My 0-60

Auto, didn't have 3 hands lol. I would put them on YouTube, but for some reason I can't log in. I can't even tell from my phone if the videos are working...

Dan, Man as soon as I get a new tranny in the beast I will have to come over and let you take a ride in your old one:D I was following the wife right before the tranny took a dump, the car will hold 1st to 7.2K rpm just about sixty with the 3:53's she hit second the car just slid to the left about 4 feet tires just a smoking, left about 20' of rubber at 60.
If I feather it out of the hole I can get 0 to 60 in under 5. some place I have the data log on that one.

Sounds like you were in 1st and or 2nd and shifted up by looking at the RPM red lining and then the bark of the wheels as you shifted up.

Dan, Man as soon as I get a new tranny in the beast I will have to come over and let you take a ride in your old one:D I was following the wife right before the tranny took a dump, the car will hold 1st to 7.2K rpm just about sixty with the 3:53's she hit second the car just slid to the left about 4 feet tires just a smoking, left about 20' of rubber at 60.
If I feather it out of the hole I can get 0 to 60 in under 5. some place I have the data log on that one.
7200 RPM? The engine does not make power above 6400 so unless there was dammage to the trans it should shift way before that. Also these engines will have nothing but valve float above 6800 and if its a first gen (early) then you prolly broke a spring. Id imagine that you are embellishing a little or your TACH is broken. Which brings another interesting point. Your tach only reads to 7000 rpm.

3.53 gears? You sure about that?

Sub 5 second 0-60? Unless the car is blown and or juiced then that is just not gonna happen.

Iirc, tiltedhalo's car is heavily modded in the engine compartment.
Ah, gotcha.

Also I thought the 3.53s were a Dana 60 axle size gear or maybe the 7.5" axles. Some seem to also call the 3.55 a 3.53 which is confusing. So meh, whatever.

Laser, the engine has a 8 bolt forged cobra crank cross drilled and polished, H beam rods with ARP bolts KB flat top pistons with total seal rings, static balanced, the heads are rough ported, chambers are CC'd and polished, modified IMRC's Isky split pattern phase 3 cams deg'ed comp cam springs, cobra intake with split welded cut back runners. Yes the 3:53's are a danna 50 60 gear set, these are 3:55's. I also Have Lentech 3200 stall converter thats good to 7.7K rpm. I just had to send it out to be inspected and flushed because we blew out the direct drive clutch pack.

Fayetteville, N.C. Speedway Sun. 3-20-11

Hey Dan, If your are interested my brother and I are taking my Mark VIII to Fayetteville Speedway on Sunday 3-20-11. Would be nice to meet you. Take care, Don

Laser, the engine has a 8 bolt forged cobra crank cross drilled and polished, H beam rods with ARP bolts KB flat top pistons with total seal rings, static balanced, the heads are rough ported, chambers are CC'd and polished, modified IMRC's Isky split pattern phase 3 cams deg'ed comp cam springs, cobra intake with split welded cut back runners. Yes the 3:53's are a danna 50 60 gear set, these are 3:55's. I also Have Lentech 3200 stall converter thats good to 7.7K rpm. I just had to send it out to be inspected and flushed because we blew out the direct drive clutch pack.
So then yes, all kinds of goodies. :D

I like that one Dan. The dual exhaust and chip are helping you. I can tell a big difference between mine and yours. I'm going to J-Mod but that's all I'm doing. Still won't run as fast as yours is. Good video!

I sure would like to see some time slips or videos. Sounds great but you know what they say about talk.

I sure would like to see some time slips or videos. Sounds great but you know what they say about talk.
Yeah, I am usually pretty familiar with the modded Marks on here and I dont remember ever seeing this car. I know there was some talk about drag times and he was gonna "dig up" his time slips but that never happened.

Car sounds like an animal, would love to see some pics and maybe build pics.

tiltedhalo's car is dan's old black on black 97 lsc. he was like one of the O.G's when it came to stuffing monster rear tires on stock 16's the car looks sexy as hell.

You know for the most part this is a great forum, with great people who love there cars, but I have nothing to "prove" to anyone. I like seeing what other people have done to there rides and helping out when possible. I am forty five years old and don't really have the time or ambition to prove anything to anyone but me. All I can say is if your close to Melbourne FL come on by:) you will have to wait till I get the tranny fixed.....:(

I guess my rebuild on that trans finally let go. That was the one and only 4r70w I ever rebuilt. Glad that car went to you man, it definately became something bigger/better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back