Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Dam your LS is clean under there. Nice work. Let's see lowered photos!

looking forward to some pics !

Dam your LS is clean under there. Nice work. Let's see lowered photos!

It's easy when winter consists of 3 days of rain in December!!!!! :p

I actually raised her up from Eibach level - LOL - prob the only one who will do that! The Pics on prior page are essentially the current stance but I have removed the 1/2" rake.

It is easy to keep them clean in SoCal! Feels like it only rained a few days in the last year + but if we keep this up we are going to run out of water soon. If it comes to that, there will be no more car washes, and mine will be the dirtiest around:cool:

I actually raised her up from Eibach level - LOL - prob the only one who will do that!

If I ever go with Eibachs, I plan on adding a 1/2-3/4" spacer to lift the car a bit, assuming the spring seats are semi-flat

I actually raised her up from Eibach level - LOL - prob the only one who will do that! The Pics on prior page are essentially the current stance but I have removed the 1/2" rake.

Not the only one :cool: I had Eibach with spacers for a few years before getting Stance.

If I ever go with Eibachs, I plan on adding a 1/2-3/4" spacer to lift the car a bit, assuming the spring seats are semi-flat

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

...I wanted the LS higher after buying the C7 as my sports car....

20141227_142945_resized.jpg
20141227_143813_resized.jpg
20141227_142503_resized.jpg
20141227_141250_resized.jpg
20141227_141214_resized.jpg
20141227_141203_resized.jpg

The LS looks fantastic....now I need to see some pictures of the C7 :). I find it interesting that someone who can afford a C7 has chosen to keep an LS as a daily driver. I for one, LOVE the LS. I get compliments on the car literally every time someone rides in it/sees it in person/ now hears it. Such a classy looking car. Anyways, that's my $0.02 rant after a strong cup of coffee, lets see this C7 please (sorry to thread jack....it'll be worth it)

So since I seem to be the first one (or first to post about it) who has blown out one of these Stance shocks on an LS, here is what they quoted me over the phone as repair options:

1) Send in my dampener body (or complete coil-over-shock) for a rebuild - $150
2) Buy a new dampener body and replace the old one myself - $195

He said that from how I described hitting the inclined driveway from a road with a high crown at a high rate of speed and how the shock is acting now that I probably blew out the stop and then the main seal which allowed the shock to depressurize. This is why my ride-height is about 5/8" lower on that one corner now. If all that is wrong is inside the dampener body it's just the two options I listed above. If they find other damage to the complete assembly then it would be extra for whatever needed replaced.

Currently Stance does have new dampener bodies that you can buy if need be, but that could always change.

In the meantime I'm off to find a pair of junkyard front shocks to bolt on while I get these rebuilt and have the body shop roll up the lip and flare the fenders more and refinish the fenders and bumper cover. :)

I still need UCA in the rear and probably LCA too, but those aren't loose yet, just squeaky. Gives me time to find a deal on them.

What damping setting did you have it on? I usually have mine on 4 front and 2 rear but I rarely drive my LS anymore.

That seems like bad CS, but I don't know if you are original buyer or how long you've had them.

I'm the original owner and got Set #7 of the original 10 sets they did way back when. So I've had them for over 2 years on the car. I think it was $900 for the set if I remember right.

I don't think $150 is bad the real issue is I don't have the old OEM shocks to slap on while it gets rebuilt or a second vehicle to drive. Currently looking at just picking up a cheap F150 or E150 to use as a beater vehicle.

Question for those aside from myself that have Stance Coilovers. Anyone experience a small vibration via the steering wheel at 60 to 70MPH? I typically notice it on asphalt surfaces with undulations. To me it seems like the feedback is too precise - I currently have the dampening set at 3 front and 2 rear. Adjusting damping higher or lower does not seem to have any real impact. It is slight but I notice it and have had the wheels rotated and balanced on more than one occasion. I am wondering if Deaconblue could be on to something with the high spring rates - does anyone think some lower spring rates might assist? If so what lower rates would be recomended on a heavy vehicle like the LS? Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I understand when you move away from how the vehicle was originally designed these things are not uncommon. Overall I am very happy with the coilovers from a ride quality and performance perspective.

Not the only one :cool: I had Eibach with spacers for a few years before getting Stance.

Do you happen to remember the dimensions for those spacers? What material did you use? If/when I go the Eibach route, I'd like to just make it a straightforward installation

Do you happen to remember the dimensions for those spacers? What material did you use? If/when I go the Eibach route, I'd like to just make it a straightforward installation

I don't remember the diameters but fronts are 1/4" thick and the rears are 1/2". I ended up using a plastic cutting board for the material. Can't remember what kind of plastic it is. The cutting board was a lot cheaper than buying a sheet of plastic.

Question for those aside from myself that have Stance Coilovers. Anyone experience a small vibration via the steering wheel at 60 to 70MPH? I typically notice it on asphalt surfaces with undulations. To me it seems like the feedback is too precise - I currently have the dampening set at 3 front and 2 rear. Adjusting damping higher or lower does not seem to have any real impact. It is slight but I notice it and have had the wheels rotated and balanced on more than one occasion. I am wondering if Deaconblue could be on to something with the high spring rates - does anyone think some lower spring rates might assist? If so what lower rates would be recomended on a heavy vehicle like the LS? Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I understand when you move away from how the vehicle was originally designed these things are not uncommon. Overall I am very happy with the coilovers from a ride quality and performance perspective.

I have noticed this vibration from the steering wheel and it does concern me. I havent had a chance to go over everything with a torque wrench and make sure everythings sound suspension wise. But at the end of the day I may just have to turn down my dampening settings these Long Island roads are horrible. Cant wait to get my car running sound again these cars kill me with there stupid issues. I love my stance suspension though.

Had my Stance coilovers installed a few weeks ago and just went on a 900 mile road trip. I currently have them set on 1 in the front and zero in the back and would say at this setting the ride is slightly softer than on the Eibach's. Actually raised the car from prior Eibach level by about a 1/2" since I wanted the LS higher after buying the C7 as my sports car. There is a 1/2" rake on the car that I plan to remove after everything has settled. Also had the Senta knockoffs powder coated a slightly darker color from silver to silver gray. Very happy with the new ride as the coilovers control the 20" Senta's much better…felt rock solid at 70-90 mph in the AZ desert

20141227_142945_resized.jpg
20141227_143813_resized.jpg
20141227_142503_resized.jpg
20141227_141250_resized.jpg
20141227_141214_resized.jpg
20141227_141203_resized.jpg

Hello all. Bumping this thread with this post because that is one beautiful LSE that needs to be seen again.

I just learned about the Stance coilovers, spoke with local distributor and can get a set of 4 drop-shipped to me for $1100. Yeah, that's less than retail but still a pretty penny. I've had issues with shocks for my LSes for a few years. Latest is when I replaced both front shocks on my 2000, I found the coil seat isolator - plastic white part - had disintegrated and no one seems to have a replacement. So I jury rigged with a piece of heater hose just to keep shock spring from banging on shock seat. Anyway the shocks I put in there were the sale ones ($12.95) at rockauto. Supposed to be OEM but I kinda doubt it. I would not recommend them. Yeah, I know, $12.95 vs $1100/4=$275 per is quite a diff. But I want to solve this problem once and for all.

But I do have some concerns and hope that some folks who are using/ have used these Stances can verify for me:

1) There are no fitment issues?
2) The Stance shock ride height is appx same as factory? (I do not want to lower the car.)
3) They ride stiffer than factory I would assume?
4) Did anyone buy the 'swift spring upgrade'? And if so, why?
5) Are you happy with them? I know one person had one fail. Has anyone else had a failure?

Thanks much for any assistance.

Answers

But I do have some concerns and hope that some folks who are using/ have used these Stances can verify for me:

1) There are no fitment issues?
None

2) The Stance shock ride height is appx same as factory? (I do not want to lower the car.)
You can adjust them up to stock height if you wish

3) They ride stiffer than factory I would assume?
On the softest setting (1) they are just a little stiffer then OEM.

4) Did anyone buy the 'swift spring upgrade'? And if so, why?
Not that I have seen. Could be wrong

5) Are you happy with them? I know one person had one fail. Has anyone else had a failure?
Have had them since the first set was shipped out. Still very pleased

27884048846_12756f80d1_k.jpg
received_10104399335917584 by Justin, on Flickr

27884302546_4fac83b841_k.jpg
received_10104399368402484 by Justin, on Flickr

28006805495_664d58ec3d_b.jpg
FB_IMG_1467314091591 by Justin, on Flickr

Wow another stunning LS. And thanks for the quick reply. Course in the meantime I thought of a couple more questions:

6) The car I will be putting these on came with the Sport suspension and is a V6. Are the Stance's designed for V8? If yes, will they still work OK on my lighter car with sport sway bars etc? Since they are adjustable, this might be a moot question?

Wow another stunning LS. And thanks for the quick reply. Course in the meantime I thought of a couple more questions:

6) The car I will be putting these on came with the Sport suspension and is a V6. Are the Stance's designed for V8? If yes, will they still work OK on my lighter car with sport sway bars etc? Since they are adjustable, this might be a moot question?

Moot point. Nothing to worry about, they will be fine.

Then is there any advantage to trying to build a set from S-type Sport/R parts, assuming complete shock and spring replacement? Price (barely)? Local availability in an emergency(probably coming to an end soon anyway)? Because this whole time I thought their max height sat somewhere around Eibach height, which is lower than what I'm looking for/ready for.

I like that they're adjustable because right now I feel like the rear has too much bounce compared to the front. All 4 were replaced shortly before I got the car. One day I'll check to see if maybe the rears are bases instead of Sports... if the stickers are still there.

Moot point. Nothing to worry about, they will be fine.

Dont know if there are any Stance users still out there. I hope there are. I've got a set and installed the fronts a few weeks back. No issues after I consulted Stance tech support on some questions.
Yesterday I went to in
IMG_1572.JPG
stall the rears and ... BIG issue. The rear shocks are not long enough. See attached picture. Also they dont look nearly as 'beefy' as the OEMs. Gonna contact Stance on Monday but open to other ideas and suggestions before then.
The rears already had to go back for redrilling because the mounting hole was too narrow to pass the LS mounting bolt. Now this issue of being too short has me wondering if these were actually meant for a smaller vehicle? Oh - in the picture I've removed the lower part of the Stance so the whole thing might look the same length as the OEM but the lower part needs to screw at least an inch onto the shock part so it's at least that short.

Members online

No members online now.
Back