Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

You may want to look into the carbonite coated pulleys, they key the belt and drastically reduce slippage. Also they eliminate the need for additional ribs on the pulleys.

Yes, It will.

Just sent an e-mail off to a few bulk aluminum supply houses. I have my first plate, that ran me 275 bucks from online metals. That will be for my personal intake, and HOPEFULLY I will be able to order the remainder in bulk and cut down on costs.

We shall see.

What were the dimensions?
Is it 6061?
I can get it our buyer to quote it if you like.

Fordnut,

I need your e-mail addy.

I have just recieved my first quote and REALLY did'nt like the price.

2,200 for the 1st unit

1,274 for the next 5

1,254 for 5-10

------------------------------------------------

I have 3 other machine shops working up quotes but have YET to hear from them. I'll be kicking some doors down tomorrow morning for information. The prices quoted above do not reflect ANY kind of profit margin on my part and are even taking into account that I am supplying the material.

No good.

Fordnut,

I need your e-mail addy.

I have just recieved my first quote and REALLY did'nt like the price.

2,200 for the 1st unit

1,274 for the next 5

1,254 for 5-10

------------------------------------------------

I have 3 other machine shops working up quotes but have YET to hear from them. I'll be kicking some doors down tomorrow morning for information. The prices quoted above do not reflect ANY kind of profit margin on my part and are even taking into account that I am supplying the material.

No good.

Why don't we cast these things?

From an ease of production standpoint. I don't think that having a mold produced and production started at a foundry is going to be any cheaper than the quote I just mentioned for a billet version.

If you think differently, gimme the foundry's info and I'll go from there.

Mike

How do you figure? 3 pieces would increase setup/machine time and would also decrease the unit's strength.

I'll leave it like it is.

Been working with Inventor a bit today, Got the spacing/clearancing for the injectors/rail setup correctly. I'll be going with a remote mount pressure regulator mounted on the firewall.

I have'nt decided on braided stainless for upper lines orif I am just gonna run fittings and High pressure rubber line and F.I. clamps. I've NEVER had a problem with that kind of setup, but may end up going with braided for the "look".

One day at a time I suppose............

Mike

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looks good Mike.

The 2 part design is fine and your right adding any extra parts to machine will add to the cost.
Its not so much the Maching, its the programing that kills you.
The machine runs itself :rolleyes:

Its a fun project.
What was your Mat. cost? did you come in cheaper the the $400 I came up with?

Your quote is the best I found man. And for that matter the price you gave me was for both a block of 2.25" AND 2.00" billet, I will only need the 2" for the bottom and the 1/2" plate for production, so we are looking at 160 and 45, so 205 total plus shipping.

Not too bad, just got to get the code written and start making chips fly.

Mike

Are you making all these designs in solidworks?

That is awesome work!

Cant wait for final product...

No not Solidworks.

It's a program VERY similar called Autodesk Inventor.

Anyway, I spent some time with the lathe today and whipped up the spacer required to put this pulley inline with the belt. I'm building the NEW belt system one piece at a time so bear with me.

Part numbers for the billet pulley will be revealed in time.

Mike

EDIT: Don't mind the zip ties holding the PS tank to the engine. I sold my GEN1 cast bracket because I did'nt need it, (COP conversion), and I have a GEN2 bracket comming for it.

000_0105.JPG

000_0106.JPG

000_0108.JPG

000_0109.JPG

000_0110.JPG

000_0113.JPG

maybe some shop would let do the g&m code programing for them
then you could bring them the part on a disk and they would only have to
dial it in and hit the go button
that is if you could find the Software for cheep for your home computer

B head adapters

That's a great project. I have two engines for a 32 coupe hot rod. A 2004 Mach 1 and a 1997 Lincoln. I have some thick aluminum bar stock and I am going to make adapter plates to put the C head intake on the Mark VIII motor. One advantage is the injector ports are on the Mach 1 intake and I will eliminate the IRC plates. I was looking at your 2 D drawings, but the photo quality was degraded in the upload. I would save me some time if I could copy the bolt hole locations from your drawing. Would you please pm or e-mail me a higher quality picture. Thanks.

Got your e-mail Mike.

It was fun to get my hands on the files.
Being able to see it and play with the solid model was a kick.

You must have a ton of time into drawing this....hour many hours do you think total?

Chips will be flying soon. :cool:

OBTW are we talking block tolerance....+ - .005 ?

What ever is reasonable between machining effort, and overall cost man. I have about 13 hours total between the 2 sections, but thats not counting the re-work for the reversed lower section.

I have to run into town real quick to grab my phone, I left it at work last night. Call you in a bit.

Mike

maybe some shop would let do the g&m code programing for them
then you could bring them the part on a disk and they would only have to
dial it in and hit the go button
that is if you could find the Software for cheep for your home computer

Not that simple.
Anyone machining this is going to want to make there own code.
Software that can write code and post it to a machine is expensive.

The software has to have a post processor for the given machine you choose to do the work on.
Every post you have to write, or pay someone to write it for you.
The code has to be correct for the machine you are sending it to.

Members online

Back