1997 Evergreen/Ivory Progress

Wow..nice, I'm starting to like this build better than the 95! Keep it goin looks sweet!

My gen 2 LSC had the oil pressure sending unit fail twice in 6 months! all's good now, except 1 small leak.

Thanks guys.

I wasn't going to manual swap it, but I got to looking through my parts stash and decided it could be done easily to make it to Boscobel.

Everything is done. Litterally. I'm just waiting on the DS to get here from Michigan.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the DS?

I would love to do the swap on my own car.

Looking forward to video of this when the DS shows up.

Just found out my driveshaft is on its way. Three business days from this morning, once it gets here, I have to install it, the fuel tank, the exaust, and get it aligned. Then it's on the trailer for the trip to Boscobel.

Getting excited.

Seems slow. You should've installed one of those electric superchargers. I put one on my car this winter and it's working awesome

20130710_205421_zpse79587df.jpg

Last of the trim is painted, and will be installed before Boscobel.

Getting excited to see everyone again.

Massive hail damage.

It wasn't worth the labor to repair it when you can buy a low mileage desert car cheap.

DSC_0389_zps564550aa.jpg

It's here!

And installed

And I drove it.

No CELs, and no serious leaks. I have a small coolant drip that is from a spring clamp that needs tightened down. She will most definetly be in Boscobel this year.

TTT,

Smallish update I guess....

Car runs smooth and returns excellent fuel economy (when I keep my foot out of it.) There is definetly more in this combo as I can feel it pull timing way too early and never give it back.

My new X-Cal3 is here and SCT Pro-Racer is in the mail. Give me a few months to teach myself how to do this tuning and It'll be a completely different car. We trailered it to Illinois, and I drove it to Wisconsin from there.

Once we got home, I decided to clay bar the entire car and re-wax it. I'm now working on polishing and sealing the wheels.

For the most part, the car is done. It'll be getting trimmed out and little bugs and gremlins adressed, but it's done. I have a new stable mate for the 95' and the 97' so funds are going to it.

More on that later.

Mike

20130715_075707_zps5473c791.jpg

20130718_122440_zps39687ecd.jpg

9349617951_10df9be66a_o_zpsaaee7b7d.jpg

1374408431836_zps2e22775d.jpg

Thanks for the update, Mike. I was glad to see it made it to Wisconsin, that's for sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back