1995 Indigo Lights/Black LSC Progress

Ah. Missed it..

Great thread. Watching closely for my own project, especially wiring.

What are your plans for ECM and tuning?

Everytime I come to this thread, I am blown away by how much there is to read/see. Impressive.

Thanks everyone.

I like to put these pics up here so I have a frame by frame reference of a build. It also lets others see whats going on as well.

Small update, Started wrapping the harness tonight and getting it finished up so I can re-install the intake and get the damned thing installed in the car. (there is alot of work involved in re-running the harness)

Trans cross member is done as well. (I went a bit different route than others have done by welding reinforcments in to stiffen/strengthen the X-member more than stock.) I can't say enough good about this VHT Wrinkle paint.... covers good, looks awesome, and seems to be pretty durable.

That's it till this weekend.

Mike

DSC_0166_zps11380153.jpg

DSC_0165_zpsebad46fd.jpg

DSC_0163_zps2e6f0a41.jpg

DSC_0162_zps43ce5b09.jpg

DSC_0160_zps48ecbc21.jpg

DSC_0159_zpsdb05f33b.jpg

attachment.jpg

ROFL....love that pic from the t-bid swap :)

lol i figured id dust off a classic

good progress mike, does the injector harness come out the front of the intake and loop around to the rear? just wondering why you didnt just come up from the back?

Even detailing the transmission crossmember, so is gonna be one of those care spinning over mirrors now :shifty:

Chicken, I'm hiding as much of the wiring as possible.

By routing it that way it keeps the loom size small.

Wiring is done, and wrapped.

Also got the X-over tube and alternator done as well. I'm really happy with how the top end is coming out.

DSC_0201_zpsd422c3c5.jpg

DSC_0202_zps63b99f17.jpg

DSC_0206_zps1cbdc922.jpg

DSC_0208_zps9c129d96.jpg

DSC_0209_zps2d176779.jpg

DSC_0211_zps79d7eded.jpg

Its for contrast while sanding.

As you block the primer down, the guide coat stays untouched in the low spots. Its really just to show you what still needs work while blocking the primer flat and or to final contour.

Guide coat Eric. When "blocking" primer coat, first spray a light coat of a opposite color which is the "guide coat". When you block the primer, the higher areas are sanded first, thus removing the "guide coat". When all the guide coat is gone, the panel is now flat.

Knowing your attention to detail id assume you will be repainting the fender wells right? I'd sure hate to have a beautiful finish with a bunch of primer overspray showing.

you have obviously never met mike and jd lol

Nope..but like I said knowing their attention to detail I'd guess they would repaint the fender wells if they got a bunch of overspray in there..I've seen all the progress threads of their cars and I can tell they do phenomenal work..but if it were me I'd probably just skip repainting and tape off the area to avoid over spray.

waaaaay back at the first boscobel meet, jd was painting the fuel door bump stops with black touch up paint.... it will be perfection no worries

Members online

No members online now.
Back