My Car Is HOT!!!!

My plan is to strip it, put the parts in the shed, and look for another Gen2. I'm going to remove the tranny, exhaust lights and interior.

My plan is to strip it, put the parts in the shed, and look for another Gen2. I'm going to remove the tranny, exhaust lights and interior.

Greg, I have a full engine compartment harness and fuse box if you want them they are yours if you are having thoughts about restoring it.

NM, I see the new post. Maybe we can work something on the motor if you can wait a little bit. I need a core to build up and dont care about intake or dammaged valve covers.

I will be putting a fire extinguisher in the Mark this weekend after seeing that.

So did it ever have the recall done or not?

I've been meaning to get a couple more extinguishers, I have one but it's really really old and has no gauge...

Man, that's horrible. I just noticed this thread. It's sad to see such a nice car going down in flames. Looking at those pictures made me think of mine (before the new wheels), and I would be devastated if that happened to me. I'm glad you're ok though.

I'm so sorry man to see that. One thing that I had a friend tell me that is a fire fighter said that if you have an engine compartment fire and no extinguisher is to close the hood. Sometimes the smoke will snuff out the fire, or keep it small until fire department gets there, but this is in hind sight, but if it ever happens to anyone else here, maybe this could help.

Take care man, I know you'll come out on top somehow.

I can't rightly say this had anything to do with the recall. I hardly ever used the cruise control.
It doesnt matter if you USE the cruise control.
USE of the cruise control does not start the fire.

If that were the case, then how do the afffected cars burn down while they are parked in the garage????

WAS the recall PERFORMED?

IF not, it's not hard to determine both the cause, and the blame.

Dang man....sorry to see such a sweet looking car go up in flames. It is good news your ok, but if your a car guy like myself....this has to make you sick!

BTW, this happened to a guy on the freeway the other day to his "baby" and made me think. This is the 100% reason why I not only sell fire extinguishers now.....but also have one in EVERY vehicle I own now. (may take the one out of the Explorer I don't like though :D ) http://www.americanairsuspension.com/cart/products.php?cat=3

For all of you guys who think this is because of the Recall, forget that. The recall was performed. Something else caused this. What I don't know. I'll probably never quite figure it out. All I can really do is move on. I've already found another Black on Black that I'm going to pick up this weekend.

That's awesome! Although, it certainly would be nice to figure out what it was. Even just for your own peace of mind.

I have my suspicions. I worked on the suspension last Saturday and Sunday. I removed the master cylinder, like I always do. Some brake fluid leaked from the lines. I don't know if brake fluid is combustible or not. I drove all day Sunday and Monday, with no problem. The one thing that comes to mind, is the past week, my radio would loose power for a second or two, and then power back on, when I locked the door with the key fob, the horn sound was faint. Almost like a loss of power. These are my observations.

damn gman wow so whats the new one look like and what are u doning with the directionals?

just like i thought the way you said something happened to the brakes and now you say you removed the master cylinder i think the fire was brake fluid related, and yes, brake fluid is highly flammable. it doesnt matter what started it at this point, the damage is done and you are ok. like you said, salvage all the goodies, and find another one to start over, still sucks that you had to have this happen, but it could have been a lot worse! good luck with the new one man.

Yea, chalk that up to lesson learned. Any way, I have a plan. I need some help. I found a 97 black on black, for cheaper than I got this one. This one looks a little rough, but I plan to bring it around. The owner tells me it cranks but wont start. I'm going to have to get it up on my trailer. What do I need to bring with me to get this thing started?

Members online

No members online now.
Back