oh boy......recall "done"....

This sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I went to those a$$#oles at Herb Chambers Ford in Braintree Massachusetts.
I was driving home after it was supposedly fixed, and I tried the cruise control, and it didn't work (I had disconnected the switch, because it was leaking). I got home, and crawled under the car, and it looked EXACTLY as I had left it. I called them, and yelled at them, and they said bring it right back.
The service writer came out and began looking in the master cylinder area, and I told him that he was looking in the wrong area. A technician came out and crawled under the car, and told me and the service writer that it was NOT done, and he would pull it in and do it right away. I was in the waiting area, and the service writer came out to me with a wire in his hand, and said "This is what he put on your car, it was supposed to come with a switch, but he didn't know".....I said, "That part was NOT on my car, he did NOTHING to it....." He didn't say anything and walked away. There were other people in the waiting area, and they were saying maybe they need to double check their cars now....
I am never going there again. I bought an Explorer there a few years ago, but NEVER again. LYING SACKS OF $#!T.
Stay away from Herb Chambers Ford in Braintree Mass.
I should have reported this to Ford.

I wonder if Ford would let me take the recall parts home and do them myself the right way?

No, they won't because if your car did catch on fire and they didn't actually do the work it would come back on Ford... it's a liablity thing. Now if you know someone that works at the dealer, it could be done.

My Cruise seems to be deactivated, since i accidently bump the buttons all the time and nothing happens LOL

The previous owner said he was pretty sure the recall had been performed - but when I enter my VIN it tells me it needs one. I called the Dealer, and they said "Is it the first, or 2nd recall" :confused:

Frnakly, I'll never use CC, so if its disconnected thats fine with me, as long as the "threat" is gone - or do I still have to go?

debi do it!!! it only takes a sec and its not a matter of if the switch will leak but more like when, just get off your ass and do it. i know you have no problems hovering and when he pops the hood close it and tell him to read the directions on the recall for that car

Why did the chicken cross the street....to get his recall done!

ok i had this done on my 93 at some bodunk little dealership i was doing a supersale at. all the work was done under the hood? nothing under the car wtf?

What year is your car, zmt? Only the '93 is done under the master cylinder area, the rest are under the passenger side fender in front of the wheel...

ok i had this done on my 93 at some bodunk little dealership i was doing a supersale at. all the work was done under the hood? nothing under the car wtf?

What year is your car, zmt? Only the '93 is done under the master cylinder area, the rest are under the passenger side fender in front of the wheel...

all years of the markviii are accessed from "under" the car not under the hood. it was done wrong, go back. man these shops are looking like a bunch of dumb fukks, i think everyone that had one done incorrectly should contact ford and file a complaint, even since most of you told them what to do and they ignored and even argued with some of you. got any pics zmt325? it seems like most monkeys "hey the plug fits here, this must be where it goes!" im willing to bet its plugged into the power booster, and when they say thats right then tell them you got a bigger problem then because you vacuum booster is filled with brake fluid then!

I have to get mine done as well, but my Local Lincoln dealer just closed down. Looks like Ford will be handling it.

I've still got to have the '97 done. The '96 was done a few months ago and I'm pretty sure it was done right. I took it to my local Ford/Lincoln/Mercury stealership and it only took them a few minutes with one guy under the car and the hood up. I'm pretty sure they did it right.

all years of the markviii are accessed from "under" the car not under the hood. it was done wrong, go back. man these shops are looking like a bunch of dumb fukks, i think everyone that had one done incorrectly should contact ford and file a complaint, even since most of you told them what to do and they ignored and even argued with some of you. got any pics zmt325? it seems like most monkeys "hey the plug fits here, this must be where it goes!" im willing to bet its plugged into the power booster, and when they say thats right then tell them you got a bigger problem then because you vacuum booster is filled with brake fluid then!

+1, search for a thread of mine, it has pics of it done incorrectly and the care free attitude of Ford towards the safety of it's owners...

would getting the recall done cause my cruise control to not work, I was driving down the freeway, set cruise, it stayed for a few seconds, then let off...but the CEL also keeps popping on..... hummm

put into park

let off button

then press button remove from park.........did it come out? no? you blew the fuse for the brake lights, try unplugging the cruise switch, replacing the fuse and rechecking

The buttons are fine, I could feel depression "doink" when pressed all of them while trying to re-set cruise....

Heater blower, brake lights and hazards worked so no need to check inside panel.

Electric box - #5 is for speed control.....and Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor module....is that whats making the CEL come on? Well for shrugs and grins, I checked it, its fine...

next?????

and thanks chickie ;)

oh yeah... forgot to mention before his alt blew....he was stuck up... spyder would not vent.... he'd raise up, but once parked or balanced...no "schooooomp"....nothing...3 days he was parked sitting high...then go for a ride, he lowers and vents... 10 minutes later...he's stuck up again.... check air ride comes on mc before I release the key after starting....

any takers????

debi do it!!! it only takes a sec and its not a matter of if the switch will leak but more like when, just get off your ass and do it. i know you have no problems hovering and when he pops the hood close it and tell him to read the directions on the recall for that car

that time is now for LBD she is on her cycle

Members online

No members online now.
Back