1st Prototype Pics

Eddie will the finished product have the same finish or are you going with a painted version

What would you do.....seeing how there isn't an aftermarket alternative for the Mark VIII? Make a strut that 500-1,000 people will buy over the years.....or a strut that you may sell 40 in a year? All I can go on is what I've heard over the years. There ARE more people by FAR that want a good ride than want a performance ride.

With all that being said, I will at least look into a performance model.

Understood. Just got me excited. But I personally never meet anybody who didn't agree the stock suspension was to soft and had an annoying float. I always thought that was more the shock than the air bag ??? Thanks, Don

Eddie will the finished product have the same finish or are you going with a painted version

For the exception of the shraeder valve not being shown in the picture(installed after the pic was taken), it'll be just like it shows in the picture.

Understood. Just got me excited. But I personally never meet anybody who didn't agree the stock suspension was to soft and had an annoying float. I always thought that was more the shock than the air bag ??? Thanks, Don

It has alot to do with the shock, don't get me wrong....but the bag plays into it also. If you took a stock OEM strut and put an air spring from one of these prototypes on it, it would ride different than stock.

So just what do you have planned for the rear bags? And what rear shocks doyou recommend with this setup

I should know more towards the end of the month, but we're working on a rear air spring for the Mark VIII that accepts an aftermarket "Hi-Flow" solenoid....just like we're using on the other struts.

FYI, with both of these aftermarket air struts & air springs on a Mark VIII, it would be very easy for someone to fast bag one of these cars.

By the time all of this is tested and hopefully(fingers crossed) goes well, I'll get back working on a stand alone system to raise and lower a Mark WITHOUT using the factory computer and relay.

Fast bag options seem endless........ Dual Hi-Flow solenoids on each air spring/strut, bigger air lines running the compressed air from the tank to the Hi-Flow solenoids, air being vented, flows through the 2nd solenoid, air tank mounted in the trunk with a pressure switch so that the compressor fills the tank....not just the bags.

So are we talking about a possible cockpit control for height as well as diagnostic indicators.
Also more info on just how straight forward the install will be, tubing wise? Is there any safety feature to prevent full deflation triggered via remote while at speeds on the highway?
I like the fact that my car will still lower when on the highway like factory. Now I just need some one to take a trunk lid and cut a section out, modify the cut out portion as a automatic rear spoiler that rises at speed like a crossfire or the new Audi a7.

I like American Air's price and feature offerings more
than what another mfg is offering on a similar Mark VIII
suspension products. Eddies designs are well thoughtout
for various types off applications from plug-n-play to fastbags.

I will try to contact the other mfg to see what they are using
as far as the dampers go. I'd like to see a compression/rebound
graph like the ones Rancho printed out for me when I was
heavily into desert Off-Roading and suspension modifications.

AirBags2-1.jpg

RearBags-1.jpg

This is exactly what I need because I will be running
an airtank mounted in the trunk.

Fast bag options seem endless........ Dual Hi-Flow solenoids on each air spring/strut, bigger air lines running the compressed air from the tank to the Hi-Flow solenoids, air being vented, flows through the 2nd solenoid, air tank mounted in the trunk with a pressure switch so that the compressor fills the tank....not just the bags.

This sounds awesome.
Exactly the direction I would go.
I love my ray switch...just vents/ raises so slow.

Dumping the factory computer and relay would be awesome.

Eddie - why haven't you mentioned this to me in one of the 5 million calls I have made to you in the past 3-4 months!!!!! WOW!!!! That Thang is SEXY!!!!

So instead of saving for a castration this spring for Tux, I will save for those sexy babies!!!!

WOW - thanks Eddie!!!!

Debi

Eddie - why haven't you mentioned this to me in one of the 5 million calls I have made to you in the past 3-4 months!!!!! WOW!!!! That Thang is SEXY!!!!

So instead of saving for a castration this spring for Tux, I will save for those sexy babies!!!!

WOW - thanks Eddie!!!!

Debi

It was nothing more than an idea last time we spoke.

Btw, do you still have my scan tool? I got a guy that needs it bad!

One of my gen.II's is equpt. with strutmaster lowering units. The ride is too soft and it bottoms out in the front. I have been very dissapointed with the ride, but like the way it looks.If your units work right I'll be ready to buy when they are ready for delivery. George Eisenhart

One of my gen.II's is equpt. with strutmaster lowering units. The ride is too soft and it bottoms out in the front. I have been very dissapointed with the ride, but like the way it looks.If your units work right I'll be ready to buy when they are ready for delivery. George Eisenhart

If your going to put these struts on a lowered Mark VIII, make sure to order the lowered version. This way you'll get the best ride.

Got'em back Friday. If everything goes right, I'll get them plumbed and shipped in the next day or so.....and they should be on Bills doorstep Friday for installation/testing.

I'm hopeful all goes well with testin.g if so then I hope to have money by the end of summer for a pair of lowered ones.

For what its worth.........the front of my Mark VIII with an arnott on the LF and one of our prototypes on the RF. When you jounce on the front end, it does appear the RF is a little stiffer, as the RF stops bouncing almost immediately. The arnott kept going for a split second.

I did make a change on the solenoid location. Its a pretty tight area down there, so I decided to go with a remote mount solenoid system. Fairly easy to setup. Should only take a half hour to mount. Below is a pic after installation of the remote solenoid.

PROTO-02-07-12.JPG

I still think they will be on Bills' doorstep this weekend.

Looky good!! I want to get a set of the lowered ones asap! After I find a bag-o-money of course.

Members online

No members online now.
Back