LS Vinyl Wrap Project

AHHHHHHHHHHH... Im starting a "ONLY PICTURED UPDATED VINYL WRAP PROJECT THREAD"... no more post without pics!!!!!!!!!!

here are some pics. they are kinda bad cause all i have is my phone camera.

1326869722332.jpg

1326679993140.jpg

1327378867912.jpg

1327976247337.jpg

1327976253020.jpg

1326869722332.jpg

1326679993140.jpg

1327378867912.jpg

1327976247337.jpg

1327976253020.jpg

Since you spray painted the doors and mirrors flat black, couldn't you just spray paint the whole car if you wanted? I know I've seen crappy spray paint jobs on ricers but the door handles you did look quite nice. Yeah I know if you painted it it's (irreversible)

Since you spray painted the doors and mirrors flat black, couldn't you just spray paint the whole car if you wanted? I know I've seen crappy spray paint jobs on ricers but the door handles you did look quite nice. Yeah I know if you painted it it's (irreversible)

yeah i could have but like you said i couldnt turn back. i would just have to repaint the mirrors, handles and trim rather than the whole car.

plus the cost of that (either by shaker can or paying someone) would be alot more expensive than wrapping it.... I would assume

Looks really good.

How much heat is needed? I ask cause I can easily get my garage up to 100+ degrees. Would it ease the install?

If it made the process easier is what I meant. The thermostat on my garage heater broke and it stuck on once, it was 105 in 5 hrs before I caught it.

Looks like 48" is the widest?

If it made the process easier is what I meant. The thermostat on my garage heater broke and it stuck on once, it was 105 in 5 hrs before I caught it.

Looks like 48" is the widest?

i dont think it would make it easier. 48" is the widest for what i got. but if you get what andrizzle has it comes in 60".

Are you filling in chips? Do you think it would cover a faded clearcoat, or show through.

I want to do my MarkVIII. Its faded and I just don't have the time to paint it. That and I was toying with flat black anyways so this not only would be look slick...it would make it fun to drive again.

The hood is a bit wider than the LS.

I am almost done. I am going to wait and post finale photos. Going to get the car finished up. Going with some new tinted tails and going to be doing something with the wheels for experiment.

My roof seam turned out awesome. I am really happy with how well the seams are hidden with this oracal stuff.

To answer the last post, I am filling in spots, yes. I have repaired several chips and straight up sanded down the clearcoat in spots where it was uneven. I figured at this point, the paint is already in a poor condition (why I am wrapping) so if I ever decide to go back to paint, It is just going to get sanded down completely anyways.

Right now school is getting busy with the first round of exams, so it may be another week or so. But I am excited to get it all cleaned up and shiny. Going to be removing the wheels and doing a thorough scrubbing of everything (the interior is filth along with door jams etc.).

To answer the question about heat application. Doing it in a warm environment 100% helps. At least with my brand of vinyl, cold weather application is very tough and leaves the vinyl prone to ripping. This stuff is made to stretch into places and when the vinyl is already warm it makes using the actual heat dryer less frequent.

I would say if you can bear spending hours on end in a garage that is 100+F then go for it. I have been wrapping in a garage that is probably around 60-70F.

Thanks for the input. I'll work in a speedo if a hot garage will help and make the process easier.

Same boat probably worse with my MarkVIII, the paint is crap so blending out the faded spots and spot puttying/wet sanding any chip scratches is no problem. Still far less time spent than fully prepping for paint, been there done that.

I'm guessing the VIII to be easier than the LS as it has less lines and pieces.

My LSE still has decent paint so it will stay painted.

very interesting... but NOT FOR THIS THREAD...lol, ill be looking more into this for my buddies jeep project and let everyone know

snapped a quick pic of my progress today. car is kinda dirty. all i have left is the driver side rear quarter, back bumper, and the rims. :cool:

DSCF1350 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1350 (768x1024).jpg

Looking good jerbear19! That looks like a lot of work. I can't wait to see it!

Nice!!! I wish i had the extra time and a garage to wrap my car. That looks good

Nice!!! I wish i had the extra time and a garage to wrap my car. That looks good

i wish i had the time too haha!!! i was hoping to be done like a month ago but i get one day a week to do it and its really hard to get the motavation after an 80 hour work week!!!

im assuming you cant do door jams but does it
look awk with the 2 dif colors ?

you can see the original color through some of the cracks but it not that noticable. if i decide to keep this for a long time i will eventually paint the jams.

Looks great.. did you take the door trim off and wrap/spray those?

Members online

No members online now.
Back