What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Well i pulled my front cover today to find my crank trigger wheel split in half no wonder why it wasnt getting spark!!!! pointer to all you guys out there with underdrive pulleys and blowers replace that trigger wheel dont get stuck on the side of the road like i did

0317001457.jpg

ok where do I start?
Last Saturday- 4 wheel balanced, 4 Wheel Alignment(required outter tierod end) Oil Change, Ordered rear struts from Arnott, Ordered front Airbags/Struts from American Air..
Sunday, - 8 plugs replaced, 6 actually went in. Replaced all 8 wires.
Monday- bought Mirror from Jim.replaced 2 plugs and was able to get them to screw in.. Had CEL on I would assume for the miss I now have in the engine.. CEL went away on its own, then the Door ajar alert on display... Sprayed down all hinges and door pins.. Cleared message....
Tuesday, cleaned throtle body,bought new Serpentine Belt, Front left caliper, and strut rod bushings for frame....
Wednesday, looking into the headlight resurface.
Thursday will be out shooting Darts,
Friday - CAR day.. will spend all day putting in parts hopefully all parts will show up.
Saturday take car back to alignment shop so I can it redone due to strutrod bushings...

Enough done?

I installed my 10.2 Vision Ign wires, CEL and misfire seem to be gone, idle is a bit rough, will change oil when I drop cross member Friday night...
update..CEL came back on after highway driving for 10 minutes

Sprayed my fuel door w/ lube cause it was sticking when pressed....seems to do it when i take it out of storage every year. Retuned my stereo.

Washed it again then went on a spending spree for it!

Ordered the Addco 1.25" sway bar, engine cradle brace, IRS brace, Magnaflow X-pipe resonator and my Borla Pro XS mufflers. :wrench

Also my new tires showed up today. Wish I was at my office instead of running the Corsicana one so I could go have them installed. :(

So she goes back to the body shop on Monday and get her back Thursday and then it will get the tires and on Friday it will get its exhaust done. Work work work! :lol:

I just ordered some chrome license plate frames that have the Lincoln star on them and say "Mark VIII" on the lower portion. Will help to hide the wrinkled edges of my license plate from the rear ender.

Washed my '98 and cleaned it up and took some pics for my signature. i need to take another cause it was kinda dark.

I ordered some '98 rear ABS sensors from a place called OEHQ.com. They are made my AC Delco. I hope they turn out to be the right parts. I had to special order them but they should ship in a week. Their part number matched the Ford number so I'm crossing my fingers.

well since i havent been working on the mark i figured i would piss someone off and post pics of what i have been working on... the other toy...
before
IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

frontleft.jpg

after
DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

why did you put projectors in it YUCK!!!!

well i got my new head unit in the mail today, putting the system together right now, still gotta get my components, and my JL's from terry. got this amp from him already, and the deck off egay. i also bought a blanket for the 97!!!

kenwood018.jpg

kenwood019.jpg

Chriswedding004.jpg

cause they are a quality light and the output is awesome... i can see forever at night and in this thing i want to be able to see far far away cause ive had too many close calls with deer... around here they arent the size of a dog you know... lol

I balanced and rotated the tires. Had to change two hopping tires so I could get them on the rear wheels. Both left side tires have decent runout. Then when I had it in the air I cleaned the under body.

Well i pulled my front cover today to find my crank trigger wheel split in half no wonder why it wasnt getting spark!!!! pointer to all you guys out there with underdrive pulleys and blowers replace that trigger wheel dont get stuck on the side of the road like i did

Told Ya! :cool:

I replaced my idler and tentioner pulleys, and the AC bearing is shot again... I scrubbed the right bank timing plate and cleaned the tentioner arm
Jamie I have a Mathews Switchback XT 29" draw length I may let go for some mods... Want a new toy?

Pulled the wheels, got both front struts off, but the d side UCA is bad. I couldn't bring myself to pay Napa or Autozone 120 bucks for one, so I had to order it from Rock.

Crud.

Members online

No members online now.
Back