Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

I've been working on the same thing

I've haven't had much luck finding a a machine shop that didn't want to charge me an arm and leg.....so I've actually.....training myself how to use a milling machine. I'll post my episodes on YOU-tube....they're good for laugh.

There are a few TVS units to be had on CL. Craigslist in northern CA is big.
If there's something someone is interested in....hit me....we can work something out.

If you have an interest to build more than one intake..let me know.
I have a feeling I'm going to go thru a boat load of aluminum before I get the milling process figured out.

Roots project....

OK..I'm bored at work. I've also looked at putting 3 valve heads on the block.
I have a Whipple HO on my 07 mustang to use for comparison. I've got 2 sets of used 3 valve heads. One set needs some major repair work. The other set is apart waiting for me to figure out which cam to use.....and if it goes on the LIncoln or SN-95..thats been collecting dust.

I can get an lower plenum from whipple for about $575. The eaton M-112 or TVS should bolt up to it, even if an top adaptor plate needs to be made.

your intake design

Your intake design would allow you to adapt an after market bof to use as a boost controller simialir to the Vortech centrifugal BOF.

It's possible to pulley the roots/twin screw so you get large boost down low and blow off the excess at higher rpms' without blowing up the internals.
I read about a similiar set-up on a compound screw and centrifugal set-up that was posted in 5.0 Mustang and Fast Fords.

I've tried to do that on my Whipple, but I couldn't get it to dump the boost fast enouhg and I was worried about over pressuring the internals. I assume the vent port on the Whiiple is too small. I then worked on the spacer to set the Whipple on but that required me to get cobra style hood to accomodate the raised blower and I enjoy the sleeper looks of the Mustang.....

do you have any idea if the price will be lower? it looks like a lot of people are interested. i'm gonna start saving now. what kind of time frame are you thinking before production starts?

do you have any idea if the price will be lower? it looks like a lot of people are interested. i'm gonna start saving now. what kind of time frame are you thinking before production starts?
No I don't. The machine shop is still working on coding and machining issues. The setup/programming is being done completely free, but I'll be charged for the 1st actual unit to come off the mill.

I have some help with this project via a member of SVTPerformance, that is doing the legwork with a machine shop that he has used before in Tennessee. I have to play the waiting game to deal with his schedule, but it'll be worth it in the end.

There is still alot to mock/fabricate to get the s/c snout in position let alone the other stuff to make it all work. Once we have a prototype, it'll go MUCH quicker.

Mike

Your intake design would allow you to adapt an after market bof to use as a boost controller simialir to the Vortech centrifugal BOF.

It's possible to pulley the roots/twin screw so you get large boost down low and blow off the excess at higher rpms' without blowing up the internals.

That sounds like a good idea, but not one I am going to take into consideration for this design. I am making this plenum for "stock" internal'd early 4-valves, that don't need over 8-9 PSI anyway. Even with the VIII's stock crank pulley and a small s/c pulley we are looking at 10-11 PSI.

Again, this is being built for the majority who want a fun car to drive BUT, don't want to spend the money for a set of c-heads/forged internals/terminator setup...etc.etc.etc.

Mike

lololol the boosted combustion kid vid lives on!!!!!! i forgot where i saw that at years ago and now its saved!

It only took me 11 different combinations of words and an hour of searching just to find it lolz

Not going balls to the wall by saying "I'M SO IN FOR ONE!!!" But i definatly am and would be interested when this is and hopefully will be produced. I know it wont be cheap but it sure as hell cant be toooo expensive... due to the fact this is all to make it a worth while money saving (in the end) Project. Even tho if a buncha people do get in on the purchase itll just make everyone want MOAR!!

what all are we going to have to modify? are we going to run into problems with compression being too high? i really dont want to get a forged bottom end if i dont have to.

This seems like one hell of a project. I'm an engineering student and looking at those cad drawings gives me goose bumbs...very good job so far. keep up the work.

How much power do you think we are looking at on a stock internal'd mark? I am assuming over 300 rwhp? Not much over but that would be what a mid 13 second mark?

Also I would so be interested in this than trying to build a motor, although I would love to get this and upgrade to a whipple lolol on a motor with a completely forged bottom end.

the 03-04 cobra with this set up makes 390hp. I would guess that ballpark.

How much power do you think we are looking at on a stock internal'd mark? I am assuming over 300 rwhp? Not much over but that would be what a mid 13 second mark?

Also I would so be interested in this than trying to build a motor, although I would love to get this and upgrade to a whipple lolol on a motor with a completely forged bottom end.

Which are not inherently better for boosted applications, lets not forget.

But you are trying to say that a different set of heads that flow differently wouldn't put down a different dyno chart?

To my knowledge "C" heads flow every bit as good as the "B" sets. The reason most will swap out to them is due to more choices of manifolds.

Members online

No members online now.
Back