Project Headlight (pics)

97MarkJA

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is my latest project, for those of you that remember my tail light you wont be disapointed. At least I dont think so..
Yes I know my car is dirty and I need to put my LSC trim on.
I also need to do a once over on the lenses, they are crystal clear but you can see the sand blast spots from crap on the road.
Now that being said... Some of you will like this... Some will take a big old gulp of haterade........
I think they look sick!
If my car was black they would look really SICK!
I have 6k lights in the bixenon and 3k in the driving light (yellow).
6k led's over the top.
Wait for it....

1031 124.jpg

1031 125.jpg

1031 126.jpg

1031 127.jpg

1031 128.jpg

1031 129.jpg

1031 130.jpg

1031 131.jpg

1031 132.jpg

1031 133.jpg

1031 134.jpg

1031 135.jpg

1031 136.jpg

1031 137.jpg

1031 138.jpg

1031 139.jpg

1031 140.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

Interesting. I can only suggest to "fade" off the LEDs as it wraps to the side. I think the cut-off looks a little sharp. Other than that, nify!

What LEDs did you use?

I thought about doing white to amber as it went arount the corner of the light, I ended up using side emitting led's. I tried 3mm led's with a plexi bar formed to the inside of the housing, broke 3 of them flushing in the led's and once I had it all together with the resistors and wire it hit the top of the reflector housing. Not by much, but I didnt want to have any issues down the road.
Overall I like the way it turned out, led's end right about the hood line.

That's pretty cool looking. What'd you use to set the projectors with?

I'd like to see some pics of the backside of the housing too, if you've got some...

The bixenon is bolted into the factory bulb location, driving light was fitted to the bulb hole and set with 600* rtv; then I vacuum formed the front over it.
I dont think I have a pic of the rear of the housing but it is 100% factory.
Here are some pics from when I had just painted the housing and of the reflector mount.

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

i like it, i think its badass. and mad props for trying something way out of the box, not just a bunch of talk and never do :q:q:q:q like some on here!!! looks sick man. how is it to drive at night? on your wall, that is one very serious straight beam of light horizontally!!

Hell.. I'll try anything once, twice if I think I F'd it up the first time.
I just finished it today Jamie, I did try them at night off a power supply and the beam went forever. The cut off line never faded, I cant wait to try them out.
When I first set them in the car to check the alignment I thought.. damn, if I had Jamie's blacked out ride these would be even more badass!
I thought about doing the body color but I'm glad I didnt.

That kicks fargin arse! I like it. Thought I wouldnt but the execution is spot on. Kudos!

Thanks guys, I'm thinking these would have looked good in your last Mark Bill.. hell, they would probably look good in just about any color Mark.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking these would have looked good in your last Mark Bill.. hell, they would probably look good in just about any color Mark.
Those would have looked sic in my Midnight Gret car with the black Saleens. Makes me wanna go get another one and have you build me some lights. :D

They are very cool. I wish that i had the money to do something like that for my Mark VIII. :cool:

If someone has a broken but complete gen1 housing I could take a look at it. I've never seen one apart.
Or just send me the measurements for the inside of the reflector and housing.

How much are you going to charge when enough of us ask for them? :D I have a set of housings ready to roll. Even have a spare 1st gen headlight around here somewhere. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back