simple high/low deal so removing it should not be a big deal.

-Alan

You can remove the fpdm and replace it with a relay or relays, the "type" of fuel set up will need to be changed in the tune. Easy as that.
All the test I've seen with large or multi pump set ups increase the fuel temp quite a bit. I'm thinking the only advantage in running the fpdm is the pumps wouldn't run wide open all the time and you can command more fuel through the tune... That's a simple way to put it anyway.

That's awesome! Is that Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas? I never got to go to it:(

But I did get to meet Leonard Nimoy at a book signing in Raleigh, NC back in 1995 and John DeLancie at a convention in Durham in 1996. I've got Nimoy's book "I Am Spock" signed by him and got to shake his hand and I've got a signed photo of Q. Two of the high points of my youth:)

Oh, BTW, gotta say it, you're gorgeous!:D

Thanks! ;). Nope. That's the bridge on the Enterprise. I knew someone in the prop department at that time.

Leonard Nimoy is the man! I've always loved John DeLancie, too. Got to hang with him and Robert O'Reilly and that was a hoot! Went to a couple wrap parties, including for Generations, when I worked on Voyager. Talk about having a tough time containing myself. Ah, the good ol' days. Sure wish Paramount would fire up another series...

You can remove the fpdm and replace it with a relay or relays, the "type" of fuel set up will need to be changed in the tune. Easy as that.
All the test I've seen with large or multi pump set ups increase the fuel temp quite a bit. I'm thinking the only advantage in running the fpdm is the pumps wouldn't run wide open all the time and you can command more fuel through the tune... That's a simple way to put it anyway.

OBD-II for the win.

Thanks! ;). Nope. That's the bridge on the Enterprise. I knew someone in the prop department at that time.

You're welcome:) And that is seriously cool that you can say that you have actually sat in the captain's chair of the Enterprise-D!

Leonard Nimoy is the man! I've always loved John DeLancie, too. Got to hang with him and Robert O'Reilly and that was a hoot! Went to a couple wrap parties, including for Generations, when I worked on Voyager. Talk about having a tough time containing myself. Ah, the good ol' days. Sure wish Paramount would fire up another series...

I always wished they would have done a "prequel" series with Captain Robert April showing the Enterprise's maiden voyage and culminating with April's promotion and Pike taking over. That would have been pretty interesting. ENT was okay but it could have been much better in my opinion. Too many canon violations in the first couple of seasons for my taste:D

Sorry for hijacking the thread again. It's just so cool to see a few more Trekkies on here and one who actually worked on one of the series is just awesome!

Carry on...

Fortune favors fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise. ;)

My email message indicator is Majel saying, "Incoming transmission." :D

IMG_0910.jpg

That would be Enterprise D. ^^^^^^^
And the original V--below--V

ST.jpg

Unless you act like a complete douche nugget or have some noob out of the academy pull you over, you should be fine.

I am always trying not to act like a douche nugget... it just wouldn't be pretty. :D

OK.. Welded in the roof seam and rear window area for the trim delete. (also cut the trim off the rear window)
I picked up a spare trunk lid, skinned the sections I wanted out of it so it would match the trunk line; I then used a 1/8" rod to form the lip. This is 100% metal fab and welded, including the corners. The corners I left short at first and then extended them to almost the end of the tail lights.
Pics for your pleasure.

I've received several PM's asking about the spoiler. Quite a few asked why I skinned a trunk lid to do it.
I really liked the way the one blue_t did but from rear the trunk line with the hump was almost gone. I used a trunk lid to maintain that flow through the spoiler, it actually would have been easier to just take it straight across with a rise in the middle for the hump; for about 30 min or so I contomplated reskinning the entire trunk using a continental skin with no hump :D
If you look at post 15 on the first page you'll see what I'm talking about.

update

I'll post more pics later. Got the alignment done yesterday.. and of course it rained yesterday and today..

IMAG0088.jpg

Looking good man, how did those door panels turn out?

Door panels turned out great, they look like new again. I'll get all the pics up soon.
Great meeting you the other day.
Eric had a chance to see the car in person last week.

wow. i like it down to the lip spoiler..
the lip spoiler is too much. i wouldn't run it.

otherwise, everything looks great. fantastic work.

I'll post more pics later. Got the alignment done yesterday.. and of course it rained yesterday and today..

Ohhhhhh....Myyyyyyyy........GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

I'm speechless. I absolutely love it. If I saw that front end coming behind me in the rear view mirror I'd sh!t my pants!!! :D

What's the color code on your door? I'd love to paint my car in a darker version of your color.

So far my favorite 2nd gen. Im a little torn on the hood but overall the emotion that car sparks is one of badassness and it looks really mean. i would quickly pull over to the side and let it by if it was riding up behind me.

Very nice ride.

Members online

No members online now.
Back