My 0-60

And while I am no math wizzard, I dont think a low 13 second pass equates to a sub 5 second zero to sixty when your trap is 104.

I have a couple different acceleration spreadsheets which have shown several of my low 13 second passes as sub 5 second 0-60 mph.

There's a couple online. Here's one (although it always shows a bit faster than what I calculate)...

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

If you can get 80+ mph in the 1/8th with mid to low 8s, you're pretty comfortably sub 5 second 0-60. And it can be done with 1.8x sixty foot times.

Now granted, that's at the track on drag tires, something you'd probably never be able to do on the street with street tires. ;)

I'm not bragging, I just enjoy refuting statements I believe to be in error. :D

I have a couple different acceleration spreadsheets which have shown several of my low 13 second passes as sub 5 second 0-60 mph.

There's a couple online. Here's one (although it always shows a bit faster than what I calculate)...

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

If you can get 80+ mph in the 1/8th with mid to low 8s, you're pretty comfortably sub 5 second 0-60. And it can be done with 1.8x sixty foot times.

Now granted, that's at the track on drag tires, something you'd probably never be able to do on the street with street tires. ;)

I'm not bragging, I just enjoy refuting statements I believe to be in error. :D
Thats great. As I said, I am no math whiz. Thats some excellent times and killer you are doing them. I look forward to the day that car is back together and knocking back them times agin. :)

Nope.
MediumD brought up his car in a thread
here.
I recalled the motor build that's all.
He has never claimed his wife's car is the fastest NA mark.

Anyhow...its dam cool his wife drives that thing on the street.
Ugly scoop and all :p

Yes, but thats not were it started. It started here http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=71255 Here he claimes it runs high 12's which is faster than Driller. He is 2/3 down on page one and I am on page two asking if he has any proof. I thought thats were MediumD got his information since it was a little after. If he would have just said no I do not have any proof it would have ended. But he acts offended and says I'll dig up the time slips if you insist. I said sure I would like that. But it never happens. He does have a VERY NICE CAR though.

Yes, but thats not were it started. It started here http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=71255 Here he claimes it runs high 12's which is faster than Driller. He is 2/3 down on page one and I am on page two asking if he has any proof. I thought thats were MediumD got his information since it was a little after. If he would have just said no I do not have any proof it would have ended. But he acts offended and says I'll dig up the time slips if you insist. I said sure I would like that. But it never happens. He does have a VERY NICE CAR though.

If you read the post, he needs to prove nothing, he don't care if anyone here believes him.
Honesty, I could care less if his car pulls elevens.

There is a big difference between bragging and stating info.

I see no post were he has said "I have the fastest Na mark"
Acting like he is billy bad ass.
Who knows/cares if one night the air was good, and the track was sticky, and he got a over the top 60 foot time, and it dipped into the twelves.
Give it a rest Don.

Thank you Ford Nut, If you look at the dam post I said data logged, I did not say I ran sub 5 second zero to 60, the data log does not take into consideration a ton of variables.
The car has been to the track 3 times, mid to low 13's, I have some time slips someplace in the garage, we bought a house and half my stuff is still packed away 10 months later. And yes I said sub 13's on one run when a guy with a T bird offered to see it run with a set of 10 5's mickey's, that run was the only time I drove the car at the track.
Ford Nut said it perfectly I don't care, if its that important to you send me a site mail and I will give you my number.

I have a time slip were I cut an 0 light in a final.
If you asked to to find that slip to prove it, I would tell you to take a hike.
Your engine build is over the top.
IMHO its one of the quickest street mark cars driven by a woman.

Hard to beat, I would love to see the shock on the face of some poor slob who tried to play footsie with her on the street.

I always tell my babe..... my blk/blk gen2 looks the best when she is behind the wheel.
Alas....she hates the dam car, calls it my pimp machine.

Maybe it needs a dam hood scoop.

If you read the post, he needs to prove nothing, he don't care if anyone here believes him.
Honesty, I could care less if his car pulls elevens.

There is a big difference between bragging and stating info.

I see no post were he has said "I have the fastest Na mark"
Acting like he is billy bad ass.
Who knows/cares if one night the air was good, and the track was sticky, and he got a over the top 60 foot time, and it dipped into the twelves.
Give it a rest Don.

I care. If you give people advice and make claims to back that advice then you should expect and not be offended when someone ask you to back up those claims. Especially when those claims do not sound reasonable and make you the top in your class. As I said, if he just said no I do not have proof that would have ended it. But he replied he would provide the proof and hasn't. Now after plenty of time and a polite reminder He acts offended and suddenly doesn't care. His responses are classic con artist tactics. This bothers me and should those who try to provide and receive creditable information. This isn't personal just fact finding.

C_02.jpg

C_01.jpg

get the camera out and start filming the speedometer from 0-?...that should end all of this with no need to dig out time slips...it appears that gen 1's are kicking the crap out of gen 2's in this category of video proof. one thing for sure numbers don't lie...

That would be better than nothing. But it was the high 12 sec. 1/4 with 3:55 gears and a 3500 stall on street tires that beats Driller best time that I would like to see verified.

That would be better than nothing. But it was the high 12 sec. 1/4 with 3:55 gears and a 3500 stall on street tires that beats Driller best time that I would like to see verified.
I believe it was on drag radials.

i believe he said someone lent him slicks for that run because they wanted to see what the car could do...maybe where he races they use a handheld stop watch for times...lol...maybe he has a shot of juice he isn't divulging...but based on his build sheet i could see him running low to mid 13's...if I am not mistaken driller was primarliy a stock engine except for power adders when he ran also I believe we need to compare other variables such as where/when driller ran his car...running at different tracks will give different results on the same car...in the end it really doesn't matter...what we do know is he isn't running 15.?? which is what a gen 2 out of the box runs in the first place...

This chit is getting redonkulous. When I get my motor built. I am gonna have the fastest NA mark. Don I will make sure to send you the proof. Now leave the old man alone. His car is just as fast as your blown gen 1. I know you can't stand it, but it is what it is.

..what we do know is he isn't running 15.?? which is what a gen 2 out of the box runs in the first place...

why do people always say that my 97 ran a 14.67
with a drop in K&N filter and no silencer
you gen 1 people need to let it go the gen 2 is better

I care. If you give people advice and make claims to back that advice then you should expect and not be offended when someone ask you to back up those claims. Especially when those claims do not sound reasonable and make you the top in your class. As I said, if he just said no I do not have proof that would have ended it. But he replied he would provide the proof and hasn't. Now after plenty of time and a polite reminder He acts offended and suddenly doesn't care. His responses are classic con artist tactics. This bothers me and should those who try to provide and receive creditable information. This isn't personal just fact finding.

Ok Don, you win.
He is a lying SOB who can't back up his claims, a god dam con artist.
Were is the post on your motor build?

Oh that's right, I forgot.
You don't have one, it was put together by someone else.

Can you drop it now?

get the camera out and start filming the speedometer from 0-?...that should end all of this with no need to dig out time slips...it appears that gen 1's are kicking the crap out of gen 2's in this category of video proof. one thing for sure numbers don't lie...

That would be fine as long as he didn't use your POS camera.
The crap you post, cant even tell its a Lincoln.

your right Ford Nut my camera is bad but rest assured it is a gen 1 Lincoln Mark VIII.

This chit is getting redonkulous. When I get my motor built. I am gonna have the fastest NA mark. Don I will make sure to send you the proof. Now leave the old man alone. His car is just as fast as your blown gen 1. I know you can't stand it, but it is what it is.

It's not as fast as mine but it if it was I wouldn't mind. I would love to see a N/A mark run 12,s. I dont think these car ever got the respect they deserve. The last you talk to me your car was to be S/C and NOS ??? PS I'm older than him. http://www.youtube.com/user/DonsCobraMarkVIII

Last edited:
Oh that's right, I forgot.
You don't have one, it was put together by someone else..

Yes I bought my car with some add ons to start with but it ran like crap. actually it didnt even run. Its had a lot of new add ons and reworks of the old and now it runs very very well. I didnt call him a con artist. Just pointed out his responces were typical of someone being deceptive. I found it hard to believe and then even more so due to his replys.

One of the main reasons I would prefer 1/4 or 1/8 mile time slips to 0 to 60 videos is if you install gears and do not correct the speedometer it appear you are going much faster than you really are.

One of the main reasons I would prefer 1/4 or 1/8 mile time slips to 0 to 60 videos is if you install gears and do not correct the speedometer it appear you are going much faster than you really are.

As I understand, Gen IIs speedometers are not affected by a gear change.

As I understand, Gen IIs speedometers are not affected by a gear change.
Yes, gear changes do not effect speerdo on Gen II cars. Only tire size can change it. I thought Gen I was the same?

Mine has been changed by the gear which I believe is the only way for a gen 1, but I thought gen 11 could be changed at the gear or by the computor ???

Members online

No members online now.
Back