Mark VIII's along your travels

Ha ha!!!! I ran into her at the Lincoln dealership today and she's owned this car since new. It now has 66k miles and is in prisitine condition, except for lasagne. She must have been pushing 80 and said she'd never sell her Mark VIII!! A true believer. Awesome.

That's awsome! I've thought about going back over to the lady's house I bought it from to show her the car again..it was very sentimental to her since her mother was the original owner and when she passed away the daughter inherited it..she made me giver her a hug when I left with the car after buying it lol.

Ha ha!!!! I ran into her at the Lincoln dealership today and she's owned this car since new. It now has 66k miles and is in prisitine condition, except for lasagne. She must have been pushing 80 and said she'd never sell her Mark VIII!! A true believer. Awesome.

Looks like the first pic has 10 spokes but this one looks like a different wheel. Am I wrong?

Looks like the first pic has 10 spokes but this one looks like a different wheel. Am I wrong?

I thought the same thing..went back and looked at hotmk8's original picture which has 10 spokes opposed to 20s in the most recent picture..maybe its a different car..kinda hard to believe an elderly lady has two sets of wheels for her mark that obviously doesn't get driven very often.

I thought the same thing..went back and looked at hotmk8's original picture which has 10 spokes opposed to 20s in the most recent picture..maybe its a different car..kinda hard to believe an elderly lady has two sets of wheels for her mark that obviously doesn't get driven very often.

To me, it looks like it now has Conti wheels on it or something like it. Hard to tell with the angle of the pic but the tire size looks normal. Maybe she can snag anew pic of it setting still.

Guys those are chrome snowflake wheels. They are a rare breed but they do live among our Marks. I'm sure all 20 or 30 sets were custom ordered by 78 year old seniors that liked them & those that are left are making their way around the country!

To me, it looks like it now has Conti wheels on it or something like it. Hard to tell with the angle of the pic but the tire size looks normal. Maybe she can snag anew pic of it setting still.

Guys those are chrome snowflake wheels. They are a rare breed but they do live among our Marks. I'm sure all 20 or 30 sets were custom ordered by 78 year old seniors that liked them & those that are left are making their way around the country!

different wheels, different color, different car.

10 spokes and white the first time around, snowflakes and cream the second time around.

2013-11-20 17.03.44.jpg
2013-11-20 17.03.48.jpg

at the dollar tree last night.
nose to nose with the LSC.

2013-11-20 17.03.44.jpg

2013-11-20 17.03.48.jpg

Have a few pics on my phone that I've forgotten about that I should add to this thread..

Spotted this one yesterday out of the corner of my eye and flipped a U to pull in and get a pic. BOB 97 it looks like judging on how black those seats were..didn't get out to look though.

20131122_160414_zps89a82cdd.jpg

Ive seen this one on and off for the last 3 years, unfortunately now its looking a bit rougher than I remember, rear bumper has a chunk missing fom the bottom corner and looks like it has been sitting under a tree for a while. First time I saw it, it looked super clean. Not so much anymore :(

20131023_132117_zps26bb8f10.jpg

A friend of mine spotted this one twice..once on the way home from central IL and another time around my area..96 LSC with some weird two tone job?

IMG_3443_zps7700c209.jpg

Same car

IMG957917_zpsfd38f9c3.jpg

This one my MOM sent to me lol..now I have her on board on the lookout for mark viiis

IMG951145_zpsd7d077a1.jpg

Seen this 93/94 a few times

IMG958582_zps037fb4c3.jpg

This was f/s at the local chevy dealer..parked way in back probably ready for whole sale :(

20130903_150035_zps13113f59.jpg

This one comes around from time to time..decent shape for an original black paint job.

20130520_112653_zps871cbc90.jpg

This CE is really clean, seen it at this gas station three times and talked to the owner (original owner)..told him about this site so we'll see if he ever joins.

20130526_073355_zpsddd2ca36.jpg

Saw this one over the summer at the sycamore car show, took me forever to find a parking spot and wouldn't you know it..the only open spot was next to this mark viii. I believe it was a 93..pretty rare color, not sure on the name but never seen one this color before.

20130728_133126_zps2912daf2.jpg

20130728_133142_zps8c313c67.jpg

Pretty clean 96, only spotted this one time

20130330_114541_zps9a9bdd54.jpg

GOOD GRIEF!!!! I would be in heaven if there were this many decent Marks around. Most except for three are really rough. Thanks for the candy, Kevin. :p

The gray 93 is Midnight Opal, same color as my 93.

That 93 wasn't gray..I know what color you're talking about though..this car was like a dark shade of redish purple. Hard to tell from pics but it wasn't gray.

Edit: might be that "dark cranberry" color, 93 only

I haven't seen another Mark in my city in over 3 months.

Seems like there's dry spells and then sometimes they pop up everywhere..surprisingly though the ones I do see are in average to above average condition, unlike the few remaining mn12s that are still kicking it around here which are usually rotted out beyond belief. All of the ones I just posted were in pretty good shape.

No I know rosemist..rosemist is way lighter than this. I did some google searching on the 93 colors (i remember looking inside and seeing 93 seats) and its gotta be either "dark cranberry" color code EX, "burgandy" color code ER or "aubergine" color code GD . I only found one pic of a dark cranberry mark viii and it was a factory repaint by jamie so hard to tell how close to original it really is but you get the idea.
Dark cranberry
jeffscarrepainted086.jpg
jeffscarrepainted046.jpg

Aubergine
oldshoes2.jpg

Compared to this
20130728_133126_zps2912daf2.jpg

I couldnt find any pics of the bugandy color but usually burgandy is a dark reredish purple color like the one I pictured. I don't know why but this topic interests me with all the different colors these cars came in..too bad more people didn't post pics of their rare colors with a color code attached so we don't have to play the guessing game.

jeffscarrepainted086.jpg

oldshoes2.jpg

jeffscarrepainted046.jpg

My aunt has a pearl white 98 Mark VIII LSC, it's a nice Lincoln, she still loves it. sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back