Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

Thanks Greg,

I won't need it though. I have access to a billion dollar machine shop's tool crib. They won't miss a few handfulls of cutting tools.:)

Thanks though.

So I did not read all 9 pages... Are you now going to build a lower intake for a blower? If so I will put in cash on a prototype to make it happen if I get one .

I have no intention of mass producing these things.

I am writing code right now and can tell you that I'll have every bit of 24 hours in machine time per unit.

It's not financialy feasable to make alot of them.

I'll make this one, put it on my 95 and be done with it.

This is worth watching to give me some ideas even tho I sold my blower off a while ago :(

Mike,
If you need any help with the code give me a call.
I also have these drawings in gibbs cam if you need them.

I'm actually using a program called BOB-CAD. It's also CAM software as well.

I think it's gonna work out pretty well.

I'll keep ya informed Kirk.

I'm familiar with bob-cad.
I am guessing you using basic g code.
Just don't forget to use cutter comp!
Have fun with it.
If you need anything feel free to call.
I am very exited to see chips fly.

any one off tools you need I can come up with.
I know a guy ;)

You could use a ball mill and radius the center (outside toward injector) horizontals at the same time...

attachment.jpg

Just a small thought. There is a half size intercooler made for the 3800 series motors with superchargers like the GTP, SSEi and GS. The core itself is under $200 and you could easily fit it into this application. All it uses to seal itself against the plenum is rubber donut gaskets so integration should be simple enough.

Then all you have to do is flip the alt around or drop it down low and there is room for the coolant lines to route to it. Should be good for an 80+* temp drop which would allow for MUCH more timing and power. The GTP guys see 30-40 hp gains with them and thats based off a 3.8L M90 Supercharged 240hp V-6.

I have no intention of mass producing these things.

I am writing code right now and can tell you that I'll have every bit of 24 hours in machine time per unit.

It's not financialy feasable to make alot of them.

I'll make this one, put it on my 95 and be done with it.

Stop taking your ball and going home, how about a small run of these? For people who will ACTUALLY buy one.

Mine is indeed for "C" heads. My purpose was to show the window opening for the cooler lines and also the way in which the unit was then sealed up by the milled, drilled and tapped boss on the front surface in the event that it would help the cause.

What I am saying is that the KB C-Head kit uses the same lower intake that comes on the terminator. (I.E.) kenne-bell bought them from Ford.

What's so hard to understand about that?

And I'll make these intakes for other people for material cost + machine time (40 per hour) + my labor (50 per hour).

You do the math at 20 hours machine time.

1800 + material and parts really isn't bad for a custom set up when compare it to the cost of a new kit.
Especially when you look at how cheap a lot of the mustang guys are selling their parts for.

Dont get snippy with me doucher!

:p

The way you worded it made it sound like you need that part and a Cobra intake which is what I didnt understand being that the KB is a Cobra intake.

You have explained it better now. Now go make me some chicken on teh grill.

Members online

No members online now.
Back