My Car Is HOT!!!!

I enjoyed the one I bought from you:D
What exactly is wrong with yours?
Yeah, I was cursing your name the other day. :lol: Mine got a little fuel in them from parking on a steep angle to the passenger side with an almost full tank. Some trickled in the right can. Sometimes the car really stinks. Its a little better after I aired them out but its still there.

In my thinking, the other odd issues you had, such as the horn blaring and the power for the radio kicking on and off... I am leaning towards a short started the fire, and the brake fluid accelereated the fire. Thats just my observation.

I'll never know I guess. It's all still a mystery to me. It's not my first rodeo with the front suspension. I've done it five previous times with no problem whatsoever. So I don't know. The only good thing is the whole car didn't go up, so I have every part left in the interior left. The housings still look in tact, but it looks like I will have to get a dremel to cut off the melted plastic that sits on top of the lights. They melted over it, so I couldn't get to the nuts.

Anyway, since I have two other Marks, it hurts, but not that bad. I sucks that it was the Black on Black that I wanted so bad. We all know how coveted Black on Black is. That and Torredor Red.:rolleyes: My mind started racing, wondering how can I get this repaired quickly. Should I repair the current car, should I find another shell. A lot of decisions to make.

fire damage is no fun....and from the pics there is some extensive damage.....its always a tough call when you really love a vehicle....but in this case....its definetly a solid donor....good luck with your future ventures

i am glad you thought logical and decided not to fix it. when a car is burned like that, once the paint has been burnt off you dont want to repair it. yes it could be fixed, but the car will have so much easier of a time to rot , the metal is damaged when fire gets to it and even with primer and paint its still not the same as before it was burnt. its not worth it to fix it, you are making the right choice gman, just use everything you can from it, and make another beauty in its memory!

Yea, emotion had a lot to do with my previous rush decisions. I actually have had some time to really think about what I want to do. I'm going to keep my 93 for a little while, while I slowly rebuild my gen 2. I actually have two choices of doners to choose from. One is a shell, one is black on black sitting in a field, but is over 200 miles away from me. The one that is close to me, just 45 minutes away is just a shell. It has a complete interior and HID lights, and I can get it for $300.
3nc3ma3oa5Z15Q65R2a554c011a7b8d2114.jpg
3k43pc3of5Y45O55U3a55132fc9be268e1f.jpg
3k93mf3o45O45Q05U2a5564d9fb0a6b6a14.jpg

The other one is a complete car, over 200 miles away, black on black, sitting in a field, and they wont take a penny less than $500.00
3k83m03p45O65X45R2a67ec8d5b71bd731f.jpg
3na3m23oe5V25Q65R0a6728aeb93ab31f11.jpg

This one would end up costing me way more than $500 when I factor in trailer rental and gas.

#2 without a doubt. Use the best from both cars and part out the rest to make back money.

yeah i would buy the complete one also dont waste your time or money with the shell. even if it costs you around 800 when you are done, thats less that it will cost to get that shell to a complete car status again.

Just got back from looking at the shell. It's a full complete car except for the engine and tranny. The back window was broke out due to some mischievous kids throwing rocks at it. There's a dent in the driver's door, and on the top of the rear broken window. Other than that, the car is pretty sound. The front airbags are still solidly inflated. The rears not so much. I don't know if the rear neon work or not, but for $300, I figure I cannot go wrong at all. I appreciated the input Jamie, but the people in on the other car has not contacted me since Wednesday to make arrangements, and It would really suck to make a dry run. The reason I like the shell, is because It allows me to start fresh. Not rush anything, and really think about where I want to go with this. Stock or something a little more aggressive. Here are a bunch of pics. Let me know what you think.
000_0020.jpg

000_0021.jpg

000_0022.jpg

000_0023.jpg

000_0024.jpg

000_0025.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0029.jpg

000_0030.jpg

000_0032.jpg

000_0035.jpg

000_0036.jpg

000_0037.jpg

000_0038.jpg

000_0039.jpg

Cool! Now if you are gonna swap your black interior over then please remember me for some important parts I need. Hopefully you can hook me up like I when you came for my green car.

I want the console lid, the information center switch holder if its flawless, one of the front seat belt anchor plastic covers, the seat bolts covers and the rear seat lower cushion if its in perfect shape too and i still need a blemish free wood radio bezel..... oh yeah! Also need the top dash cover if its not scratched up and the plastic piece thats to the right of the passenger airbag between the airbag and door pannel. Thats about it. :D

if you are prepared for the work that will be involved i say do it, thats all on you. anything is possible to make it a car again, if you have the time i say go for it. if you can score both of them even better!! make sure they have clean titles first.

That's just what I needed words of encouragement from Rich. Thanks' I really needed that. Top that off with a Father's Day phone call from GMANjr from somewhere out in the Persian Gulf, things are going to look up. I am going to get the LSC on Saturday.

hey whats better than that! good luck man and have fun with it, just take your time and enjoy it, if you get mad or frustrated just walk away and have a beer!

hey whats better than that! good luck man and have fun with it, just take your time and enjoy it, if you get mad or frustrated just walk away and have a beer!

Sounds like a good road to alcaholism with these cars lol. That car is rough, but hell, for 300 bux i'd probably even jump on it. Does it come with wheels?

Members online

No members online now.
Back