Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Well that sucks... I was hoping to get these next spring. If you guys do a group buy I'll probably be in.

rsimmons, I'll add you to my group buy list.

Stance coilovers are currently sold out, assuming I ordered the last set on Friday. Alex is trying to get a group buy together so they will make more.

Sport shocks are sold out too.. I getting together a list of potential group buyers, 5 needed is the word being thrown around. I will call and get all the info. Don't think we'll get 5 soon, give it a few months and maybe.

Thanks to everyone who purchased the coilovers. I know Dave built these based on the fact that he just wants to see some more awesome LS's. I have piles of parts waiting to go onto mine, and I can't wait to have it on the ground, again.

Update:

Gave them a call today because they haven't shipped out yet when I ordered them last Friday. Looks like they'll be here tomorrow.

Additionally, asked about what they need to build more. They don't need a certain amount to build a set since the parts and everything have already been sourced. From the beginning this might not have been the case considering the time, effort and resources on their part that would need to go into building a set for the LS. The guy I spoke to on the phone mentioned they're assembled in house and the components are sourced from all over except. When you place your order, if they're out, they will get them in and ship them when they're available. They don't keep a large stock for the LS for obvious reasons but they told me that there is no need to group buy.

Lastly, I retract my last statement regarding the rebuild being a good reason why to get these. It turns out that it's almost just as cost effective to buy new coilovers (or dampers as they called them). It's more cost effective to have the 2 way or 3 way dampers overhauled as their tubes/frames are more expensive.

That's great new, thanks for the update.

How long are these suppose to last?

I didn't ask that question. It all depends on the use and abuse they see. I'm assuming because I'm not tracking my car and it's now far from a dd that I won't have to buy another set. I mentioned that the stock coilovers have seen 100k+ miles without an issue and he said that it's not out of the question. It all depends on the setup and driving conditions.

Another interesting note, they assemble and anodize the supplied parts in house to a meet a certain specification for corrosion. The parts are sourced from all over, the bearings and seals from Europe, and nothing from China.

As a follow up with these shocks on a daily driver they really are pretty awesome. Car handles sharp, doesn't rock or float, and pretty much minimizes any body roll. You will definitely feel the road with them which is my only potentially negative comment. For me that is a plus not a negative.

I do get a few bewildered looks from the dealer mechanics after I get my oil change done. A Lincoln with adjustable coil overs isn't a common sight.

Nice Kumba. I'm looking to install next weekend. Got them in today but it's definitely something I'm not going to rush. Unfortunately I can install them today, next weekend, or in February, it won't be getting aligned until the spring season. Plates and insurance are up on Monday.

Just found these. Not sure if I have heard these mentioned on LVC. They are nearly double in cost than Stance's and I am not familiar with their durability/quality. Just thought I would throw this possible option out there. I believe this is the model that would best fit the LS (for 2005 Thunderbird - 50th Anniversary edition)

http://www.kw-store.com/products/kw-coilover-kit-v3-113.html

kw_35230030_640_8.jpg

kw_35230030_640_8.jpg

I think Alex may have mentioned these. At some point you are paying for something you won't need, not that the Stances fall under the "need" category. 2 or 3 way adjustable coil-overs are over kill for a dd if you ask me. If you track it then have at it. If they fit the T-Bird, there's a good possibility that they'll fit the LS. The last I remember the only difference between the two's suspension was the springs and shocks, or maybe just the shocks, softer as opposed to a sportier firm LS shock.

Yeah I came across them when it seemed the stance deal would not go through. They are a little more than 2x more expensive than stance, glad we have stance now. Cool thing about kw, they offer a hydraulic lift system that goes over the spring I think, it raises your car a tad when going into a driver and such. I was looking into something like that because I hit more than the average because of the pipe that hangs right below the bumper. They sell a universal kit that are meant for general coilovers too, maybe it will fit stance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7NLntg8dI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92ucshOEVw

This is what setting up the Stances two inches shorter than the unloaded OEM coilovers looks like. If you couldn't tell, it's too low. Will have wheel details in the wheel or picture thread.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey guys, Im new to the site and just bought an LS a few months ago. I've been scanning through this thread and I'm hearing all different things about these Stance coilovers for the LS. Could somebody please link me to a website I could order these from, if there still available for purchase?
If they arnt available, I've seen some guys just buy a set of eibach's cut them down and throw them on the stock shocks. If anyone here's done that how's the ride comfort?

By the way, jmtiseo that LS looks great!! I need to get that low!

Thanks guys!

Members online

Back