Great fix for dim headlights :)

you've put so much work into this car and its all payed off with how well done it looks ;)

thats completely sick. the rear is so custom. need build up pics. step by step. there is another haedlight thread, but the rear is sooooo clean.nice job.

Great looking custom work, tell me that grille isn't from a camaro or impala please. haha

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't taken a close look at that but I will. It could you a little more something on the rear. I have definitely thought about the emblem lighting, just haven't come up with a good way to do it yet.

I love the paint. It looks like you could fall into it and never be found again. Very deep looking. The front looks damn good and I love the headlights, not to mention the work that went into fitting them.

The rear, I would have went with the 2011-2012 Charger lighting and wing or maybe not the wing. It looks like it would fit the contour of the lid and also go from side to side. Not sure if you have seen the Charger lit up at night from the rear but it's bad ass or to me it is. The Mark really needs that lighting across the entire rear IMO but all in all, you done some very impressive work. I like the rear 1/4 window delete but only because it's black. Not sure if it would look good in any other color. Just tossing the idea and you saying that it's not officially done, thought I'd throw the idea of the Charger lighting in there. If you haven't seen it at night, give it a look. Maybe even incorporate some LED lighting into the Lincoln emblem you already have....

2011-dodge-charger-12_653.jpg

Great looking custom work, tell me that grille isn't from a camaro or impala please. haha

LOL! No fears, it's not. That grill started as a sheet of aluminum. I cut it all out using a jigsaw and then fine tuned it using a belt sander. Supports were made out of aluminum tubing and bolted together. If a bird hit's this grill, it's gonna turn it into finely sliced lunch meat. :D

Thank you

The compliments are greatly appreciated. I will pass them on to my buddy who is responsible for it looking so good. He is a perfectionist with his paint work. I've got a couple weeks worth of hours into the wet sanding and buffing but I've never enjoyed polishing a car so much.

The car is going into storage for the winter and we're going to do some more work on it. I'll post more pics of what we do. Along with some more body work, I have to change out the seals on the tranny and the oil pan gasket. Might be a good time to do some custom exhaust work.:rolleyes:

If the trans is leaking towards the front be sure to check the fill tube for the leak as the "O" ring tends to dry out and lets trans fluid come out and it rolls down the front of the pan and trans. It is a easy fix to replace.

While you have the trans down you might want to consider installing new gears and traction lok, new fuel pump, one piece drive shaft, and replacement of any worn out rear suspension components (bushings & shocks).

If the trans is leaking towards the front be sure to check the fill tube for the leak as the "O" ring tends to dry out and lets trans fluid come out and it rolls down the front of the pan and trans. It is a easy fix to replace.

While you have the trans down you might want to consider installing new gears and traction lok, new fuel pump, one piece drive shaft, and replacement of any worn out rear suspension components (bushings & shocks).

I sure wish that was the case with O ring. I did replace it hoping that would fix it along with the tranny pan gasket but no luck. It's definitely the seals. But like you mentioned, a good time for upgrades and repairs. I'm actually looking forward to it. Where would find a one piece drive shaft?

one piece drive shafts are in 93 mark's only.
they come up for sale from time to time here on the lincoln sites or on ebay or junkyards.

Very very nice custom work. I looked at the picture of the interior ripped out with the miles of wiring and immediately became depressed. LOL Other than that, the car is an A-. I'm not a fan of darked out taillights so that's the only checkmark I give ya. Great job!

Very very nice custom work. I looked at the picture of the interior ripped out with the miles of wiring and immediately became depressed. LOL Other than that, the car is an A-. I'm not a fan of darked out taillights so that's the only checkmark I give ya. Great job!

LOL, you felt depressed? Imagine letting that sit for a couple months and then coming back to it. It looked pretty bad and most of my family thought it was gonna end up in the scrap yard at that point. But it really wasn't too bad to put back together. Key word was patience. Thank you for the compliment.

I love the car except for the rear 1/4 window delete, someone needs make a kit for those headlights. And I'm really digging the symbol on the trunk.

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't taken a close look at that but I will. It could you a little more something on the rear. I have definitely thought about the emblem lighting, just haven't come up with a good way to do it yet.

After looking at it more, I too would figure out a way to get that emblem lit up somehow with custom LED or neon lighting. Maybe a single strip of LED lighting to fit the contour under the lip at the top of the trunk lid. Maybe something from a Caddy would work. Lighting the emblem would look killer though but so would the work, if done right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back