Great fix for dim headlights :)

how do you not see them they are right in the back of the rear quarter where the stock ones used to be lol!! there is no light bar across the back like some are saying though, but i see the tail lights they are way taller than stock. the lenses are smoked black so its hard to see but they are right where the stock ones would be.

I really like the head lights and the instrument cluster, needs the 1/4 windows though. Very nice work man, feel free to post as many pictures as possible of this! :D

Ok, here are more exterior pics

I'll post these and then start working on the build pics. I'll also try to answer questions in between. Yes, definitely Mazda 6 lights, only the cornersl in the back. No light bar, removed it.
This was a $1500 side of the road find, pearl white that needed a lot of work.
Yes, myself and a friend did everything but the dash rebuild and seats. Just put the temp plate on it because of my birth date timing. It was cheaper that way.

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f16.jpg

f17.jpg

f18.jpg

f19.jpg

f20.jpg

f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f23.jpg

The dash

Very nice work. I would like to see some more interior pics. How was the dash done?

The dash was completely removed from the car. I worked with a local guy on what I wanted. He worked the openings for what I needed and then fiberglassed the entire dash. we then used bondo to complete the shape and smooth it out. The dash was then painted with the same triple black exterior paint and clear coated. I removed all of the electronics except for the HVAC controls. The back of the dash is the same so it bolts right back up. Still working on the glove compartment area. Not sure if I want to just put it back in or work in some more electronics.

Last edited:
WARNING: Graphic scenes of raw Mark VIII

Here are some of the build pics. It will give you an overview of what we did.

Removed all trim, moldings, door handles, rear windows and badges.
Filled in all lines of any kind, door handles and rear windows.
Re-worked corners to accept new lights.
Widened the rear "hump" a bit.
Added lip to deck lid to match corners.
Added Lincoln logo to deck lid.
Customized the dash.
New carpet.
Re-covered seats
covered interior panels with ultra-suede along with painting bezels and such for accent.
Re-covered the headliner.
New front and rear window. Had the dreaded wrinkled molding :(

f24.jpg

f25.jpg

f26.jpg

f27.jpg

f28.jpg

f29.jpg

f30.jpg

f31.JPG

f32.jpg

f33.jpg

f34.JPG

f35.jpg

f36.JPG

f37.jpg

f38.jpg

f39.jpg

f40.jpg

f41.jpg

f42.jpg

f43.jpg

f44.jpg

f45.jpg

f46.jpg

f47.jpg

f48.jpg

f49.jpg

f50.jpg

Very impressive. Lots of hard work obviously went into that car. I love the smoothed bumper covers and side molding delete. Also like the shaved door handles. At first glance I thought it was 2nd gen then noticed the mirrors and antennae. Very nice clean look.

Very impressive. Lots of hard work obviously went into that car. I love the smoothed bumper covers and side molding delete. Also like the shaved door handles. At first glance I thought it was 2nd gen then noticed the mirrors and antennae. Very nice clean look.

Thanks, it was a real pain smoothing out those bumpers...

Really nice work! I dont like all of it but can appreciate the work, time, and uniqueness of it all.
Maybe I missed it looking at all the pics but the test fit of the headlight looked like a stock chrome bottom and the finished product looks like a blacked out version.
Did you get aftermarket lights?

Really nice work! I dont like all of it but can appreciate the work, time, and uniqueness of it all.
Maybe I missed it looking at all the pics but the test fit of the headlight looked like a stock chrome bottom and the finished product looks like a blacked out version.
Did you get aftermarket lights?

The head and tail lights are from an 06 Mazda 6. We found a light at the junk yard and used it to test fit things. I bought a new set of them online and after we painted the rest of the car, we darkened them a bit. Amazingly, the Mazda lights matched the contour of the car very well. Got lucky there. My original lights were so yellow and nasty, I had to do something.

Great work. The window delete looks great! I can't say I'm a fan of the interior, though. I really do like the body mods.

it isnt for my car, but that is some seriously impressive custom work. it turned out awesome. good job man.

Wow. I don't think I've ever hated and liked a Mark VIII at the same time before.. I do think this lends credence to my theory that a 2nd gen would look good with projector headlights.

Members online

No members online now.
Back