oh boy......recall "done"....

devilchild....those brake lines scare me. serious issue waiting to happen.

yeah.. i know.. i didnt realize how bad they were til i pulled back the splashguard...

i dont drive the car but 20 miles a week.. maybe

so ill add that to " the list"..haha.. thanx for the warning though

I am still waiting on Parts, mid April to May now.

I would have talked with the RSM about that one, that is very serious stuff. If you had burnt up it they would have shown the work was done - not their fault.

Well, at least you finally got it done.

OK, I'm new around here, only had my car a couple of months, but VERY pleased with it.

I got my letter last Thursday. I called the dealer yesterday, was told they had the part and they were holding it for me. So I take mine in today to have it done. The invoice shows part no 1L1Z-9F924-aa. I leave the dealership take the car up the road, get it to around 50 mph and hit the "cruise on" button. Nothing happens.

I call them back and say the cruise isn't working, they say bring it back. I had to get back to work, so this saga continues.:mad:

OK, I'm new around here, only had my car a couple of months, but VERY pleased with it.

I got my letter last Thursday. I called the dealer yesterday, was told they had the part and they were holding it for me. So I take mine in today to have it done. The invoice shows part no 1L1Z-9F924-aa. I leave the dealership take the car up the road, get it to around 50 mph and hit the "cruise on" button. Nothing happens.

I call them back and say the cruise isn't working, they say bring it back. I had to get back to work, so this saga continues.:mad:

did it work before you brought it in?

did it work before you brought it in?

Oh yeah. That's the thing that gets me. Bring car to dealer to "fix" something and it comes back "not fixed." I know I've got to take it back, and I'm betting I'll have to take it back for the third time. First for the recall, second to find out why it's not working, third to get the "right" part they should have installed in the first place.

I really don't like having somebody do "work" on this car. Ours is pretty much "NOS" as it only has 26k miles and is pretty much pristine.

I'm assuming most techs around don't have much experiance working on these since they are over 10 years old now. I'll stick to the collective knowledge of the many message boards and my service manuals to do any work myself.

This recall is one thing we can't do ourselves. I'm afraid some shops might see a nice Mark come in (with no service history) then all of a sudden they recommend a $4000 suspension fix or worse...

You sound like me, everytime I took my truck to the dealership it came out with another problem. Had the rotors turned, the put the back brakes together wrong, blew out the rear end. They fixed the rearend and brakes and put 90w in the rearend, blew the rearend out again. Take it up their again to get the rotors turned, start it up, the check engine lights on. I told them it wasn't on yesterday when I dropped it off, they tell me it must have been. I asked if they remembered the rear end incident, they said they would keep it another night and check it out. My pops was their who played little league with the owner. After a quick azz chewin they get to workin on it. 15 minutes later its fixed, they busted off a 02 sensor while doing the brakes. My truck will burn before those monkeys fix the cruise control switch.

My 93 is leaking brake fluid now, since the recall has been done last week. Its dripping on the cat and causing a burning smell. So far no fire.
Its going back to the dealership.

David

going to check mine tomorrow, its been a week too, urs being a 93 id take it in and get it fixed ASAP

Went back to the dealership with my 93, they are going to replace the master brake cylinder, on there tab.
They caused it to leak with the cruise switch install.
I show the cost for the part alone $280.

David

Went back to the dealership with my 93, they are going to replace the master brake cylinder, on there tab.

David

im wondering how that happened.

David

Makes no sense... Sure, they would have removed it, to access the cruise switch below it, but how could they have caused it to leak? Its a sealed unit.

Oh well... hey, if it means you get the leak fixed and a new cylinder... cool!

They over tightened a connector reinstalling it.
They are actually suppose to go threw the bottom and remove the steer shaft on the 93s, but this time they went the top way and screwed it up.

david

They are actually suppose to go threw the bottom and remove the steer shaft on the 93s, but this time they went the top way and screwed it up.

david

Ok, cool, i see now. I guess they didn't realize that with a little care, they could have moved the cylinder enough to get it out the way without kinking the lines.

david

yeah thatw as the only thing i could see. though i just cant figure out (personally) how someone could overtighten it.....its going into aluminum. snug ppl...snug;)

I am still waiting on Parts, mid April to May now.

I would have talked with the RSM about that one, that is very serious stuff. If you had burnt up it they would have shown the work was done - not their fault.

Well, at least you finally got it done.

Got a call the next day they found a set of parts. Now right after, on my way home the cruise works but when I use the cruise the brake warning light comes on or if I hit a pot hole the light will pop on and off. I went right back, but they had closed up for the day.

I went home and I topped off the fluid to be sure, it was an ounce or so low. I called the next morning and the Service Advisor states the recall is not related at all to the braking system ...sigh. I finally got the the SM to call me back and he too stated no relationship. i asked then why is the switch plugged into the brake line? and why is the switch listed as switch, brake assembly on my Sales order??? :confused:

"it is a common part used in multiple systems" "the name means nuthin'"

I took off the inner shield and found the switch wet with brake fluid. I removed it and seems OK, added Teflon sealer and put back, made sure the brake lines were tight and bled the brakes - so far no more brake light.

Also the Tech torqued my lug nuts on so tight I had to get a breaker bar to get the lugs off.:rolleyes:

Anyway my point is test your cruise as soon as you can to make sure your brake warning light, that is not related to the cruise system, does not come on. Thanks for the vent.

the break light isnt related to the cruise, its just a coincidence that the light came on when you hit the cruise. that light comes on when the fluid in the master cylinder is low

new master cylinder, cant argue with that lol. my switch is not leaking or anything, had to check :D

ohhh still gotta get on em....time time time! oh yeah and front end and drive shaft....lolol

thanks guys,keep posting on wierd stuff - steelerships here dont even know what a Mark is!

MsM8

It ended up being the proportional valve for the brakes that was leaking. They did locate one and replaced it no charge, but the car was there a week.
Now after cleaning it up I noticed some paint damage on the lower driver door, like 5 spots were its down to primer or less, took it back, talking about a touch up. Will pursue it with the manager when he returns.
This recall has been a pain for every one involved.

If your cruise control was not working before you took it for the recall harness/fuse...it won't magically start working because of the harness being placed on it...

The best way to avoid a huge mechanic bill is to KNOW your car, buy a manual and some tools and get your lazy ass in the garage and do it yourself

I got my letters over a year ago, just got a new one, I figure if I have not caught fire yet, Im not going to - screw the stealership...

If your car catches your house on fire though, your screwed and Ford won't owe you a dime.

I got my letters over a year ago, just got a new one, I figure if I have not caught fire yet, Im not going to - screw the stealership...

debi do it!!! it only takes a sec and its not a matter of if the switch will leak but more like when, just get off your ass and do it. i know you have no problems hovering and when he pops the hood close it and tell him to read the directions on the recall for that car

Members online

No members online now.
Back