Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Ouch haha. Yeah I was waiting for someone to say something like that. She will be back on the road real soon.....new motor, LSD, coilovers, new tune.

I ordered from tf-works

They are available I just checked today at http://www.tf-works.com/

Did anyone figure out the adjustable upper control arms?

Front? Rear? Both?

I have adjustable upper rears for my rear suspension project. The kicker is that they were built to fit Corvette C6 spindles.
I plan to change the end to fit the standard rear LS hub carrier, but this is presently a low priority. I haven't posted images because I don't want to give away what I did so others wont copy the design.
I have done nothing for a front upper, but the same design approach could work in the front.

Regarding Stance coilovers, I wish they were double adjustable. (rebound and compression) I would have purchased a set if they were. I just started negotiations with a shock company to have custom coilovers built, but I am sure they will cost $2K+ for a set without springs. I believe that for street cars, the Stance set-up is the way to go. Great price, nice units.

At the rate things get done these days, it will be 6+ months before I have them in hand.

I picked up some new toys.

IMG_8522_zpsd518d9a1.jpg

I've been playing around with the ride height and damping settings. I'm not going to be keeping it this low for practicality reasons. With them set to full stiffness you feel all the bumps but it corners really well. I also drove a bit with it on the softest setting, it feels like Eibachs or maybe a little softer.

IMG_8530_zps027f3cc3.jpg

Ignore the bugs.

IMG_8550_zps0ab7035c.jpg

LS is one truly handsome car. They don't make them like that anymore.

It looks perfect Rod. :Beer

I love the stance, but I see how the practicality could be an issue - idk how bullschmidt functions that low. Thanks for the input on the dampening settings too - there is not a lot of feedback on that.

Could you you just take measurements to the top of the wheel opening on the front and back before you raise it? Im curious what the measurements are so I can compare my drop with Eibachs. Thanks!

It looks perfect Rod. :Beer

I love the stance, but I see how the practicality could be an issue - idk how bullschmidt functions that low. Thanks for the input on the dampening settings too - there is not a lot of feedback on that.

Could you you just take measurements to the top of the wheel opening on the front and back before you raise it? Im curious what the measurements are so I can compare my drop with Eibachs. Thanks!

The front and rear are 25.75" from the ground to the top of the arch.

That looks perfect, IMO.

It looks like it is about as low as my car, I am on springtechs. Keep it man!

Perfect. Thanks. Im sitting at about 25 5/8" in the front and 26 1/2" in the rear. I dont have the spare tire in yet and I still have to add a few pieces to finish off the trunk - so it should drop ever so slightly more in the rear. It nice to know where I stand though. Ill take final measurements with the 19''s on and re-post.

So stock height is about 27 according to the ride height thread. What are you at andrizzle? What's bulls running at? I'll probably go as low as bull as soon as I get my ls back, maybe lower

I haven't measured before. I will try and get measurements when I get home tonight. I swear I got the shortest set of springtechs ever... lol!

Cool thanks. Any plans to go with stance or will you sell in the near future before you need new shocks too, couch cough.

So stock height is about 27 according to the ride height thread. What are you at andrizzle? What's bulls running at? I'll probably go as low as bull as soon as I get my ls back, maybe lower

with 245/45/17 tires on the stock 17''s in PARK I measured at:

28.5" Drivers front, 28" passenger front, and 27.5" for both sides in the rear

measurements after the drop, same day: *note: cut 1/2 a coil in the front, and added a spring spacer in-between one full coil in the rear.

26" Drivers front, 25.75" passenger front, and 26.5" for both sides in the rear

...its been 3 weeks now and i need to remeasure.

Cool thanks. Any plans to go with stance or will you sell in the near future before you need new shocks too, couch cough.

...when the time comes I will probably go with stance (if they are still available lol). I dont plan on selling. With only 42k miles, the car is worth about $20k to me. I dont like anything out right now, and I dont think anyone will ever offer me enough.

The LS is gone but I just wanted to reiterate a conversation I had with Stance before I let the girl go. From my convo when I ordered, as long as Stance is still building coilovers, they will be available to the LS. They are built to order and do not require a group buy. The only delay would be if they are out of a component of the coilover assembly and they are waiting for the slow boat.

Just read a few posts where people are mentioning group buys and speculating availability. Not sure if this info is still true but don't see why it would change.

Ciao!

Just measured. 25 front and back. 4 inches clear under bumper at foglights.

The LS is gone but I just wanted to reiterate a conversation I had with Stance before I let the girl go. From my convo when I ordered, as long as Stance is still building coilovers, they will be available to the LS. They are built to order and do not require a group buy. The only delay would be if they are out of a component of the coilover assembly and they are waiting for the slow boat.

Just read a few posts where people are mentioning group buys and speculating availability. Not sure if this info is still true but don't see why it would change.

Ciao!

Someone posted that they had bought the last set of the stance coilovers, maybe it was the last set and they needed to get more components in the next shipment but that got me freaked so I was going to start a group buy. That's when you talked to them and they told you they can build them to order without group buys.

From looking at the ones I have here and glancing at ones they offer for other cars, it seems they offer the same shock and spring for many cars but the bottom mounting assembly is what changes, this just screws on to the coilover assembly. Now that they have the mounting specs for the LS, it seems very easy to just order the bottom portion as needed, then add it to their coilovers, no need to order a coilover set just for the ls.

Just measured. 25 front and back. 4 inches clear under bumper at foglights.

Great, thanks! Would you go lower?

With a different car yea. The two main braces behind front wheels makes this car scary when this low. I can see myself getting stuck on a speed bump or stupid harsh incline due to no other route.

With a different car yea. The two main braces behind front wheels makes this car scary when this low. I can see myself getting stuck on a speed bump or stupid harsh incline due to no other route.

Which is one reason why I went back to stock height. Too many sharp inclines and deep dips around here.

Someone posted that they had bought the last set of the stance coilovers, maybe it was the last set and they needed to get more components in the next shipment but that got me freaked so I was going to start a group buy. That's when you talked to them and they told you they can build them to order without group buys.

From looking at the ones I have here and glancing at ones they offer for other cars, it seems they offer the same shock and spring for many cars but the bottom mounting assembly is what changes, this just screws on to the coilover assembly. Now that they have the mounting specs for the LS, it seems very easy to just order the bottom portion as needed, then add it to their coilovers, no need to order a coilover set just for the ls.

Correct, pretty sustainable. Considering it's aftermarket, aside from the mounts, I'm willing to bet that much of the components (spring, shock, collars, etc.) are shared regardless of application.

Which is one reason why I went back to stock height. Too many sharp inclines and deep dips around here.

Yeah. Even at stock height I still managed to hit a lot of speed bumps around here and scrape driveways.

My car is impractical. With how long the wheelbase on this car is you won't be able to get away with being very low unless you live around very flat roads or run high offset wheels. Neither of which are in my favor.

If you daily your LS or do any significant freeway driving it will destroy your paint. My front bumper is toasted from rock chips and scraping everywhere. I even have a busted fog light that is a PITA to change.

If you daily your LS or do any significant freeway driving it will destroy your paint. My front bumper is toasted from rock chips and scraping everywhere. I even have a busted fog light that is a PITA to change.

Yeah, the bottom of my bumper looks like hell and i'm only about 1/4" lower then stock. I don't have a busted fog-light from it like you but I do need to replace them from just age. Honestly just having the shocks on makes the car feel awesome. I'd like to drop it another 1/2" or so but there's just no good reason to right now other then looks. The shocks are already stiff enough that the car tri-pods if you don't hit the driveway more or less straight on. All that with only one click up front and 0 out back. It was even worse with them all turned up. Great for handling though.

I'd still recommend the shocks for performance. If you just want to drop then eibachs would be the way to go :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back