LS Vinyl Wrap Project

Sooooo I just ran out of vinyl. Was afraid of this. Doing seamless install uses a lot of large pieces of vinyl.

All that means are the rear quarters and the rear bumper.

i was worried about that to. but i bought 150 feet of it just to make sure i had enough! haha car is lookin good drizz.
this gives me a chance to catch up now haha :D

Damn dude 150?

150ft of the stuff I'm using is like $1500.

But it's also 5 feet wide, I think yours is 4 right.

ya i have some things to do so i dont wanna have to leave while im like half way done.
yeah i found that out thought you had to take the hinges off.

Wow, the ls looks great wrapped in vinyl.I mean, I knew it would look good,but GOD DAMN! Drizz and jerbear, I'm curious to know how many hours have you put into the wrapping process so far?

Wow, the ls looks great wrapped in vinyl.I mean, I knew it would look good,but GOD DAMN! Drizz and jerbear, I'm curious to know how many hours have you put into the wrapping process so far?

it usually takes me about 3-4 hours for each panel. you have to be super patient. all in all i have about 22 hours into it so far. and thats including my mess ups like last night.

I should have kept a timer going everytime I was working on it.

I would say upwards of 60 hours or more. This is cleaning, claying, wiping down with isopropyl, measuring, rough cutting, squeegeeing, finish cutting, etc.

Got my paint today, here is a photo of the new LED design, however the ones I received are incorrect fitment, but I have since returned and got H11s.

lightspaint.jpg

lightspaint2.jpg

And to answer your question, YES!

I want to wrap a brand new car, would be awesome to basically have a one of a kind color on a new vehicle. Not to mention there would be no imperfections.

Wow, I have too say, that is one sick LS. Looks great with the flat black.

Great job

Got my paint today, here is a photo of the new LED design, however the ones I received are incorrect fitment, but I have since returned and got H11s.

lightspaint2.jpg

And to answer your question, YES!

I want to wrap a brand new car, would be awesome to basically have a one of a kind color on a new vehicle. Not to mention there would be no imperfections.

Fantastic work! Your car serves as constant inspiration for what I'd like to achieve with my own over time.

Now ditch that razer headset and get some real cans ;p

it usually takes me about 3-4 hours for each panel. you have to be super patient. all in all i have about 22 hours into it so far. and thats including my mess ups like last night.

:eek: damn that's a lot of man hours you guys.I was thinking it would take like 45 or an hour each panel,but honestly for the money you're saving it's well worth the DIY.Jerbear,are you going to try and wrap your wheels?If you can pull it off they'd look ILL matted..

Jerbear,are you going to try and wrap your wheels?If you can pull it off they'd look ILL matted..

I am going to attempt it. Don't no how its going to work out yet. But I hope to pull it off. I think it would look pretty sick! :D

Just plasti dip the wheels don't wrap them... I mean I guess either way is reverseable but I would think spraying them would be a hell of a lot easier then wrapping, heating, stretching, wrapping...

I really like how it's looking. I hope you still have it like this for the national meet so we can all see it in person.

Got some more work done. Ill post pics when I can. Andrizzle has the rest of your vinyl came in yet??

Got some more work done. Ill post pics when I can. Andrizzle has the rest of your vinyl came in yet??

AHHHHHHHHHHH... Im starting a "ONLY PICTURED UPDATED VINYL WRAP PROJECT THREAD"... no more post without pics!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back