oh boy......recall "done"....

shiryu0

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so i headed off this morning to the stealership to check if they had the parts for the cruise control recall......they said YES....so told them to do it, they told me it take about an hour, lot of cars on saturday morning.........so i just went to walk around and look at new cars......

and fight off sales people with my copy of the work order :D ......

the service guy calls me on my cell phone says they have to replace the switch itself and add the harness, me---> 'ok... :shifty: ...sure..' .......

its a recall just do it......why the call :confused:

get the car back, blahblahblahblahblah......get home get the jack on it lift it up see what magical harness/swith theyve installed.........

THEY DID NOT INSTALL ANYTHING

NO new switch.....
NO new harness....

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THE RECALL PARTS INSTALLED.

so i can go monday and have a little talk with these people........and maybe make them give me the parts to do it myself because obviously the monkeys that work there dont know how to do it........

OR i can just wait for my car to catch on fire, then sue the $hit out of them......cause paperwork says they did the recall........hmmmmm :rolleyes:

the switch is on the right front right? the one in the picture thats attached? took it minutes ago, nothing new there.....

Photo0642 (Medium).jpg

nope. they didnt install anything.

call ford and talk to customer relations. you took your car in for a safety recall and the parts were never installed. that "tech" is gonna get into a heap of trouble in a few days.

ford is out shutting down the smaller dealerships. weve lost 2 in the last month here (mine is getting busier :) ) and it sounds like this 1 will be on the chopping block soon. things like this dont go over very well.

thanks for posting this, now I know what to look for, but could you be a little more descreptive on the location? , dang stealership...smooches
MsM8

Darn stealership. Hopefully i will get to see one of these new harnesses sometime so i can make my own.

It's under the splash shield on RH side front fender. See 10-03-14 in speed control section

so i guess the idea is to go to the biggest most well known dealership & hope for the best?

the idiot prob couldn't find it so he just said he did it.....it should be the "newer style switch and about a 2" jumper harness with the old/new style connector on it

i too think he didnt find the swith, whatever the case i cant believe somebody would do this, when i worked at Chrysler i made sure i did all the recalls right.......even the really retarded ones, and trust me, some Chrysler recalls leave you looking something like this--------> whaaaa? :confused: .........but u still do it.......

maybe i should ask for this guys job :D ...........

found a pic of the swith on our cars, i believe its 93's that have it under the master cylinder, the rest as pictured.........

CruiseDeactSW.JPG

guess ill find out tomorrow whether my stealership actually replaces it..

anyone wanna post some odds??

Thanks Boss, I'll look it up, and thanks shiryu0, I'll make a copy and take it with me....just in case he needs a gentle reminder as to where it may be...I always watch...ALWAYS!...cept that one time when I let the guy do my pipes, but I did have him write a diagram, hold up the pipes so I could take pics of before and after and so we would both have the same understanding as to what the finished product should like...and....(this could go on forever..)...lol gotta tell ya...My Pipes Sound HOT!!!

I'm makin mine 2maro, I'll let you know when I go.

Hey D-child, how did you get your grill emblem black?

Smooches

Hey D-child, how did you get your grill emblem black?

black vinyl... place over emblem and smooth.. then just trace the red sections slowly with a razor blade.... and pull away excess vinyl.. VIOLA!!!

looks perfect unless you have a microscope

black vinyl... place over emblem and smooth.. then just trace the red sections slowly with a razor blade.... and pull away excess vinyl.. VIOLA!!!

looks perfect unless you have a microscope

lol......VIOLA! ???

Rather than calling Ford customer relations (which well get you nothing but the recall performed next visit), talk to the general manager at the Ford dealer about their false work order for a federal SAFETY recall.

You will probably get a free transmission flush, oil change and air and fuel filter change along with the real cruise control recall repair for their 'error' ;)

just got back... after they pulled my car in.. they pulled it back out in approx. 10 mins.. said they did it... and i quote.." they are easy on your 96.. its the 94 that takes a while"...i havent looked yet...

Acording to the recall the 93 mark takes 0.6hrs if dry and 0.9hrs if the old sw is wet. the 94-98 mark takes 0.4 if dry and 0.6 of wet. Just as pictured above it is a new switch and a short, 6", wire harness.

so went back to the dealership today........sneaked in without being spotted by any sales people :D .........

lets just say i got my recall done.......

got nothing for free or anything........

BUT........

TECH SUSPENDED until the service manager decides what to do with him......manager was pretty pissed off, lol he apologized and everthing......

:)

pics of new swith, and harness.......it just connects the old connector to the new style swith.........wasnt it supposed to have a fuse on it or something :confused:

Photo0646 (Medium).jpg

Photo0648 (Medium).jpg

My 93 switch was installed today, they had it for a few hours, cruise works now.

ill have to check the adapter harness to see if its a fusable link.

the original recall for non-leaking switches was to install a fused harness only. these are new redesigned switches.

devilchild....those brake lines scare me. serious issue waiting to happen.

Great thread so that we all can be on our toes to see that this fix is done right.

Members online

Back