Project Headlight (pics)

Sledge-Hammer.jpg
No. This:

dead-on-annihilator-tool-axe-hammer-wrench-chisel.jpg

Pretty cool, nicely done.
For a Gen 1, I`m not sure how any of that would look, since the space is so small.

I always thought the small Camaro headlight conversion was cool for the Gen 1`s. I`m still a fan of the old glass headlights, no polishing, rarely go out, fairly inexpensive.

Also your drivers side may not have the bulb seated quite right, or it may just be the nature of that particular projector.

Me wants :)
Be badass on the blk 97 no doubt.

I have hunted up a set of gen1 housings to play with.

This is a awesome project.

I can work up a parts list and cost if anyone is really interested, it will take me a couple of days to put it together. You would need a set of housings with the bulb holders for all the marker lamps and the covers for low/high beam. You would also need to check the lenses for fractures, usually the happen infront of the high beam side.
If you shine a light straight down the lens from the top you will see them. With projectors in there you would really see them.
I imagine once you add up all the cost for the goodies a lot of people will shy away from it. HID's projectors, led's, and supplies.
It adds up quick, but I do like them.
I'll try and get some night shots tomorrow when I close down my building.

ill take all the info,ive got nothing but time, and iwas actually thinking about the led's for a while, did you tint the lens?

Very cool head lights, nice job! Wish my 97's looked like that. I'm going to try that Mother's Brand headlight buffing kit on mine.. they're not terrible yet, but they need touched up before they are. Could you do a set up like that with the HID's for the main, and like a super bright like Silver Star type for the high beams instead of the yellowish high beams?

Very cool head lights, nice job! Wish my 97's looked like that. I'm going to try that Mother's Brand headlight buffing kit on mine.. they're not terrible yet, but they need touched up before they are. Could you do a set up like that with the HID's for the main, and like a super bright like Silver Star type for the high beams instead of the yellowish high beams?

the mothers ball kit works great i used it.

ill take all the info,ive got nothing but time, and iwas actually thinking about the led's for a while, did you tint the lens?

I posted the cost info.
The lenses are not tinted but it looks that way, looks really good in the sun.

The yellow lights are 3000k hid's fog/driving lights. I do have a set of 6000k bulbs to match the headlights but I like the look.
The projectors in the low beam side and are true bixenon with.the servo on Tue cutt off shutter for high beam.
I've had so many people look at the car the last few days and ask what it is; it is rediculous.
Anyone who looks at it in the parking lot says "you're going to get pulled over with tinted headlights"
After they get close the usual response is " that's awesome, wanna do mine?"
I get called up to the desk this evening and a guy asked me where I got them? When I told him I made them; he said I was full of chit and called me a liar!!? What the hell is with people?
I had to give him the boot out of the store when he started to.get loud, he was driving a blue gen 2.

I think you misunderstood, I meant the factory housing seals.

I wasn't responding to anything you had said, I just happened to notice the pic of the cutoff on the wall. The passengers side looks nice and sharp, the driver side looks like the bulb may not be seated quite perfectly.

His brain is fried from the NM sun :)

At least it's not frozen. :p

I wasn't responding to anything you had said, I just happened to notice the pic of the cutoff on the wall. The passengers side looks nice and sharp, the driver side looks like the bulb may not be seated quite perfectly.

gotcha, I noticed that too, I checked it several times and it is either a variance in the way the bulb is built or the angle of the cut off shield. I swapped the bulbs with the same result.
One of the mods for the projectors is changing the angle so you get more of a colored line at cut off, I didnt think it was worth pulling the projector apart when I started.

True story.. I'd rather have the heat than the ice box!

You should go out and round up a bunch of elves and start building these lights for Gen 1 and Gen 2's, you would make alot of guys happy this Christmas. Afterward you would have a few bucks to go party with them in the Islands for the Winter. They are amazing.

Anyone who looks at it in the parking lot says "you're going to get pulled over with tinted headlights"
After they get close the usual response is " that's awesome, wanna do mine?"
I get called up to the desk this evening and a guy asked me where I got them? When I told him I made them; he said I was full of chit and called me a liar!!? What the hell is with people?
I had to give him the boot out of the store when he started to.get loud, he was driving a blue gen 2.
That is too funny!

That is true.
Not looking forward to winter at all.

Anyone know if there is extra room when you slide in a gen 1 housing.
.250 extra to be exact.
Just in the back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back