oh boy......recall "done"....

So if the recall has not been done, will it be okay for a short time to unhook it? It's just until I can get it to the dealer, if they will do it.

yes unhooking it was the first stage of the recall before they had jumper harnesses made for it, just your cruise control wont work with it unplugged

good to see everyone finally getting this done, just go in with the knowledge of where it goes and be sure to tell the service writer that it isnt like any of the other cars under the recall, remember 93 under the booster from under the car, and 94-98 in front of pass ft tire

Thanks ford nut. I have no clue if my cruise works or not I have never driven it yet, will today or tomorrow. But it's unhooked now so I'll get it in for the recall as soon as possible.

I got mine done as soon as the parts were available... mainly because the local dealer vaccums and washes your car when you bring it in.

i think i might finally book my car in...lol
hey thats my mark!

ok - I thought you said it would only take a few minutes - now they are telling me I have to wait until the car cools down, at least an hour - is that correct chickie?

hey thats my mark!

ok - I thought you said it would only take a few minutes - now they are telling me I have to wait until the car cools down, at least an hour - is that correct chickie?

slap them and tell them its no where near anything hot its in the rt ft fukkin wheel well

that is what they told me!!! I said no it does not, it should only take a few minutes, he said no, the part they have to remove to get to it needs to cool down. So point me to the real way they need to do it so I can take it to them, He told me to drop it off sunday night and they would do it monday morning. I will just show up when they open monday morning with the real way to it and watch them...its the only lincoln dealer in columbus. .

The 94 is going in today.....

I'm wondering what will be said about the engine/trans.

lol how did it go?

its easy to check you can pull the shield back enough to see it, you will either have a jumper harness or a new style switch with an adapter harness

a ford dealer can do it to, hell we were not lincoln
call the ford guy, stealership been in business for 20 years+....Brandon the Ford Service Manager answers I tell him what I need...he says...

"...well, were a ford dealership....do you have the recall number so I can look it up? we don't do much work on lincolns..."....

I replied " not on me, I'll call ya back...." NOT!

SLOWLUMBUS SUCKS !!!!!!!!

Did you mention that Lincolns have Ford and Motorcraft stampted all over them?

I wasn't going to do it but I guess i should get it done. I've been reading all the post's on here and I just hope that nothing get's messed up on mine.

did it! done! got em both done and it only took about 2 hours (total, includes both marks, waiting and travel time), tux was quick, no one was at dealership.

At first they were kinda sticking to the "it's going to be hot should have to take a few hours" until I said well, can I talk to the mechanic doing to the work? So she called one up, Jake, and after a discussion, showed him on my phone the pic I took of the 1st post in this thread with "this is where it is pics" he knew exactly what to do!! I love Jake.

Then he did the 95 when I brought her - he did comment, wow, this one looks a lot different then the other one! lol - well having dandruff does not give her a good 1st impression, and yes, the interior isn't immaculate like Tux's but she gets love!

Bobb Boyd Lincoln Mercury got it right...so far!

Every dealer should get it right as this is one of the easiest fixes a dealer will ever have to do.

good job debi, like i said if you go in and tell them where it is and its not the "dreaded 93" you should be ok

Members online

No members online now.
Back