Project Headlight (pics)

Three things, you talked about being able to adjust each projector which you can via the nut and conical washer on the back of the projector.
I'm pretty sure that projector is supposed to be on the back of the projector inside the housing.
You're going to want to take some stainless high temp tape a tape from the lens holder to the body of the projector to keep the heat from melting your acrylic.
For minor adjustments you're going to want to use the trim bezel for the front of the projector to create space when you form over the top of it. Trim the back side of the bezel where it meets the reflector.
Good luck, hope that helps.

When you go to adjust these I would put them out 50-60 feet. You can join the cut off line to meet anywhere you want. The cut off will be clean and sharp but you will get some bend upwards on the ends due to dual of our headlights lenses.

Thanks I was thinking of using the hitemp tape as you suggest and also using the bezel. I have a nice place at my church to test and align the beams.

nice. mine are apart just waitin on projectors. need size info to make sure everything will fit have an opportunity to get bmw z3 housings was going to use the projectors from that and buy d2s for high beam, or just buy 2 sets of projector? still going to habe to buy xtra ballast if i get the z3 housings was thinking of putting stock hid bulb in the z3 projector, you think it will work? i know ill have to rig a way to mount it but ive never seen projector setup.

I'm getting a quad set ready for the Temple bumper I see in my Marks future. Next week I will take the housings to the RetroFit Source store (in Atl) and test fit some other shrouds.

2Pakk.jpg

These are the Mini Graphite shrouds that may get murdered along with the housings if I decide to keep them.
"these unique looking shrouds are composed of translucent smoked gray plastic that glows when the lights are on. :shifty:

Breaking them apart is fun, making plastic sparks is not as fun as metal ones but I guess the end result will be pretty cool.
Much time is needed on this type of project, safety meetings may be required for some.

RAw_lens.jpg

If you could actually see them they would look pretty cool, Sonny Day hooked me up with some tester housings on the cheap... I will make them more better.

-Scott

guys headlights r awsome. i have a 93 mark also have a extra set of headlights that i would love to do that to noy shure how to any help on this one.

Hey OP - Have there been any update to this? Any more recent pics or additional mods? Like the other folks on the thread I'm VERY impressed with the work! Unlike many of the folks on the thread I'm actually more interested in the LED's around the housing. What did you do to reseal the lenses? I understand that the LED's have wiring that needs to exit the housing in order to get power - what did you do to run the wires from the LED's out of the housing and still keep it sealed? Thanks - and awesome mod!

so after all said and done whats the cost if you made a set call me at 727-657-2215 very interested please call

Thanks for posting this thread.My headlights suck(Gen 1) Can this projector set up work on a Gen 1? I want a set of these.Anybody making them for Gen 1s?

Bobby Underwood on my page can help you with this. However keep in mind guys that these guys are busy with their projects. Don't think their interested in money. They made these posts/threads so you guys can utilize for your own projects. I don't think Bobby will be making anyone a pair anytime soon. He'll guide you in the right direction though.

I've got a Gen1 housing pulled apart at home, when I get back from vacation I'll measure it.

This is what sets this site apart - willingness to do good - or fail - and let everyone else learn from your experience. 97MJA, you're a patient man and the way you formulated a vacuum box was off the charts creative. All of us have strengths and weaknesses that we can help each other with. A big shout out from this old guy - you folks teach me something every time I come here. Thank you.

97MarkJA is the man for sure. He has helped me out a lot and has given me advice and he has guided me in the right direction. I wish I had the coin and the knowledge to get this done. Great write and keep the custom work coming.

Members online

No members online now.
Back