LS Vinyl Wrap Project

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, just making this thread because we were cluttering up the official photos thread with discussion.

I have not started the wrap yet, I am going to tackle it over winter break in December; so don't expect to see this thread bumped - and please don't spam it asking for updates as the project has not even begun!

Anyways here is a brief run down of what is going on:

Oracal 970RA Matte Black is the product I will be using.

photo2ln.jpg

This is a photo of the same vinyl applied here just to give an idea of what color it will be:

98631901.jpg

Not sure how this style appeals to the majority of the forum, but hey I think it will look sick!

I will also be redoing my tails in a lighter smoke, along with some vinyl integration on them. I wrapped my refrigerator to get a feel for the vinyl and the application methods, and I think it won't be too hard. I am up for the challenge!

I think it will look awesome! Have patients and take your time ..

That vid of the ferrari looks very intense. After seeing how that turned out I totally agree with you on it looking sick. I have patience but not enough to do that myself. They even did the door jambs it looked like.

You mentioned you got it quoted for $3000-$4000. What are the advantages of using this over getting it painted to have that color and finish? Just a more rugged and not being prone to scratches and such?

Again extending a good luck. Excited to see how it turns out.

Well it is cheaper than a paint job, even professionally installed, usually. But if you do it yourself, you take out all labor costs, which is the big factor - all you have is vinyl cost ~$6-700.

You also have the reversibility of vinyl, durability, and ability to reapply.

Say I scratch my bumper or I see a scratch in the vinyl, I can just replace that piece in my garage and be done.

It also protects the paint underneath, but in my case that isn't saying much.

Takes away waxing/polishing. Simple shampoo wash and you're done. (no more water spots!)

Cleaning requires a spray bottle and bathroom towel.. Sign me up :shifty:

Takes away waxing/polishing. Simple shampoo wash and you're done. (no more water spots!)

Damn those water spots!

I figured that was why just thought I'd ask, add some info on here instead of looking it up. Might be wrong but someone might want to be looking this up later. Thanks.

That looks like one hell of a project right there. Im curious how you get it to look like one piece because there will obviously be seems you'll have to make, right?

That looks like one hell of a project right there. Im curious how you get it to look like one piece because there will obviously be seems you'll have to make, right?

I am doing seamless, but due to our roof, there has to be one seam where the roof meets the rear pillar. I already figured out I am going to put the seam at the top on the other side of the lip that we have. This way it is out of view unless you are on top of the car and searching for it.

HyeLife, I know what you mean, it definitely doesn't appeal to everyone.

I've been looking at research and thinking about doing this. I was also thinking the Matte Black. They do have other colors like chrome and what not.

I hope all goes well with the project and it comes out the way you want it too.

Where did you order it from?

you got a wide enough roll to do the hood in one piece? damn!

I think its going to be sick when done I saw a M3 today with same vinyl wrap looked amazing.

+1 on the water spots!

*Bump Update?

Picture of the Benz wasn't showing up when I first saw it. Damn that's sexy. Reminds me of the Batmobile.

DAMN! I hope this turns out as good as it will in my head. Good luck man.

Good luck man can't wait to see the finish product

I thinking about wrapping my bike over the winter :rolleyes:

Delays? :p

Not so easy huh :D

I saw a wrapped car over the break, sexy!Can't wait to see some progress.

Got a couple wrapped BMW's on campus here, they look so boss..

How stretchable and flexible is the Oracal vinyl? I saw that stuff at TipTop Signs.com. I just ordered two different samples of gloss black from them. Thinking about doing the chrome around the windows.

Members online

No members online now.
Back