1st Prototype Pics

Yep. That's the idea.

That leads me to ask, so this is just designed for folks who mainly want to keep an airspring in their car regardless of if the factory suspension is fully functional? ( factory raise/lower)

Now this unit you are designing for the use w/ the factory solenoid... this really interests me! To have a fully factory functioning suspension would be great! And especially if I could still use my Ray-Switch!

So pump manually and match pressure side to side with a tire gauge? Now thats cool and great if the compressor takes a crap.

Stangman, no-no. The manual fill option is there just in case. This strut was originally designed for use with the factory system. The shraeder valve was just an afterthought.

The reason I'm having something made to accept a factory solenoid, is because some people want a factory setup. (plug-n-play) For the time being, if you want the bigger, aftermarket solenoid, you'll need to splice 2 wires on the front solenoid.

The aftermarket solenoid has a different Ohm reading than the stock solenoid, so I was thinking it may kick on the check suspension message....but didn't have any problem in testing today(knock on wood).

Fordnut, billcu is just testing the prototypes. If everything goes ok, you can order a pair and have them on your doorstep in 2.5 weeks.

Stangman, no-no. The manual fill option is there just in case. This strut was originally designed for use with the factory system. The shraeder valve was just an afterthought.

The reason I'm having something made to accept a factory solenoid, is because some people want a factory setup. (plug-n-play) For the time being, if you want the bigger, aftermarket solenoid, you'll need to splice 2 wires on the front solenoid.

The aftermarket solenoid has a different Ohm reading than the stock solenoid, so I was thinking it may kick on the check suspension message....but didn't have any problem in testing today(knock on wood).

Fordnut, billcu is just testing the prototypes. If everything goes ok, you can order a pair and have them on your doorstep in 2.5 weeks.

Makes complete sense now. Thank you for clarifying. So, does that mean the car will still do its pre/post-55mph height and curb height adjustments? Once you wire in the solenoid that is.

Stangman; So said:
Absolutely.....and i'm sure it'll ride different....either harder or softer, but the ONLY change I figure they'll be is that it'll vent freakin quick! Due to the 1/2 inch hole going into the air spring and the bigger solenoid.

looks good

Looks like ridetech stuff to me - if it is too stiff one could use a small surge tank in line to soften the ride - i doubt they would be too harsh anyway - i bet a little stiffer ride "more performance oriented" would be welcome to our crowd anyhoo :D

Let me ask this question a different way... What are the characteristics of the shock absorber inside these new struts...? Harder/softer than stock? I'm wondering because I know some people, myself included are after a stiffer shock absorber. Any insight on this? Thanks!

Eddie.

If testing goes well. Ill send a check for a set.

Hey no butting in line Mike!

I think a few of us will want a set.
After I figure out my hard fault :(

Any chance of fitting this big bigger solenoid into the rear bags?
Or in a set of stock fronts with some modification?

The rears are coming. Same deal, can use the bigger solenoid, a stock type remote mounted solenoid....or the setup in the works to accept a factory solenoid.

These air shocks look awesome! And I would love to have a set. They look much sturdier than the stock shocks. But I just can't afford $600 bucks for a pair of shocks right now. Maybe when production picks up and the price goes down I can think about it. I've also been thinking about the possibility of putting air suspension on the Cobra. But, unlike the Mark VIII, the Mustang has struts in the front. Are these shocks going to be exclusively for the Mark VIII? Or will there be different versions for different vehicles? Although I'm not a fan of McPherson struts, I don't have much choice in the Mustang. The SLA suspension is one of the main reasons I bought the Mark VIII instead of a VII with struts. Anyway, the design looks very versatile. Replace the LCA bracket on the bottom with a spindle bracket, and put a bearing cap on top, and it would work for a strut suspension like the Mustang also instead of beng exclusively SLA compatable. It would also make the unit more profitable if it were compatible with both strut and SLA suspensions as well as multiple different cars. And in the case of the Mustang, it would eliminate the separate spring attached to the LCA. Now, if only I could afford one of those aftermarket SLA conversions for the Mustang, I could get rid of those dam struts!!!

Eddie as soon as testing is done please give us heads up on orders I'm taking a set...and if production works out I'll be in for a second set to put air ride back in my 1993

Let me ask this question a different way... What are the characteristics of the shock absorber inside these new struts...? Harder/softer than stock? I'm wondering because I know some people, myself included are after a stiffer shock absorber. Any insight on this? Thanks!

this is my exact question also.

Will do guys. Keep an eye on the website also. Have some other pretty cool "stuff" for the Mark VIII on the way.

600 for the pair? That's WAY cheaper than I was expecting them to be.

I'll be saving up as well, definitely interested.

how much travel is there? what are the compressed and extended heights of the bag itself?

Members online

Back