Official 5th Annual Boscboel Beach Party Thread

I bring a pack of stuff, brushes, quik detailer and what-not. Give a good wash before you leave and they'll be time to clean the cars up a bit. Last year I started scraping bugs off the front and before you knew it 4 people came over and were cleaning my car along with JD who actually polished my headlights. You can borrow my stuff too if you need anything!

I will be going across the land of many bugs - Nebraska and Iowa - So thanks Brentalan -

and JDS353 - Amante washes like most cars I have owned - I just can't take him through automatic car washes - he is a convertible... :)

And Rich - there is nothing wrong with a clean car - Tux and Amante will be the handsomest boys there... including human company;)

got all my repairs done and just gotta clean her now

cashed in my change bucket any guesses? last year was $407.80

and mike ill say 25.4......sure :shifty: that sounds good

Oh for those who need the info...

410 East Bluff St.
Boscobel, WI 53805

Put it in your GPS or google the route...

Also just so you know they tore up Wisconsin Ave ... Main Street downtown ... to get to my house instead of turning at the DQ .... You want to either enter at Wisconsin Ave then turn on either Buchanan Street or Fremont Street ..

Newbies .... Boscobel is small if you get lost ... in the words of Pepperman Damn!

once you get into town just look for a mark viii

People bitchin about bugs..... Spray wd40 on the leading surfaces of the car, excepttje windshield obviously, and respray any time you stop for fuel/rest and the bigs will come off EASILY at the wash.

I've done it almost everytime I hit the road.

Mike

Oh, Shut up Rich.

I've done a helluva lot more to these VIII's than you give me credit for. Besides why do the hard stuff when dad is "more expirenced" and should be able to do the job better?!?!

:D

if you take a good foaming spray glass cleaner and spray the bugs then let them soak they'll wash right off with a hose as well.

People bitchin about bugs..... Spray wd40 on the leading surfaces of the car, excepttje windshield obviously, and respray any time you stop for fuel/rest and the bigs will come off EASILY at the wash.

I've done it almost everytime I hit the road.

Mike

I heard that expanding foam works well on the bugs ... I'll get you a case ...

starting fluid is good for a few road ponies as well!

I ran the route today with Danny .... I believe this is what we are going to do ...

Route Map

There are some great stops for some photos ... and a very senic route ... I may change it a bit as I'm still working on it ... but the loop will remain the same ... Boscobel, Richalnd Center, Hillsboro, Ontario, La Farge, Viola, then to Reasburg ... the route from Readsburg to Boscboel, may be the only change.

Sad news ... John and Brandi can't make it ... So their room is up for grab at the River Inn ... anyone still needing a room call fast ...

Damn that does suck i was looking foward to finally meeting them. :( Oh and Rich two more days you ran that route with Danny does that mean that Kiker is going to be there ?

Damn that does suck i was looking foward to finally meeting them. :( Oh and Rich two more days you ran that route with Danny does that mean that Kiker is going to be there ?

Closing on their new home in AL was post poned until next week so Kikers will still be in Boscobel for the Beach Party ... One last shot as "Half Past" Pepps ... LOL

Closing on their new home in AL was post poned until next week so Kikers will still be in Boscobel for the Beach Party ... One last shot as "Half Past" Pepps ... LOL

There must be a half past moment. :D

finally off work...Talked to mike he's in kansas now. I think we are going to try and get my car going on thurs. Hopefully i'll be able to bring it.

Hmmmm house , beach party, house
I definitely think neck party weighs more
House --- 2 flags
Beach party------6 flags

Pffft. Them troopers didn't even know what flew past em. Kansas sucked as usual, but Missouri went by really quick. In beardstown now, and going to bed.

wet sand and polish wheels, fix a tranny leak, change oil, charge a/c, front end alignment, windshield washer pump, and clean it up. Around 200 other things as well, but mostly the tranny leak, a/c, and front end.

Well at least you guys are working on cars ... LOL ... Heather wanted the carpet on the stairs pulled .... yuk ... junk under the carpet ... Well we'll see what I get done today ...

But at least I now have an excuse to go to Menards ... Tools Tools Tools ...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back