LS Vinyl Wrap Project

So would you be willing to wrap a car if paid for it??

LOL.

I was thinking about doing mine, but in a matte dark grey/gunmetal, but I have some small spider webbing on the roof and hood. Might as well just get it painted.

Went to a club for the gf's bday party last night, rolled up and there was a spot right in front of the doors, got super lucky. Anyways everyone was gawking at the LS like it was a lambo lol. The bouncers wouldn't stop talking about it when we were waiting in line.
Siiiiickkk!! I know what you mean by people starring like crazy.. With the green eyes out on MSU's campus people double take so much..... I NEED front window tint so they CAINT SEE MEEEEH!

Would you take some shots of the seam on the roof?
Thanks

Totally missed this question. Yea I will take a close up of the seam(s).

I've noticed that the famous dust that settles on a black car's paint surface is amplified on this vinyl. Because it is not as slick as clearcoat, the dust sticks better. And it kind of outlines the seams. Not a big deal unless you are up close and looking for them, but having a garage will eliminate most of the dust that settles on the surface.

Soopa, no front tint? Lame man!

I've noticed that the famous dust that settles on a black car's paint surface is amplified on this vinyl. Because it is not as slick as clearcoat, the dust sticks better. And it kind of outlines the seams. Not a big deal unless you are up close and looking for them, but having a garage will eliminate most of the dust that settles on the surface.

I have definatly noticed this! Even with my car in the garage it gets so dirty. I'm in arizona so I don't no what I can to about the dust! Literally I will wipe it down and ill go out the next morning and It looks like I didn't even do anything! Haha

Try some pledge. Of course test a piece thats not on the car, but it will make it slick and repel dust. Buddy of mine uses it on his Harley plastics without issues.

Last edited:
So would you be willing to wrap a car if paid for it??

LOL.

Lol, not anytime soon! I would love to do this on the side if my life allowed it. Would be a cool way to make extra $$. But college + work + gf + looking for a new job does not = time.

Lol, not anytime soon! I would love to do this on the side if my life allowed it. Would be a cool way to make extra $$. But college + work + gf + looking for a new job does not = time.

Ahh but you are wrong. Teach the gf how to do it and explain it's your 'quality time' :D

Nope no front window tint.. maybe ill go get it done tomorrow fook it!

Sorry Dan Ro when I tried to answer your question I was thinking you said the seams on the 'hood' not the roof... my bad!

Here is a shot of the seam on the roof. The car is covered in dust, so it makes the seam show up more (dust all around the rear window gasket). But it is still visible if you're really looking for it.

seamj.jpg

that looks good.... were you able to cut it at a 45 degree angle, or is that straight up and down???

It is slightly angled, but is mostly straight up and down I guess. I laid a piece of tape down for the actual cutting line so I would not lose control and slice into a random direction (easier to do than you think).

Also you can see the pieces overlap, you can try to get them to but up against each other, but I found that doing this is super risky in terms of leaving a gap between the pieces - because then you will run the risk of having exposed the edges of both pieces of vinyl in addition to possibly uncovered paint underneath.

The overlapping is actually pretty ninja, as you can see in that photo, I could have gotten closer and left not as much overlapping, but after cutting it roughly like above, I was satisfied enough to not risk fucking it up.

Here is a shot of the seam on the roof. The car is covered in dust, so it makes the seam show up more (dust all around the rear window gasket). But it is still visible if you're really looking for it.

Thanks Dude :D

One word, Drizz - UNBELIEVABLE! Professional level wrap - bar none! Takes your Black Beauty to a whole new level!

Also you can see the pieces overlap, you can try to get them to but up against each other, but I found that doing this is super risky in terms of leaving a gap between the pieces - because then you will run the risk of having exposed the edges of both pieces of vinyl in addition to possibly uncovered paint underneath.

i did the same thing on mine i was to scared to even try and but the two up together. :eek:

i finished mine last night now all im waiting on is the plasti-dip for the rims

IMG_20120306_182017 (1024x765).jpg

IMG_20120306_182017 (1024x765).jpg

What a change! Looks great. I personally like the chrome rims better thru the pics, but in person id prolly like the all black look more

+1. Stealth look deserves a lowering kit. Even if it is an inch. Go ahead and set that style of look all the way off.

drop will be coming soon. after 3 months of working on this i need a little break. haha and im honestly thinking of doing matte white on my other LS. just think that would be sick to have a matte black and a matte white LS. will probably plasti-dip this time thou.

That is sick man. I like it. Looks like you sprayed at least one with the wheel still on the car, uncovered? I see overspray in the wheel well lol.

Anyways I probably would have tried to plasti dip as well. But I am just glad the vinyl is over (for the most part).

the overspray is tire shine i sprayed on right before i took the pic. and i sprayed all of them while on the car just taped off brakes and used index cards around the tires. yeah im glad wrapping is over too. it was a ton of work.

Hey Drizzle, it looks fantastic! I might have missed you saying it but do you plan on putting the WW spoiler back on?

Members online

No members online now.
Back