Official: Stance Coilover Thread

20140923_160028.jpg

Oh yeaaaaa

20140923_160028.jpg

Ordered Stance Coilovers and they are due in soon. I plan to have them professionally installed and want to know any tips I should suggest? I currently have Eibach's and don't want the ride any firmer so based on what I have read set them all at zero or 1 up front and zero in the back. I have a 2006 so will I be able to access the rear adjustment from under the rear seat in the cabin? Thanks!

I have a 2006 so will I be able to access the rear adjustment from under the rear seat in the cabin? Thanks!

Nope. The mounting points are in the same location for all LSes.

the only thing you're going to be doing from under the rear seat is mess with the fuel pumps...

now if there is any damping adjustment done through the center post of the shock, then it should be able to be adjusted from BEHIND the rear seat.

To access the rear damping knob you need to fold down rear seats and lift up on the side carpet things in the trunk.

To access the rear damping knob you need to fold down rear seats and lift up on the side carpet things in the trunk.

So in your opinion if I don't plan to adjust dampening very often it would not be necessary to cut the carpet for access as discussed earlier in this thread

You mentioned other coilover sets, did you try QA-1's? Just interested, I have always thought the suspension is too soft for my liking.

So in your opinion if I don't plan to adjust dampening very often it would not be necessary to cut the carpet for access as discussed earlier in this thread

I don't think that's necessary. I've adjusted mine a dozen times or so but lifting the carpet.

That's the easiest way to do it without ripping the trunk apart. Or just cut a small hole in the carpet to get to them. Only talking about a 1/2" cut-out in the right spot if you go that route.

The problem I had is with the adjusters on the front and the plastic strut covers. They are at the same height so you'd either have to use those adjuster extensions or cut a much larger hole in them to turn the knob. I just left mine off cause i'm lazy :)

Stance Installed

Had my Stance coilovers installed a few weeks ago and just went on a 900 mile road trip. I currently have them set on 1 in the front and zero in the back and would say at this setting the ride is slightly softer than on the Eibach's. Actually raised the car from prior Eibach level by about a 1/2" since I wanted the LS higher after buying the C7 as my sports car. There is a 1/2" rake on the car that I plan to remove after everything has settled. Also had the Senta knockoffs powder coated a slightly darker color from silver to silver gray. Very happy with the new ride as the coilovers control the 20" Senta's much better…felt rock solid at 70-90 mph in the AZ desert

20141227_142945_resized.jpg
20141227_143813_resized.jpg
20141227_142503_resized.jpg
20141227_141250_resized.jpg
20141227_141214_resized.jpg
20141227_141203_resized.jpg

My LS only has 35K miles and I use it year round here in northern Ohio as a daily driver. As such I won't be looking for replacement suspension parts too soon, but it's nice to know that there is an option for the LS since the factory Sport shocks are now basically unobtanium. I would be concerned about corrosion resistance of the Stance units with the road salt(s) that they use here during the winter. I am wondering about the lack of suspension droop with such a large, heavy, long wheel base sedan like the LS. Also the 12K (675 lbs) / 13K (725 lbs) spring rates seem a bit high, even for a 3800 lbs sedan. Nice to know that a few have mentioned that the ride firmness at level 0 is about the same as with the Eibach springs and the Sport shocks.

Not sure if this has any impact or carryover, but here just some feedback about Stance coilovers on another vehicle, as always YMMV;

I installed Stance GT+ coilovers on my FC RX7 a couple years ago. I thought the spring rates that came with the Stance units were a bit too stiff for use on our not so smooth streets with such a light weight car. I called the Stance tech service line and asked them just how stiff or soft I can move off the as delivered 9K (500 lbs) / 7K (390 lbs) springs without needing to have them custom revalved. They said I could go +/- 2K with the spring rates. I then bought a set of 400 lbs (7.2K) fronts and 275 lbs (4.9K) rears from Hyperco. I set the ride height up at about the same as the Eibach/KYB combo, with at least 1-1/2" of the total travel (about 2-1/2") set for compression. I set the preload on the springs at 1/8". The helper springs come in handy in the rear - no rattle from loose springs at full droop, which is of course a lot less then with the the factory replacement parts. I have the Stance set at 0 (full soft) front and rear for use on the street. The ride is still fairly stiff on anything other than very smooth pavement, but the handling is phenomenal (lots of other suspension parts on the RX7). I only have to bump the setting up to 2 or 3 for use at track day events. I have never tried any of the higher suspension settings - but I would presume they would only be needed with something like a set of Hoosier A6 tires.

DSC00873 %28447x640%29.jpg

DSC00879 %28452x640%29.jpg

DSC00873 %28447x640%29.jpg

DSC00879 %28452x640%29.jpg

Sooooo Im new to this forum, and the car. I have a 2000 LS sitting in my driveway and I've been looking into getting some coils. I see stance are the more prominent solution but i was looking to get a set for less than 1k. Maybe someone has a used set looking to sell? Im in Long Island, New York. Also I'm open to tips about the car.... Thanks guys, names Mike

I've been looking into getting some coils.

please be more specific... are you saying that you would like to find a set of adjustable coilover shocks? cause if so, its not really like stance is the prominent solution, it kinda the only...

really your options are cheap crap replacement shocks that ride like crap. then there are the hard to find OEM shocks that are starting to get expensive but can still be found. there is one option of lowering spring left available. then there are these.

as far as finding a used set, thats gonna be tough, there are only like 3-5 people that have them so far...

Wrong type of coils. Prepare budget for 8 brand new OEM coils and plugs instead, also gonna need some additional funds for all the cooling plumbing replacement. 15yr old car.

Welcome to LVC Mike! GLWR's

Wrong type of coils. Prepare budget for 8 brand new OEM coils and plugs instead, also gonna need some additional funds for all the cooling plumbing replacement. 15yr old car.

Welcome to LVC Mike! GLWR's

I'm pretty sure (hoping, anyway) that he is talking about coil springs, not ignitions coils, since that's what the rest of this thread is about.

Buying coils (Not Engine) for a 15 year old car that probably needs all kinds of other maintenance sounds like a bad time

I'm pretty sure (hoping, anyway) that he is talking about coil springs, not ignitions coils, since that's what the rest of this thread is about.

There is no way, YOU missed my point on this.

I'm betting on not, just bought an old 2000 LS and feels a need to lower it immediately compared to realizing whats going on with all the aging plastics.
There's at least 2K in upcoming repairs, could have already been dealt with but hey, stranger things have happened around here. Time will tell.

Not like I haven't been wrong before.

(I keep hoping that some people are reading this forum before posting questions.)

Some people have done that... *cough*cough*me*cough* :)

Posts 1-4 were about tail light pictures. Post #5 was about me in the middle of the coil/VCG job

Members online

No members online now.
Back